Windows 10: Windows 10 Ethernet adapter keeps "disabling" itself when I startup windows 10

Discus and support Windows 10 Ethernet adapter keeps "disabling" itself when I startup windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; It seems that the ethernet adapter service keeps disabling itself is an issue since 2015 but now it seems Microsoft keeps ignoring this issue. On... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Pak HoWONG, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Ethernet adapter keeps "disabling" itself when I startup windows 10

It seems that the ethernet adapter service keeps disabling itself is an issue since 2015 but now it seems Microsoft keeps ignoring this issue.

On internet, there is a solution about checked off the option of "allow windows to turn off the Ethernet service to save power". I have tried and of course it doesn't resolve the issue. To be honest, this is such a dump idea... think about it, how much power you can save from this, who on earth can live without internet now? Even though you tick such option, Windows should at least popup something to ask the user before they disable itself without letting us know. I have no idea who is the genius in Microsoft brings up such stupid idea.

Anyway, my issue is the Ethernet service disabled when I just startup the Windows 10. I do not expect anyone can resolve the issue as I mentioned this issue has been brought up since 2015 but I encounter this issue just 3 days ago I start using Windows 10 two years ago.

:)

Pak HoWONG, Jan 21, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 21, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jan 21, 2020
  4. xkm1948 Win User

Windows 10 Ethernet adapter keeps "disabling" itself when I startup windows 10

PSA Windows 10 + Adaptive Voltage/Offset voltage and you

I have speed step and all the other power saving option enabled.

So now after setting the system power profile, disable fast boot in uefi, disable hybrid sleep in windows 10 my system has been BSOD free.

xkm1948, Jan 21, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Ethernet adapter keeps "disabling" itself when I startup windows 10

1. Windows 10 Ethernet adapter keeps "disabling" itself when I startup windows 10 - Similar Threads - Ethernet adapter keeps

2. Windows 10 keeps disabling startup programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 keeps disabling startup programs: My computer has stopped loading some apps upon startup. If I enter the Startup menu from Task Manager and enable the apps of interest, then reboot,they will not auto start. If I check the Startup menu again, I typically find that one has been disabled. The other is enabled,...
  3. ethernet keeps disabling itself...help!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ethernet keeps disabling itself...help!: This problem is driving me crazy. I recently bought a new HP Windows 10 laptop. It doesn't have an ethernet jack, so I'm plugging in via a USB adapter, through a USB hub. Problem is, ethernet disables itself off periodically, and switches over to wifi. On my old laptop,...
  4. Wifi adapter keeps randomly disabling itself

Wifi adapter keeps randomly disabling itself: Hi there, I just got a new PC few days ago, I'm having trouble with the WiFi adapter RTL8192EE which is continually disabling itself automatically. The time varies but roughly every 20 mins it just stops working - no networks are detected, but every time I run the network...
  5. WiFi in Windows 10 keeps disabling itself

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WiFi in Windows 10 keeps disabling itself: Hello, I'm running Windows 10 Home on my laptop. The WiFi keeps disabling itself automatically. It won't even show the available connections. I have to go to the Device Manager, disable the driver and then re-enable the driver to get it working. I ran sfc /scannow and it...
  6. Network adapter keeps on disabling itself

Network adapter keeps on disabling itself: Whenever I try to connect to the internet, my network adapter will instantly disable itself. It can display the list of available networks just fine, but once I tried to connect to any one of it, the adapter will disable itself. I even tried to connect using USB Tethering...
  7. Network adapter keeps on disabling itself

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network adapter keeps on disabling itself: Whenever I try to connect to the internet, my network adapter will instantly disable itself. It can display the list of available networks just fine, but once I tried to connect to any one of it, the adapter will disable itself. I even tried to connect using USB Tethering...
  8. (Windows 10) Ethernet adapter keeps "disabling"

(Windows 10) Ethernet adapter keeps "disabling": Hello, This may be a hardware issue, but I figure I'd start here. I've had multiple instances where Users here will take their laptops home (Lenovo T480s Thinkpad) and upon return to the office, and inserting the laptop back into it's docking station, the Ethernet...
  9. Wifi adapter keeps disabling itself.

Wifi adapter keeps disabling itself.: For about a week now I've had to deal with my computer suddenly disconnecting itself from the internet. There doesn't seem to be any particular timing to it; I'll just be going about my business and suddenly it'll disconnect and won't be able to find a network connection for...
  10. Wi-Fi Adapter keeps disabling itself.

Wi-Fi Adapter keeps disabling itself.: My Wi-Fi adapter kept disabling itself and now I can't enable it again, for the past few month or more when my internet connect fails I kept disabling and enabling it and now it's disabling itself. I've tried to troubleshoot it myself but all I can come up with is to restart...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Network adapter disabled itself Windows 10

2. windows 10 network adapter disables itself

3. Windows 10 Ethernet disabled