Windows 10: (Windows 10) Ethernet adapter keeps "disabling"

Discus and support (Windows 10) Ethernet adapter keeps "disabling" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, This may be a hardware issue, but I figure I'd start here. I've had multiple instances where Users here will take their laptops home (Lenovo... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JimKotsonas1, Jul 11, 2019.

1. (Windows 10) Ethernet adapter keeps "disabling"

Hello,

This may be a hardware issue, but I figure I'd start here.

I've had multiple instances where Users here will take their laptops home (Lenovo T480s Thinkpad) and

upon return to the office, and inserting the laptop back into it's docking station, the Ethernet adapter

doesn't work (they have to connect to a wireless signal)

- when you click on the wireless icon in the system tray and select "Network & Internet Settings" there

is no "Ethernet" option along the left side

- if you click on wifi, then click on "change adapter options", there is no Ethernet adapter present w/in

the Network Connections window that pops up

- if you go into device mgr, the adaptor is there with a yellow exclamation. It's not disabled, rather it's

just not working

- If I right click and then disable it, then after the refresh I right click on it and re-enable it, it starts working

again.

I've gone into the adapter settings - Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Network Connections > right click on the ethernet adaptor and select "Properties", then "Configure", then "Power Mgmt (tab)", and have unchecked the "allow the computer to turn off this device..."

But that hasn't resolved the issue.

It's not just a single user. I've had 3-4 people experience this. Not sure where else to look and/or how to resolve.

:)

JimKotsonas1, Jul 11, 2019
  2. rez001 Win User

IP configuration not valid - interference from ethernet adapter?

Solution 1: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1or Windows 10

Step 1:

Go to Device Manager → Network adapters.
    Step 2:

Expand it (Network adapters).

Step 3:

Select your network adapter

Step 4:

Right click on your wireless network adapter or Ethernet adapter and then tap “Update Driver Software”.
    (in this case your network adopter is Ethernet adopter so tap your Ethernet adapter)
    Step 5:

Now on a new window you will need to click on “Browse my computer for driver software”.

(Windows 10) Ethernet adapter keeps "disabling" install-driver-software.png

Step 6:

Then select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.

(Windows 10) Ethernet adapter keeps "disabling" pick-comptible-driver-software.png

Step 7:

Now choose the “Manufacturer’s drivers” from the list of two and then click next.

(Windows 10) Ethernet adapter keeps "disabling" select-network-adapter.png

Step 8:

After the completion of the process just restart your PC and check if the problem is solved or not. If not, goto solution 2.

(Windows 10) Ethernet adapter keeps "disabling" Limited-wi-fi-connection-solved.png

Solution 2: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1,windows10

Step 1:

Open command prompt.
    Step 2:

Just go on hitting the enter after typing the each command.
    netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
    netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disable
    netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
    Step 3:

Now to check if the settings are disabled type:
    netsh int tcp show global
    then hit enter.
    Step 4:

Now the thing left is just rebooting your system and just check if the problem is solved or not and just give feedback.*chuckle*Thumbs

rez001, Jul 11, 2019
  3. Ethernet adapter keeps disabling in windows 10

Hello,

I request you to try the following methods and check if that resolves the issue:

Method 1:

Run the Internet Connections Troubleshooter

This troubleshooter is an automated Windows 10 inbuilt tool which finds and fixes the common issues with the Internet Connections on the computer.

Perform these steps to run this tool and check if that helps.

• Press “Windows Logo” from the keyboard.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” and press “Enter”.
    • In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.
    • Click on “Internet Connections”.
    • Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Method 2:

Run the Network Adapter Troubleshooter

This troubleshooter is an automated Windows10 inbuilt tool which finds and fixes the common issues with the Network Adapter Settings on the computer. It also checks if the network adapter drivers are up to date or not. It may
    also provide you some clue about the hardware failures happening to the Network Adapter.

Perform these steps to run this tool and check if that helps.

• Press “Windows Logo” from the keyboard.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” and press “Enter”.
    • In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.
    • Click on “Network Adapter”.
    • Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Once after running the troubleshooters, check troubleshooting reports and let’s know the details. You may also try out the suggestions given by the troubleshooter and check if that helps.

You may also refer to the articles given below, try the suggestions given in them and check if that helps:

Wired and wireless network problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/...3&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

(Applicable for windows 10 also.)

Please wait while the system check for the updates. If updates are found, click on Install updates.

Hope the information helps to fix the issue, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Jul 11, 2019
  4. (Windows 10) Ethernet adapter keeps "disabling"

Windows 10: ethernet adapter problem (HooToo)

Dear Community,

I have a Lenovo Yoga 13, and am using a HooToo HT-UE01 USB Hub / ethernet adapter to connect to the internet through the USB 3 port of the laptop. Since my Windows 10 upgrade, the ethernet capability has stopped functioning properly (the USB ports are fine).
    If the laptop ever sleeps and is reactivated, or if the laptop is shut down and rebooted, then the ethernet adapter stops working.

When this happens the ethernet adapter vanishes from the Device Manager. To solve the problem I have to disable the USB port (which, strangely, doesn't disable the devices plugged into that port), then enable it, which makes the ethernet adapter appear in
    the Device Manager. Then I have to disable and enable the ethernet adapter, and the problem is solved.

Of course, I do not want to have to do this every time my laptop reactivates, and I had no problem on Windows 8.1.

I have taken the following steps so far with no luck:

• Uninstalled and updated the driver for the HooToo UE01 (Windows 8.1 driver is the most up to date available).
    • Uninstalled and reinstalled the driver of the USB 3.0 port from Lenovo.
    • Just in case, uninstalled and reinstalled the RealTek wifi adapter drivers from Lenovo, in case there was cross talk.

Kind Regards,

James

JamesMillen, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

(Windows 10) Ethernet adapter keeps "disabling"

1. (Windows 10) Ethernet adapter keeps "disabling" - Similar Threads - Ethernet adapter keeps

2. Ethernet speed keeps changing to 10mbps after a Disconnect/Disabling the ethernet adapter...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet speed keeps changing to 10mbps after a Disconnect/Disabling the ethernet adapter...: Hi,I have used wifi for a long time to use the internet in my windows 11 desktop. Recently Ive switched to wired/ethernet connection and facing a very annoying issue that is, it connects as 100mbps Full-Duplex max speed supported by my router but if I disable the ethernet...
  3. Ethernet speed keeps changing to 10mbps after a Disconnect/Disabling the ethernet adapter...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet speed keeps changing to 10mbps after a Disconnect/Disabling the ethernet adapter...: Hi,I have used wifi for a long time to use the internet in my windows 11 desktop. Recently Ive switched to wired/ethernet connection and facing a very annoying issue that is, it connects as 100mbps Full-Duplex max speed supported by my router but if I disable the ethernet...
  4. Network adapter keeps disabling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network adapter keeps disabling: Hello, I've had this problem with my wireless network adapter for a few months. I got this laptop in March 2021, it's basically brand new. The wifi adapter randomly keeps disabling itself, it all starts with losing connection and I can only see my home wifi connection on the...
  5. Windows keeps disabling network adapter

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows keeps disabling network adapter: Whenever I try to connect to the internet, my network adapter will instantly disable itself. It can display the list of available networks just fine, but once I tried to connect to any one of it, the adapter will disable itself. I even tried to connect using USB Tethering...
  6. Virtualisation disables ethernet adapter completely

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Virtualisation disables ethernet adapter completely: When I am enabling virtualisation support from Programs and Features, my Ethernet adapter no longer shows up in adapter options. I have checked device manager, where the adapter seems to show an error, with a Code-48. I have tried all possible fixes for the Code-48 error but...
  7. Ethernet adapter keep restarting

Ethernet adapter keep restarting: Hey, so, I have this problem, that every once in a while, my ethernet adapter self restarts. It can happen every few minutes, or every few hours, it's not consistent. I had a problem, that after booting the pc, I had to always restart the adapter, to properly connect. This...
  8. Ethernet Adapter Keeps Getting Disabled Automatically Very Frequently

Ethernet Adapter Keeps Getting Disabled Automatically Very Frequently: I am facing this weird problem from past many months where my Ethernet connection is getting disabled by itself automatically and it is happening very frequently. Even after having a high speed 100 Mbps connection it is happening. I researched about this topic in many...
  9. Windows 10 Ethernet adapter keeps "disabling" itself when I startup windows 10

Windows 10 Ethernet adapter keeps "disabling" itself when I startup windows 10: It seems that the ethernet adapter service keeps disabling itself is an issue since 2015 but now it seems Microsoft keeps ignoring this issue. On internet, there is a solution about checked off the option of "allow windows to turn off the Ethernet service to save power". I...
  10. Create task to disable or enable ethernet adapter Windows 10

Create task to disable or enable ethernet adapter Windows 10: I'm trying to create a couple tasks (or one if anyone can tell me how) to disable and re-enable my Ethernet adapter at a scheduled time. The following commands work fine from an elevated command prompt: disable: "netsh interface set interface “Ethernet” DISABLED" enable:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Network adapter disabled itself Windows 10

2. ethernet adapter keeps disabling windows 10

3. my ethernet adapter keeps disabling

4. windows 10 ethernet adaptor keeps disabling