Windows 10: Windows 10. Ethernet connection is lost with computer inactivity. Restarting computer fixes...

Discus and support Windows 10. Ethernet connection is lost with computer inactivity. Restarting computer fixes... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Windows 10. Ethernet connection is lost with computer inactivity. Restarting computer fixes connection. I also get the message: "The default connection... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by LeorAlcalay, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Windows 10. Ethernet connection is lost with computer inactivity. Restarting computer fixes...

Windows 10. Ethernet connection is lost with computer inactivity. Restarting computer fixes connection. I also get the message: "The default connection is not available."

:)

LeorAlcalay, Dec 15, 2018
  2. RevoLand Win User

Windows 10 Ethernet connection randomly disconnects

Hello,

So this issue has been annoying me since i have changed my old i5-4670 with a ryzen.

Ethernet: Realtek 8111H (MSI X370 Gaming Plus)
    Modem/Router: Airties Air 5760

What i have tried so far to fix my issue:
    • Re-installing Windows
    • Updating Ryzen chipset drivers
    • Updating Realtek LAN drivers (both from MSI & Realtek)
    • Updating MSI' LAN releated drivers (MSI Gaming Lan Manager)
    • Replacing ethernet cable
    • Restarting router to factory settings
    Still no luck, keeps happening randomly. Sometimes it is stable for days then it is not stable for 20 mins. Happening when gaming or idle, or while streaming via steam link.
    Windows' own issue fixer thingy fix the issue for the moment, re-plugging the cable, disabling & enabling the ethernet adapter also fixes the issue for the moment.
    Also i am the only one having this issue in the network, TV and phones are still connected to wifi.

It is started to be real annoying, so time to get help to fix the issue from TPU. Thanks in advance! *I Love TPU :lovetpu:

RevoLand, Dec 15, 2018
  3. My reliable ethernet connection no longer works

Hi Marcia,

To better understand the query, please answer the following questions:

• After restarting is your computer in normal mode or not?
    • Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to reset the modem\ router and check if the Ethernet connection works or not.

If still the issue persist then I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article
    “Fix network connection issues” and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Dec 15, 2018
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Windows 10. Ethernet connection is lost with computer inactivity. Restarting computer fixes...

WiFi connection lost on computer

Hello,

This issue may may have occurred due to a network driver error or connection issues. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• What is the current build and version of your Windows 10? To check type in
      winver on the search bar and press Enter.
    • Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the make and model of your network driver?

Meanwhile, kindly check your network driver and see it can be updated. Follow this

link
    for a walkthrough. We also suggest that you perform the steps given on this article to see if there will be any changes on your connection:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Xylee Del, Dec 15, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10. Ethernet connection is lost with computer inactivity. Restarting computer fixes...

1. Windows 10. Ethernet connection is lost with computer inactivity. Restarting computer fixes... - Similar Threads - Ethernet connection lost

2. Computer connecting to an non existing ethernet connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer connecting to an non existing ethernet connection: I've recently having internet problems as my computer is connecting to a connection under the name "ethernet" but it has 0 mb/s in the last 30 days. I've always used a connection under the name "Network 2" and still do but when I notice my internet is down I see that my...
  3. Computer not recognizing ethernet connection after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer not recognizing ethernet connection after restart: Ever since I moved into my current apartment I’ve had various problems w the Ethernet, now I can’t connect to it at all after I restarted my computer. I know my cord works and the internet was working fine, but now my computer won’t recognize that I have an Ethernet cable...
  4. Computer not recognizing ethernet connection after restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer not recognizing ethernet connection after restart: Ever since I moved into my current apartment I’ve had various problems w the Ethernet, now I can’t connect to it at all after I restarted my computer. I know my cord works and the internet was working fine, but now my computer won’t recognize that I have an Ethernet cable...
  5. Computer not recognizing ethernet connection after restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Restarting computer fix

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restarting computer fix: I need to restart my computer before putting in my password. This has only been happening the last 4 weeks. Is there a fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restarting-computer-fix/aee5bc79-bb21-4bba-ade0-42b9b485870b
  7. Can't connect to internet via ethernet after computer restart

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't connect to internet via ethernet after computer restart: Computer is a Cyberpower Tracer III laptop running 64 bit Windows 10 with an Intel Core i7-9750H processor and a Realtek PCI-e GbE family ethernet controller. Every time the computer is restarted, I need to disable then re-enable the wired ethernet adapter before I can...
  8. Lost connection to 1 computer

Lost connection to 1 computer: Hi all I have 2 Computer, both running windows 10. first one just got updated to ver.1809, the second one is still 1803. the one with 1803 can not see the one with 1809. I know there is a setting that need to be changed, but I can not for the life of me remember where it is....
  9. Lost connection to 1 computer

in Windows 10 News
    Lost connection to 1 computer: Hi all I have 2 Computer, both running windows 10. first one just got updated to ver.1809, the second one is still 1803. the one with 1803 can not see the one with 1809. I know there is a setting that need to be changed, but I can not for the life of me remember where it is....
  10. ethernet connections lost

ethernet connections lost: hello, i have been having this problem lately where my ethernet connections dissapears, and my laptop (asus X751LN) switches to a wireless connections. this is happening quite regularally the past weeks. i dont understand what is making my laptop do this, or is it perhaps...