Windows 10: Windows 10 - Ethernet Keeps Dropping and Reconnecting

Discus and support Windows 10 - Ethernet Keeps Dropping and Reconnecting in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all, I have a PC with a Gigabyte AX370-Gaming3 MOBO. About 2.5 weeks ago, the onboard ethernet port quit working after about 2 years of use. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MJME1, Jan 19, 2021.

1. MJME1 Win User

Windows 10 - Ethernet Keeps Dropping and Reconnecting

Hi all,

I have a PC with a Gigabyte AX370-Gaming3 MOBO. About 2.5 weeks ago, the onboard ethernet port quit working after about 2 years of use. It no longer appears in WIN10 as a "Network Connection." Tried all the standard approaches -- updated drivers, deleted the device, it wasn't found, so had to restore to a point when it was still existing -- all without issue.

Got a USB wifi adapter NETGEAR WNA1000M N150 USB Micro and that worked fine for a period of about 5 days. Then, it went on the fritz and kept dropping internet and reconnecting. The router Linksys VELOP is within 3 feet of the computer. None of our other devices phones, tablets, TVs have any difficulty remaining connected.

Got a USB ethernet adapter TP-LINK Gigabit Ethernet USB Adapter and that worked for a couple days. Now, that keeps connecting and dropping the internet.

In Event Viewer UniversalTelemetryClient, I see Event ID 55 repeating over and over, connecting and disconnecting.

Today also my USB keyboard and mouse kept dropping and restarting. I removed the side of the case, blew out some small amount of dust, and reconnected. However, I put the keyboard and mouse in the USB 3.1 sockets and those are now working without issue.

I've done everything I can think of reinstalled drivers, updated router firmware, etc. except for flashing the BIOS. I'm at a loss. Any ideas?

:)

MJME1, Jan 19, 2021

2. Windows 10 Enterprise Ethernet Connection Drops?

I just installed and plugged in a new Windows 10 Enterprise HP box into our network and it is intermittently dropping and reconnecting the Ethernet connection. It is not reliable.

Suggestions?

hector santos, Jan 19, 2021
  3. usb keeps disconnecting and reconnecting windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• What is the make model of your system?
    I suggest you to Change the USB power management settings and check.

• Open Device Manager.

• Double-click the type USB to change power management settings.

• Right-click the specific device you want, and then click
      Properties.

• On the Power Management tab, change the power management settings.

I would also suggest you to refer to the suggestion by
    Ashish Sondhi from the following link and check if it helps.

USB devices keeps disconnecting/ reconnecting automatically

Also refer:

• What if a wired device isn't installed properly?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/what-device-isnt-installed-properly

(Note: steps in the above article applies to Windows 10 as well)

Let us know if you have any further query on Windows, we are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Jan 19, 2021
  4. Windows 10 - Ethernet Keeps Dropping and Reconnecting

OpenVPN connection causes Wifi/ethernet to drop

The problem appears to be the TAP (interpreted by my computer as an ethernet connection) stealing the connection away from my Wifi or ethernet internet connection. Then my wifi/ethernet keep reconnecting/disconnecting, but never establishing an internet
    connection more than a few seconds.

The real problem is that I have no idea how to override this change in priority to maintain my Wifi connection after connecting to VPN.

Suggestions would be much appreciated!

I have a Lenovo Y580, running Windows 10.

RobertPatrickRoss, Jan 19, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 - Ethernet Keeps Dropping and Reconnecting

1. Windows 10 - Ethernet Keeps Dropping and Reconnecting - Similar Threads - Ethernet Keeps Dropping

2. Ethernet keeps disconnecting and reconnecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet keeps disconnecting and reconnecting: Hi. My ethernet connection keeps disconnecting and reconnecting and i can't get a stable connection. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-keeps-disconnecting-and-reconnecting/31ad416c-ff9a-427d-84b4-1ce4252514a5
  3. Ethernet keeps disconnecting and reconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet keeps disconnecting and reconnecting: Hi. My ethernet connection keeps disconnecting and reconnecting and i can't get a stable connection. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-keeps-disconnecting-and-reconnecting/31ad416c-ff9a-427d-84b4-1ce4252514a5
  4. Windows 10 Ethernet keeps disconnecting and reconnecting.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Ethernet keeps disconnecting and reconnecting.: Hello,I've been attempting to fix my issue unsuccessfully. I disabled power saver mode in the device manager, I've reset my network multiple times, it has no effect. It's disconnecting and reconnecting randomly still. I've downloaded all updates, and optional updates, with...
  5. Ethernet disconnecting / reconnecting Windows 10

Ethernet disconnecting / reconnecting Windows 10: This is intermittent problem, so has been aggravating to say the least. What I have tried. Uninstalling/Reinstalling Network Adapter Driver Removing Network Adapter Driver restarting Updating Network Adapter Driver restarting Turning off /unchecking Power Management on...
  6. Ethernet Connetion to my Desktop keeps dropping and reconnecting as of sometime this morning

Ethernet Connetion to my Desktop keeps dropping and reconnecting as of sometime this morning: For some reason, my Ethernet connection from our modem to my desktop has been constantly disconnecting every minute or so since sometime this morning. It was stable before today, but it started acting up and I've been searching for all kinds of things to try and fix it, but...
  7. Windows 10 Wired Ethernet Connect Drops Occassionally and Reconnects

Windows 10 Wired Ethernet Connect Drops Occassionally and Reconnects: This has been going on for a while now. And I want to preface this with I am pretty positive it's nothing to do with my ISP because I have an aftermarket wireless card that works just fine although when gaming on wireless I do get packet loss which from my reading is normal....
  8. Ethernet in Windows 10 keeps disconnecting and reconnecting

Ethernet in Windows 10 keeps disconnecting and reconnecting: Hello, I have an Ethernet connection to my Desktop as the wireless connection is not available for it, but now it stops working and when I troubleshoot the error, it says that the default gateway is not available and it get solved; but after a few minutes the same problem...
  9. wifi keeps dropping/disconnecting and reconnecting randomly

wifi keeps dropping/disconnecting and reconnecting randomly: the Wifi on my laptop keeps dropping to just one bar and i can't connect to the internet, and then return to normal after a few seconds. sometimes after dropping to one bar the wifi disconnected or it says "no internet access", and then reconnects itself again (but sometimes...
  10. Ethernet keeps dropping internet connection

Ethernet keeps dropping internet connection: This has been driving me nuts for months, please help! I am running Windows 10 Pro (64 bit), up to date, I have a Dell and their software is keeping all drivers up to date too. I'm trying to use ethernet rather than WiFi for gigabit speeds across my network, however, the...