Windows 10: Windows 10 EULA

Discus and support Windows 10 EULA in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My present computer which has Windows 10 purchased from the Windows shop. I want to replace my motherboard and i5 processor for a faster i7. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by WalterW, Sep 11, 2017.

1. WalterW Win User

Windows 10 EULA

My present computer which has Windows 10 purchased from the Windows shop.

I want to replace my motherboard and i5 processor for a faster i7.

My question is can I install the Windows 10 that I had onm my i5 computer or will I need to purchase a new Windows 10 to remain legal?

Walter

:)

WalterW, Sep 11, 2017
  2. Martmcd Win User

Windows 7 retail pack upgrades to Windows 10

We need to read the Windows 10 EULA can know that for certain.

the Windows 10 EULA will not be available until launch.

Martmcd, Sep 11, 2017
  3. EULA windows 10

I'm afraid there is not much that can be done. You can upgrade to Windows 10 Pro $99 and that will let you block updates and feature updates for up to a year.

Andre Da Costa, Sep 11, 2017
  4. cereberus Win User

Windows 10 EULA

Legally you need a new licence, as original licence was oem.

However, Windows 10 from 1607 onwards do now have a facility to link the digital licence to MS account if you are logging in with an MS account. This was introduced to enable reactivation in event of failure to do so after a hardware change.

This permits digital licences to be transferred from one device to another a limited number of times, even if original was oem.

This facility was introduced after the EULA was written, and it has not been updated, MS certainly did not specify any specific restrictions when they brought out the transfer facility.

So in the end, it is really a matter of your personal moral conscience. I neither encourage or discourage you as to what to do.

cereberus, Sep 11, 2017
  5. WalterW Win User
    Thank you for your advice, I think I would rather purchase a new copy so I am sure I am legal.

Walter

WalterW, Sep 11, 2017
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    How do you know he purchased an OEM Windows? Windows purchased from Microsoft via the Store App in Windows 10 would not be OEM, it would be retail.

@WalterW,

If you purchased your Windows 10 directly from Microsoft, then I would suggest that you use the method Microsoft has provided for transferring the license to the new computer:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/20530

NavyLCDR, Sep 11, 2017
  7. cereberus Win User
    Yeah - I think I misinterpreted first sentence - he use Shop rather then Store.

In which case, it is fully transferable. I hope he is still reading messages . I will PM him to get an alert.

cereberus, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 EULA

1. Windows 10 EULA - Similar Threads - EULA

2. Where can I view a copy of Windows 11 22H2 EULA

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where can I view a copy of Windows 11 22H2 EULA: I don't have this version of Windows 11 installed.Just want to view a copy of the EULA in text format if possible. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-can-i-view-a-copy-of-windows-11-22h2-eula/e8719faa-24c2-4a8b-ace6-576da5536cc1
  3. Where can I view a copy of Windows 11 22H2 EULA

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where can I view a copy of Windows 11 22H2 EULA: I don't have this version of Windows 11 installed.Just want to view a copy of the EULA in text format if possible. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-can-i-view-a-copy-of-windows-11-22h2-eula/e8719faa-24c2-4a8b-ace6-576da5536cc1
  4. I have 23 word documents titled "eula" in my files. I did not write any of these documents....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have 23 word documents titled "eula" in my files. I did not write any of these documents....: I have twenty three word documents that were made in 2014 titled "eula", and I did not write them. I didn't even get this computer until 2023....
  5. I have 23 word documents titled "eula" in my files. I did not write any of these documents....

I have 23 word documents titled "eula" in my files. I did not write any of these documents....: I have twenty three word documents that were made in 2014 titled "eula", and I did not write them. I didn't even get this computer until 2023....
  6. Windows 10 will not show or allow me to accept EULA for downloadable content.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 will not show or allow me to accept EULA for downloadable content.: Windows 10 will not show or allow me to accept EULA for downloadable content. I have seen online that this can ocure on Windows 11 and there is a fix, is this the same on Windows 10? I have Tried turning off antivirus, I have updated windows to the latest iteration, I have...
  7. Windows 10 will not show or allow me to accept EULA for downloadable content.

Windows 10 will not show or allow me to accept EULA for downloadable content.: Windows 10 will not show or allow me to accept EULA for downloadable content. I have seen online that this can ocure on Windows 11 and there is a fix, is this the same on Windows 10? I have Tried turning off antivirus, I have updated windows to the latest iteration, I have...
  8. Windows 10 will not show or allow me to accept EULA for downloadable content.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. i am looking for the EULA related to Blueprint UML Editor software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i am looking for the EULA related to Blueprint UML Editor software: i am looking for the EULA related to Blueprint UML Editor software https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-looking-for-the-eula-related-to-blueprint-uml/49eba092-a00b-4bd6-8b25-d5f61209b3ce
  10. i am looking for the EULA related to Blueprint UML Editor software

i am looking for the EULA related to Blueprint UML Editor software: i am looking for the EULA related to Blueprint UML Editor software https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-looking-for-the-eula-related-to-blueprint-uml/49eba092-a00b-4bd6-8b25-d5f61209b3ce