Windows 10: Windows 10 - Event 41 and 6008

Discus and support Windows 10 - Event 41 and 6008 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Computer reboots unexpectedly, errors are logged in the Event log (Event Viewer). Nothing in these errors indicates what caused it. 1. All drivers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by randomname00, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Windows 10 - Event 41 and 6008

Computer reboots unexpectedly, errors are logged in the Event log (Event Viewer). Nothing in these errors indicates what caused it.

1. All drivers are up to date. No errors in Device Manager

2. BIOS is on the latest version

3. Fast startup is turned off (made no difference)

4. Changed power plan (no difference)

5. sfc /scannow shows no errors

6. Windows updates are applied automatically

7. CPU temp around 37C, GPU between 31C and 45C.

Agent remote connected to my machine yesterday. I asked for help in finding a root cause of the unexpected errors. He did a sfc /scannow (even though I had a window already open with results). Then he plinked away doing stuff, not sure what all was done but suddenly there was a dialogue box saying Windows is rebooting automatically after some change was done. I DO NOT KNOW what the change was, it happened too fast.

I contacted support again today to find out what the agent did. They do not know. I asked about the errors, they gave me links to Microsoft which I already read (I spent hours searching for an answer prior to contacting support).

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb...edly-logged-to-the-system-event-log-after-you

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...t-id6008/0790ff7c-76cd-4bfe-8202-a3d0c08c49ea

Problem: how do I fix these errors with unexpected rebooting? How do you determine what is causing the problem?

There aren't any memory dumps being generated. Thermals aren't a problem. GPU runs around 31C, CPU is around 37C.

Windows 10 - Event 41 and 6008 7e0a2c67-9c86-4534-8db4-4056cd8564dd?upload=true.png

Windows 10 - Event 41 and 6008 42d4d79c-831d-492a-a0ae-0f85c4889f78?upload=true.png

:)

randomname00, Sep 6, 2019

2. event 41

Hello,

The kernel power event ID 41 error occurs when the computer is shut down, or it restarts unexpectedly. Having said that, we highly suggest performing the troubleshooting steps in this article:

Windows Kernel event ID 41 error "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first" in Windows

If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to share them with us here. Your input is very much welcome in our Community.

Michelle Vil, Sep 6, 2019
  3. Event ID 6008, Windows 10 1809

Thanks for your reply Leocadia - I understand your suggestions thank you.

The point I was trying to make is our Win 10 Pro v1803 computers, log Event ID 6008 when an unexpected crash happens. However we have Win 10 pro v1809 machines that crashed when the power failed and did not record an Event ID 6008 so I was not able to tell
    when the power actually failed, only when they were rebooted. - so my question is :- is this a bug in the 1809 release or by Microsoft design and has anybosy else experienced this situation ??

thanks Bob, IT Manager, Henry Riley LLP.

BobBarkell, Sep 6, 2019
  4. Windows 10 - Event 41 and 6008

Kernel-Power event id 41. BugcheckCode 0

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In-order to get more clarity on this issue and to assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, reply with answers to the below questions:

1. Are you aware of any changes made on your PC, prior to this issue?
    2. Is this issue specific while playing a particular game?
    3. Which edition of Windows are you currently using?

A Kernel Power Event 41 can occur in the following scenarios.

Scenario 1: The computer restarts, and there is a Stop error BugcheckCode in the event data.

Scenario 2: The computer is shut down by pressing and holding the power button.

Scenario 3: The system randomly restarts and no Stop error BugcheckCode is listed, or the computer is completely unresponsive (hard hang).

I suggest you refer the article on Kernel
    Power Event ID 41
    and follow the steps for the scenario that is causing this error on your PC.

Additionally, you can refer the article on Windows
    Kernel event ID 41 error "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first" in Windows

and check if that helps.

Regards,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Sep 6, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 - Event 41 and 6008

1. Windows 10 - Event 41 and 6008 - Similar Threads - Event 6008

2. Random PC Freezes, EventLog 6008, Kernel-Power Event ID 41, WHEA-Logger event ID 1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random PC Freezes, EventLog 6008, Kernel-Power Event ID 41, WHEA-Logger event ID 1: Good time of the day Experts.We are at the wits end figuring cause of spontaneous freezes and crashes of the PC. Sometimes when playing video games, sometimes even when logging into windows. Tried, what seems like everything: Updating video drivers, Updating bios,...
  3. Random PC Freezes, EventLog 6008, Kernel-Power Event ID 41, WHEA-Logger event ID 1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random PC Freezes, EventLog 6008, Kernel-Power Event ID 41, WHEA-Logger event ID 1: Good time of the day Experts.We are at the wits end figuring cause of spontaneous freezes and crashes of the PC. Sometimes when playing video games, sometimes even when logging into windows. Tried, what seems like everything: Updating video drivers, Updating bios,...
  4. Random PC Freezes, EventLog 6008, Kernel-Power Event ID 41, WHEA-Logger event ID 1

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Event 6008 The previous system shutdown was unexpected for ASUS TUF A17

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event 6008 The previous system shutdown was unexpected for ASUS TUF A17: Asus A17 TUF706IU-AS76 AMD Ryzen 7 4800H, 32GB RAM, 1TB NVMe SSD, GTX1660Ti 6GBI usually connect my laptop with two monitors one via HDMI and the other via the typeC port and always plug with power. My HDMI screen main screen is having all kinds of trouble when it is spare...
  6. Event 6008 The previous system shutdown was unexpected for ASUS TUF A17

Event 6008 The previous system shutdown was unexpected for ASUS TUF A17: Asus A17 TUF706IU-AS76 AMD Ryzen 7 4800H, 32GB RAM, 1TB NVMe SSD, GTX1660Ti 6GBI usually connect my laptop with two monitors one via HDMI and the other via the typeC port and always plug with power. My HDMI screen main screen is having all kinds of trouble when it is spare...
  7. event veiwer 6008

in Windows 10 Gaming
    event veiwer 6008: why my computer shut down unexpected?- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="EventLog" /> <EventID Qualifiers="32768">6008</EventID> <Version>0</Version> <Level>2</Level> <Task>0</Task> <Opcode>0</Opcode>...
  8. event veiwer 6008

event veiwer 6008: why my computer shut down unexpected?- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="EventLog" /> <EventID Qualifiers="32768">6008</EventID> <Version>0</Version> <Level>2</Level> <Task>0</Task> <Opcode>0</Opcode>...
  9. Random Crashes Event 6008, 41, and

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Crashes Event 6008, 41, and: I got my laptop over a year ago and it has been having random crashes for a while. I have never been able to diagnose the problem as it happens randomly maybe once a week but almost 10 times a day when it is unplugged from my normal setup. My normal setup includes a monitor,...
  10. Random Crashes Event 6008, 41, and

Random Crashes Event 6008, 41, and: I got my laptop over a year ago and it has been having random crashes for a while. I have never been able to diagnose the problem as it happens randomly maybe once a week but almost 10 times a day when it is unplugged from my normal setup. My normal setup includes a monitor,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 event 6008

2. event id 6008 windows 10

3. event 6008 windows 10

4. pc restart critical 41 and error 6008,
  5. Event ID 6008 is unexpectedly logged to the System event log after you shut down and restart your computer,
  6. Cloud Files Diagnostic Event Listener failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000022,
  7. eventid: 41 windows 10 1903