Windows 10: Windows 10 Event 455 and Gaming issues

Discus and support Windows 10 Event 455 and Gaming issues in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm pulling my hair out over this issue. I've scoured the internet for a solution to no avail. The issue: It started last few days, I'll open up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Kapuccino, May 24, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Event 455 and Gaming issues

I'm pulling my hair out over this issue. I've scoured the internet for a solution to no avail.

The issue:

It started last few days, I'll open up Assassins creed and suddenly my xbox controller stops working and I have to click with the mouse to get it to work again. This persists every 5-10 mins until i rage quit the game.

Then I discovered this same issue happening when I am using my browser to type or use the keyboard for the game, it stops giving input. The keyboard and mouse lights never flash on or off, and neither does the controller light. I've checked the drivers and made sure power saving mode isnt on for the USB connections.

What I've done:

Amongst my searching I was told to view the event manager, so I did. The only error I can find is error 455, the ESENT error. But as far as I can tell this doesnt alt-tab games or disconnect peripherals.

To be honest I can't tell if its changing focus or not, considering I have Focus turned off.

Any and all advice would be extremely helpful to me.

submitted by /u/Kapuccino
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Kapuccino, May 24, 2020

2. Event ID 455

Hi NancyK1104,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are getting an event ID 455 with Error -1023 (0xfffffc01). We would like to know the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
    winver in Windows search/Run command) Also if you can let us know what are the troubleshooting steps performed on the PC.

Meanwhile, we would like you to perform these methods and check.

Method 1:

1. Press Windows + R key and launch
      Run
      command.
    2. Copy and paste this path: C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\
    3. Click on Ok and then create a folder and name it
      TileDataLayer.
    4. Open it then create another folder and name it
      Database
    5. Restart the PC and check.

Method 2:

1. Click on Start Menu and type CMD, right click on
      CMD icon and select Run as administrator.
    2. In the Command Prompt window type the following command and press
      Enter after each command
    • cd config\systemprofile\AppData\Local
    • mkdir TileDataLayer
    • cd TileDataLayer
    • mkdir Database
    3. Restart the PC and check

Method 3:

We would also suggest you to create a local user account with Administrator privilege on the PC and check if you are able to access the TileDataLayer folder. Refer this article to
    Create a local user or administrator account in
    Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, May 24, 2020
  3. Issues with games after Anniversary update

Hello Bart,

We regret the inconvenience. Let me assist you.

Before we proceed any further, let us know a few more details on the below questions.

• What is the make and model of the PC you are using?
    • Are you referring to any particular game in this case?

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to check the events that might have triggered the issue.

To view activities in Windows, I suggest you to open the Event Viewer. To do so, follow the below steps.

• Go to the Control Panel and choose to click on the
      Administrative Tools icon.
    • The above action will open up a new window of the Administrative Tools where you will see the
      Event Viewer.

Let us know the updates and we would be happy to help you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, May 24, 2020
  4. bo elam Win User

Windows 10 Event 455 and Gaming issues

Event ID 455, since upgrading to v1903 18362.116

Just one *Smile.

During the first 3 days I had version 1903, I didnt get this Error 455. But this morning, I noticed that immediately after deleting/cleaning up the Windows.old folder, Error 455 started getting logged in Windows Event Log. You probably deleted Windows.old soon after installing 1903, so it didn't click that deleting the folder caused the issue. I thought you ll like to know this, that's why I am telling you.

End result: The fix posted by kevtech.worked for me also.

Bo

bo elam, May 24, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Event 455 and Gaming issues

1. Windows 10 Event 455 and Gaming issues - Similar Threads - Event 455 Gaming

2. Having issues installing Windows 10 on my HP Probook 455 G4

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Having issues installing Windows 10 on my HP Probook 455 G4: Hi there!I'm having some issues with installing Windows 10 on my Probook 455 G4. I bought it off a friend recently who originally got it from his College, and - ofc, with my luck - has a BIOS Administrator Password on it.The issue doesn't really start with that, more the fact...
  3. How to fix Event ID 455 ESENT error on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to fix Event ID 455 ESENT error on Windows 10: [ATTACH]ESENT is a built-in database search engine on your PC which helps File Explorer, Windows Search to search for parameters throughout your Windows 10 computer. […] This article How to fix Event ID 455 ESENT error on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com....
  4. Event 455, ESENT

Event 455, ESENT: Log Name: Application Source: ESENT Date: 6/19/2020 3:08:43 PM Event ID: 455 Task Category: Logging/Recovery Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-B5BUGTG Description: svchost 9480,R,98...
  5. Event ID 455

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event ID 455: What should I do? Log Name: ApplicationSource: ESENTDate: 4/27/2020 3:44:44 PMEvent ID: 455Task Category: Logging/RecoveryLevel: ErrorKeywords: ClassicUser: N/AComputer: SAM-NB1Description:svchost (10040,R,98) TILEREPOSITORYS-1-5-18: Error -1023 (0xfffffc01) occurred while...
  6. Event ID 455 and 490

in Windows 10 Support
    Event ID 455 and 490: So a few weeks ago I had to do a repair install of my Windows 1809 due to some complications but now I notice I get these errors upon boot/reboot. Anyway to fix it? svchost (228,R,98) Error -1032 (0xfffffbf8) occurred while opening logfile...
  7. Event ID 455

Event ID 455: I get the following svchost 4036,R,98 TILEREPOSITORYS-1-5-18: Error -1023 0xfffffc01 occurred while opening logfile C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\TileDataLayer\Database\EDB.log. I tried to following the fix action I found in the knowledge base,...
  8. Event Viewer Erro 'ESENT-455' since Update 1903

Event Viewer Erro 'ESENT-455' since Update 1903: I am getting Event Error 'ESENT-455' multiple times since updating to Version 1903-Build18362.175. Description: (copied from event error log) "svchost (15692,R,98) TILEREPOSITORYS-1-5-18: Error -1023 (0xfffffc01) occurred while opening logfile...
  9. Event ID 455?

Event ID 455?: Since 1903 I keep seeing alot of these pop up the source is ESENT and it shows svchost (7700,R,98) TILEREPOSITORYS-1-5-18: Error -1023 (0xfffffc01) occurred while opening logfile C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\TileDataLayer\Database\EDB.log. The...
  10. Event ID 455, since upgrading to v1903 18362.116

Event ID 455, since upgrading to v1903 18362.116: I upgraded Windows 10 to the newly released v1903 Build 18362.116 on 23/05/2019 01:30 Within the next 24 hours, 32 events with Event ID 455, from the Source ESENT, were recorded in the Application log, with the message:svchost (xxxxx,R,xx) TILEREPOSITORYS-1-5-18: Error -1023...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft windows 10 event 455