Windows 10: Windows 10 Event Viewer App Does Not Appear / Microsoft Management Console 30% CPU Load

Discus and support Windows 10 Event Viewer App Does Not Appear / Microsoft Management Console 30% CPU Load in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; In the past week or so I've noticed that some programs e.g. Keepass, Greenshot, Handbrake, SkyDemon, SketchBook, PowerShell have stopped launching.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KierDMB, May 4, 2021.

1. KierDMB Win User

Windows 10 Event Viewer App Does Not Appear / Microsoft Management Console 30% CPU Load

In the past week or so I've noticed that some programs e.g. Keepass, Greenshot, Handbrake, SkyDemon, SketchBook, PowerShell have stopped launching. They all have very similar symptoms in that they don't appear but consume 30% CPU load according to Task Manager.To analyse the problem I attempted to use Event Viewer and WinDBG Preview but these Microsoft apps don't launch either. To limit the scope of this post, let's stick with Event Viewer first.I launch Event Viewer by typing the following in search....apps: event viewer....which is a shortcut to....%windir%\system32\eventvwr.msc /sWhen e

:)

KierDMB, May 4, 2021
  2. Steve C Win User

Event Viewer Loading Error

I just tried using Event Viewer from my admin account after upgrading to v 1903. Event Viewer loads and lists the errors OK but clicking on any error entry results in the error messages shown below. Has anyone else had this problem and have a solution? The exception error says "The process cannot access the file 'C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Event Viewer\Views\View_0.xml' because it is being used by another process."

Windows 10 Event Viewer App Does Not Appear / Microsoft Management Console 30% CPU Load [​IMG]

Windows 10 Event Viewer App Does Not Appear / Microsoft Management Console 30% CPU Load [​IMG]

Update: I found a temporary fix by Googling. This appears to be a bug which was fixed for me by renaming or deleting the file view 0.xml as shown below:

Steve C, May 4, 2021
  3. Event Viewer Error.

Hi Janeane,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm sorry to report that restarting the Software Protection service did not resolve the problem.

Looking at:

Event Viewer > Windows Logs > Application

The error still appears at least every 30 seconds.

Looking at:

Computer Management > Task Scheduler > Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Windows > SoftwareProtectionPlatform

The page contains no folders or content.

Kind Regards,

JustAStrangeGeek, May 4, 2021
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Windows 10 Event Viewer App Does Not Appear / Microsoft Management Console 30% CPU Load

Error in Event Viewer

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

As you have mentioned, you have performed a repair installation on the computer and you see Event 508, 510 and 533 in Event Viewer.

I would like to inform that if you see any critical error in Event Viewer, please share the event logs with us to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps. Please follow the steps mentioned below to share the event logs:

1. Press Windows + X from the keyboard, select
      Event Viewer.
    2. Expand Windows Logs from the left pane and select
      Applications.
    3. Click Filter Current Log from extreme right pane. Then in the new windows check the box beside
      Error and click OK.
    4. Now, look for a critical Error in the list and note down the message/information from the
      General Tab in the lower section.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Event Viewer App Does Not Appear / Microsoft Management Console 30% CPU Load - Similar Threads - Event Viewer App

2. Microsoft Roblox App crash - Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Roblox App crash - Event Viewer: Games constantly crashing. Roblox Microsoft App. Heres the event log. Whats going on?? My last post has been ignored. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_11-gaming/microsoft-roblox-app-freezing-windows-11-ms/df756857-8d2f-4dc3-bdaf-59366b2e8bf9...
  3. Microsoft Roblox App crash - Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Roblox App crash - Event Viewer: Games constantly crashing. Roblox Microsoft App. Heres the event log. Whats going on?? My last post has been ignored. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_11-gaming/microsoft-roblox-app-freezing-windows-11-ms/df756857-8d2f-4dc3-bdaf-59366b2e8bf9...
  4. Microsoft management console suddenly appearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft management console suddenly appearing: I accessed 'device manager' in the control panel several times in the last few days, without a problem. Now this evening when I attempt to access it, the Microsoft Management Console pops up. I can still access the device manager but I'm suddenly forced to do so through the...
  5. Microsoft management console suddenly appearing

Microsoft management console suddenly appearing: I accessed 'device manager' in the control panel several times in the last few days, without a problem. Now this evening when I attempt to access it, the Microsoft Management Console pops up. I can still access the device manager but I'm suddenly forced to do so through the...
  6. Microsoft management console suddenly appearing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Sessions in Microsoft Management Console

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sessions in Microsoft Management Console: Hi, May I know the architecture of where the sessions opened for CIFS shares are stored? Does it use a Microsoft Database? Is there any article supporting this?...
  8. Event Viewer Loading Error

in Windows 10 Support
    Event Viewer Loading Error: I just tried using Event Viewer from my admin account after upgrading to v 1903. Event Viewer loads and lists the errors OK but clicking on any error entry results in the error messages shown below. Has anyone else had this problem and have a solution? The exception error...
  9. Cannot load Management Console in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Cannot load Management Console in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Trusted Platform Module or TPM is a specialized chip used for security, and encryption of user private data such as Fingerprint, Facial data and so on. It also comes with a Management Console, and if you cannot load the Management Console, [...] This post...
  10. Windows 10 - some apps, event viewer and task manager - not responding

Windows 10 - some apps, event viewer and task manager - not responding: Hi. I have an Windows 10 Pro. I want to know what caused this. Task manager and event viewer was not responding and some of the applications stop responding. I was clicking and nothing happening. It was related to hardware or software? Disk was formatted due to MBR...