Windows 10: Windows 10 - Every icon on desktop reset to upper left hand corner when change personalize...

Discus and support Windows 10 - Every icon on desktop reset to upper left hand corner when change personalize... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; All my meticulously arranged icons reset to the upper left corner of the screen at various times. Randomly on restart maybe one out of 6 times and I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by WayneGreene1, Jun 19, 2021.

1. Windows 10 - Every icon on desktop reset to upper left hand corner when change personalize...

All my meticulously arranged icons reset to the upper left corner of the screen at various times. Randomly on restart maybe one out of 6 times and I've also found I can reproduce the error every time by going into "personalize"->"themes"->"desktop icon settings" and unchecking a desktop icon box, like "network", and clicking apply, will reset them to the upper left corner every time, instantly.There was an old thread about this from 2017, and one of the solutions was to:Click Start, type scaling and select Change the size of apps on the screen under Best m

:)

WayneGreene1, Jun 19, 2021
  2. krekk Win User

Windows 10 - Every icon on desktop reset to upper left hand corner when change personalize setting

All my meticulously arranged icons reset to the upper left corner of the screen at various times. Randomly on restart (maybe one out of 6 times) and I've also found I can reproduce the error every time by going into "personalize"->"themes"->"desktop icon
    settings" and unchecking a desktop icon box, like "network", and clicking apply, will reset them to the upper left corner every time, instantly.

I suspect it has something to do with the second monitor I started using recently, as I never had this issue before that.

Please help!

krekk, Jun 19, 2021
  3. Windows 10 - Every icon on desktop reset to upper left hand corner when change personalize setting

Hi,

Failure to keep the icons on your preferred arrangements can be related to how the
    Auto arrange icons option is setup. To isolate you concern, we suggest that you confirm that this option is not checked on your settings. To do this, here are the steps:

• Right-click on a blank space on your desktop.
    • Hover your cursor to the View option.
    • From the list of options, click the following options deselect them:
      • Auto arrange icons.
      • Align icons to the grid.

Windows 10 - Every icon on desktop reset to upper left hand corner when change personalize... b2a0582f-7eb1-4bf2-bf11-cc5cbb38e234.png

Once you're done, replicate the concern and check if the issue persists.

We'll appreciate if you can send us and update.

Darwin Dim, Jun 19, 2021
  4. IO_IO_IO Win User

Windows 10 - Every icon on desktop reset to upper left hand corner when change personalize...

Unknown icon in upper left corner of desktop

Recently an unknown icon ha appeared in the upper left corner of my desktop. It overlaps whatever icon is in the corner. I've never seen it before.

Windows 10 - Every icon on desktop reset to upper left hand corner when change personalize... d23ed24e-93eb-46d1-96e8-c6a180019f5b.png

IO_IO_IO, Jun 19, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 - Every icon on desktop reset to upper left hand corner when change personalize...

1. Windows 10 - Every icon on desktop reset to upper left hand corner when change personalize... - Similar Threads - Every icon desktop

2. UPPER LEFT CORNER FLOATING WINDOW

in Windows 10 Customization
    UPPER LEFT CORNER FLOATING WINDOW: How do you remove this thing showing on the upper left of my screen, I dont have any third party apps installed, no Rainmeter or whatnots. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upper-left-corner-floating-window/c031330f-533b-4473-9577-b25ceca7a946
  3. Extreme upper left corner of monitor

Extreme upper left corner of monitor: At the extreme upper left corner of the screen, there is a tiny white dot. When I put the mouse cursor on it, I get one of those spinning blue "waiting" circles... well, actually only a quarter of one of those as if the top and entire left part of the circle is outside the...
  4. White box in upper left hand corner of desktop.

White box in upper left hand corner of desktop.: Hi, I recently purchased a new Dell laptop for my kid and put some Microsoft Family time limits on it. My son has kept on coming to me and showing me a white bar at the top left corner of the desktop. The bar will hide all of the apps until clicked on twice. One clicked on,...
  5. HELP icon at upper left corner of screen.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HELP icon at upper left corner of screen.: This morning I turned on the Windows 10 computer, version 1909, and found that the list of commands that spring down from the FILE command in the upper left corner of the screen were completely different from the night before. There are fewer commands and PRINT is not one of...
  6. Excel desktop icon with white X in left hand corner

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Excel desktop icon with white X in left hand corner: Hi there, I have an Excel file on my desktop which now has a white X in the left hand corner. Can't open it either - any help out there? Thanks in advance....
  7. Mouse pointer jumps to upper left hand corner of Surface Pro 4 screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse pointer jumps to upper left hand corner of Surface Pro 4 screen: Back in June my mouse pointer suddenly began jumping to the upper left hand corner of my Surface Pro 4 screen and flashing there in a touch bubble. I sometimes had some control over the mouse so I could move it and click on icons while the pointer was still flashing in the...
  8. Cursor jumps to upper right hand corner

Cursor jumps to upper right hand corner: I have a Toshiba laptop and use external, wireless keyboard and mouse with larger monitor. Occasionally, the cursor jumps to the upper right hand corner and I'm stuck; it easily corrects by opening and closing the laptop lid -albeit a minor burr but a burr. I've recently...
  9. Realtek audio automatically goes to 0 and there is a slider in the upper left hand corner...

Realtek audio automatically goes to 0 and there is a slider in the upper left hand corner...: My audio sound suddenly stopped working. I have a volume slider that suddenly appeared in the upper left corner of the screen that will no close. Any attempt to increase the sound immediately resets to 0. It does it so quickly that if I tried to manually tried to keep the...
  10. Rectangular Box in Upper Left Corner

in Windows 10 Support
    Rectangular Box in Upper Left Corner: I believe I accidentally generated this rectangular (not square) box while I was learning about the Magnifier. This rectangular (7.5 cm X 4.3 cm) box causes whatever is located underneath it to be slightly whiter than it normally would be. Everything functions properly while...