Windows 10: Windows 10- everything has gone wrong

Discus and support Windows 10- everything has gone wrong in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So this is a brief disaster documentation. Went away on friday but left my PC to ‘update and shut down’ to what i presume was the latest windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by The nicktionary, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Windows 10- everything has gone wrong

So this is a brief disaster documentation.

Went away on friday but left my PC to ‘update and shut down’ to what i presume was the latest windows 10 update.

Came back home this monday afternoon, came across Problem 1 -

when I went to play my game (LoTR Bfme2 if its relevant) it said no disc; tried and repeated, same problem. Device managment listed a code 52 next to the CD/DVD drive. Clicked uninstall and restart, came back but was still there.

Since the only thing that has changed was the update I assumed that was the cause so in settings selected return to the previous version of windows (or to that effect).

Problem 2-and a much worse one

After a few minutes it presented the message “Computer cannot restart, See: CRITICAL SYSTEM FAILURE” (if i remember correctly).

Afterwards there was some sort of windows screen on startuo for troubleshooting etc. however now my PC has simply stopped sending any signal to my monitor (or any other monitors) so i cant even find my specific windows version rendering everything F*****.

Also I kept trying to explain to support what was happening but they repeated the same stuff of find it (I CANT) and call back.

someone plz help a v stressed student

:)

The nicktionary, Sep 17, 2018

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Sep 17, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 17, 2018
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10- everything has gone wrong

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Sep 17, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10- everything has gone wrong

1. Windows 10- everything has gone wrong - Similar Threads - everything has gone

2. Windows update says: something has gone wrong

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update says: something has gone wrong: Hey fellow people, when i woke up this morning and went to my windows update on my pc it says that something has gone wrong, try opening settings later.I opened trouble shooter for windows update and it also said this: "Some security settings are missing or have been changed"...
  3. Windows update says: something has gone wrong

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update says: something has gone wrong: Hey fellow people, when i woke up this morning and went to my windows update on my pc it says that something has gone wrong, try opening settings later.I opened trouble shooter for windows update and it also said this: "Some security settings are missing or have been changed"...
  4. Everything is gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Everything is gone: Hey, today I started my PC and now everything is gone.I still have all my files and programs but my desktop is gone and my documents etc. as if it made new userand deleted old one. How can I revert this?...
  5. Everything is gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Everything is gone: Hey, today I started my PC and now everything is gone.I still have all my files and programs but my desktop is gone and my documents etc. as if it made new userand deleted old one. How can I revert this?...
  6. Everything is gone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Everything is gone: I think I accidentally ended ‘explorer’ in task manager - all my programs exited. I restarted and then everything was missing - all my files gone, programs logged out like they’ve been newly installed, background has changed, etcTo try and fix I started up explorer again and...
  7. Everything has gone super slow..

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Everything has gone super slow..: I have no idea why. Tabs on the internet take forever to load on every browser with constant format errors. As in you get that raw text and no graphics. Any program takes forever to respond and load. When they're open they go un responsive on and off. And when i play games...
  8. Clean install has gone wrong

Clean install has gone wrong: My laptop had these specs Processor Intel i5-5200 CPU @2.20 GHz, Ram 8.0 GB Local Disk 464 GB 78 GG free Windows 10 - not sure of the exact version It was slow so I paid someone to replace the disk with a 1TB SSD one. No good. So I did a clean install and it didn't work. Now...
  9. Clean install has gone wrong

in Windows 10 Support
    Clean install has gone wrong: My laptop had these specs Processor Intel i5-5200 CPU @2.20 GHz, Ram 8.0 GB Local Disk 464 GB 78 GG free Windows 10 - not sure of the exact version It was slow so I paid someone to replace the disk with a 1TB SSD one. No good. So I did a clean install and it didn't work. Now...
  10. EVERYTHING GONE WRONG!!!!

EVERYTHING GONE WRONG!!!!: When i started using Windows 10, i felt really excited! Well, a few days later, it already showed me that storage was almost full, even though i started using it. Surprisingly, the WHOLE system tooked up Half of my storage! And now i tried everything to have enough storage...