Windows 10: Windows 10, everytime I reboot, it tries to get me to setup a Microsoft account. How do i...

Discus and support Windows 10, everytime I reboot, it tries to get me to setup a Microsoft account. How do i... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Backstory: I have my computer with a local account. I ACTIVELY do not EVER want my computer tied to a microsoft account, for any reason, ever. I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CorvinCorvae, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Windows 10, everytime I reboot, it tries to get me to setup a Microsoft account. How do i...

Backstory: I have my computer with a local account. I ACTIVELY do not EVER want my computer tied to a microsoft account, for any reason, ever.

I don't often reboot. But everytime I do, as soon as i put my password in, it tries to get me to set up a microsoft account ever since some update a while back. I can cancel, but it shows up again on the next reboot.

How do i get this utter Bull**** to stop?

:)

CorvinCorvae, Apr 12, 2021
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10, everytime I reboot, it tries to get me to setup a Microsoft account. How do i... :(

Zakin, Apr 12, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Apr 12, 2021
  4. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10, everytime I reboot, it tries to get me to setup a Microsoft account. How do i...

Windows 10

you don't have to use a Microsoft account....
    I know I'm not.

Scrizz, Apr 12, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10, everytime I reboot, it tries to get me to setup a Microsoft account. How do i...

1. Windows 10, everytime I reboot, it tries to get me to setup a Microsoft account. How do i... - Similar Threads - everytime reboot tries

2. I have a microsoft account setup How do I add a Computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a microsoft account setup How do I add a Computer: I have a microsoft account setup, I have two computers that I use daily, The oldest computer shows up on my Microsoft acct. How do I add the other one, that is a Dell 9020 W/ win 10...
  3. I have a microsoft account setup How do I add a Computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a microsoft account setup How do I add a Computer: I have a microsoft account setup, I have two computers that I use daily, The oldest computer shows up on my Microsoft acct. How do I add the other one, that is a Dell 9020 W/ win 10...
  4. My Microsoft account gets blocked everytime when I try to sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Microsoft account gets blocked everytime when I try to sign in: When I try to sign in different microsoft applications with my microsoft account, it always says "Your account has been blocked". I manage to unblock it, but I don't understand why it gets blocked. Please someone help me.* Moved from Community Center...
  5. My Microsoft account gets blocked everytime when I try to sign in

My Microsoft account gets blocked everytime when I try to sign in: When I try to sign in different microsoft applications with my microsoft account, it always says "Your account has been blocked". I manage to unblock it, but I don't understand why it gets blocked. Please someone help me.* Moved from Community Center...
  6. How do I get Windows 10 to stop asking me to setup my PC?

How do I get Windows 10 to stop asking me to setup my PC?: I custom built my PC in 2016 when win7 was supported and when I upgraded to win10 around 2019 when I heard win7 support was ending.Since then roughly every month or so win10 has been asking me to finish setting up my PC by creating a One Drive backup when I already have 2...
  7. How do I recover my account....I try to log in and I get this "That Microsoft account...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I recover my account....I try to log in and I get this "That Microsoft account...: I believe my account was maliciously hacked. I have been locked out of my account. This affects my Xbox and my Microsoft access. My old .GMAIL login name has been replaced with one from a .RAMBLER.RU log in name on both my Microsoft account and my Xbox account. I did not do...
  8. How do I recover my account....I try to log in and I get this "That Microsoft account...

How do I recover my account....I try to log in and I get this "That Microsoft account...: I believe my account was maliciously hacked. I have been locked out of my account. This affects my Xbox and my Microsoft access. My old .GMAIL login name has been replaced with one from a .RAMBLER.RU log in name on both my Microsoft account and my Xbox account. I did not do...
  9. How do I recover my account....I try to log in and I get this "That Microsoft account...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. How do I stop Windows from trying to force me to a Microsoft Account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I stop Windows from trying to force me to a Microsoft Account?: Hi guys, I set up WIndows 10 20H2 on a newly bought PC. Now Windows is trying to force me to use a Microsoft account. This always worked without one on my old PC - which ran Windows 10 20H2 as well. What do I have to do to make Windows stop showing me "reminder" messages...