Windows 10: Windows 10 excessive cpu usage from apps randomly

Discus and support Windows 10 excessive cpu usage from apps randomly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi peoples You may have answered this one if so could you link me to it thanks. I recently bought a Surface Go less than a month ago updated to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ghost1982, Mar 31, 2020.

1. ghost1982 Win User

Windows 10 excessive cpu usage from apps randomly

Hi peoples

You may have answered this one if so could you link me to it thanks.

I recently bought a Surface Go less than a month ago updated to windows 10 home straight away off the S version all good.

Last week had a windows update run in morning that night tried opening a pdf in firefox from WHO it went crazy wouldn't stop opening tabs closed down straight away thinking that was weird. I tried a different pdf from government site same thing. After closing firefox ran windows defender, surface got really hot to touch and got blue screen. I shut it down let it cool overnight tried again it got hot but ran through clean tried offline scan same thing also tried malwarebytes and ad cleaner nothing. Noticed after this it would get really hot after a few minutes use task manager showing constant 100% cpu usage random apps. So I reset Surface Go, had to external fans blasting it to keep cool, it ran through to set up device, turned it off let it cool down completely overnight, next day finished set up. Ran windows update to latest version heating problem gone. What now happens is I seem to get cpu 100% usage spikes from random apps mainly when they open but also randomly while in use. CPU usage in task manager never seems to add up to the listed usage of apps. This does seem to settle down after a few moments but continues to spike randomly and whenever I open task manager cpu is always 100%. The noticeable thing is the random slow down of device, I checked my pc that just updated and the same sought of thing occurs. Is this an issue with Windows 10 something I need to worry about or should I let it go for the moment? Hoping I don't have a problem caused from overheating caused by excessive cpu usage.

:)

ghost1982, Mar 31, 2020

2. cpu usage high internet slow windows 7

Brevity can be a virtue but it can also be counter-productive.

• Which application demands excessive CPU resources?
    • What would you like to ask?

Frederik Long, Mar 31, 2020
  3. Windows Explorer high CPU Usage in Windows 10

Hi Andrew,

Usually, too many background processes can boost your CPU usage. Since you already disabled the apps that are not necessary on startup,
    we suggest checking the applications running once you have successfully boot Windows 10. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• Click on the Start button and type Task Manager on the search box.
    • On the Task Manager window, you should see the programs running.
    • Click on the More details drop-down button to see the total number of apps running and their real-time CPU usage.

From there, you should see what applications are running on high CPU usage. You can also
    restart the Windows Management Instrumentation service and see if your CPU performance will improve. Follow the instructions below to restart the service:

• Click on the Start button and type Services.
    • Scroll down the list and look for Windows Management Instrumentation.
    • Right click on it and select Restart.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Mar 31, 2020
  4. Windows 10 excessive cpu usage from apps randomly

excessive cpu usage

When I use Microsoft solitaire the cpu usage rapidly ramps up to as high as 80% causing the fan to absolutely race. This is new ion the last few days. Nothing else seems to cause this. Any suggestions?

dave

DaveAlmond, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 excessive cpu usage from apps randomly

1. Windows 10 excessive cpu usage from apps randomly - Similar Threads - excessive cpu usage

2. Windows 11 - Background Task Host Excessive CPU Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Background Task Host Excessive CPU Usage: Hi together,I have the issue, that the Background Task Host takes round 50% of my CPU, permanently.Do you have any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-background-task-host-excessive-cpu/1f917742-d44b-4825-8660-9252168a1cf3
  3. Windows 10 Error 0x800f081f - Excessive CPU + RAM Usage

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Error 0x800f081f - Excessive CPU + RAM Usage: Hello there,My computer has been getting slower and slower over the last month. Task manager shows excessive CPU and RAM usage. In the past, the fan did not even work while opening and running 20 sites in tabs, now the fan never stops. In addition, after 3-4 site opening,...
  4. Excessively High CPU Usage Possible Infection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Excessively High CPU Usage Possible Infection: Hello, I have recently been dealing with excessively high CPU usage for the past few weeks. I could not find what was causing it until I opened up Performance Monitor, showing me that the responsible .exes were SearchApp.exe, LockApp.exe, ShellExperienceHost.exe,...
  5. Excessive CPU Usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Excessive CPU Usage: I have a hard time running programs because its always lagging. Even if I run a single tab. Even if I run a single program. And even when it's idle on the desktop screen with no running programs. It always seems to use like near 50% of CPU then goes to 100%. I always kill...
  6. Connected Devices Platform: Excessive CPU Usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Connected Devices Platform: Excessive CPU Usage: According to my machine's task manager, SERVICE HOST: CONNECTED DEVICES PLATFORM USER SERVICE is consuming about 40% to 50% CPU usage. (Don't know if I stated that correctly.) Anyway, this is causing the fan on my tower to run very high and constantly. As far as I know,...
  7. Excess data usage on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Excess data usage on Windows 10: What is causing excess data use in Windows 10? Data usage jumped 26 GB in a little over 1 hour this morning. Only thing open is my email a finance app....
  8. Windows explorer excessive CPU usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows explorer excessive CPU usage: My machine is WIN10, ran WPR on a clean boot, started recording right after cpu usage jumped. WPR log I appreciate any ideas anyone can offer....
  9. WIN 10 and Chrome browser - Excessive memory and CPU usage

WIN 10 and Chrome browser - Excessive memory and CPU usage: I'd report the activity to Yahoo and let them deal with it. You could try the No Coin extension just to see if a miner has infiltrated Yahoo. You might also disable Flash on Yahoo.com and do not allow Javascript to run on Yahoo.com. (Within content settings of Chrome)
  10. Excessive CPU Usage with Browser(s)

Excessive CPU Usage with Browser(s): Hello all, I recently purchased new a Lenovo Flex 3 1130 (80LY), 2 in 1 laptop. I'm aware it's a entry level machine and it's purpose is primarily just for school. Definitly not going to run my server.....lol. Everything is as expected with the machine except the CPU...