Windows 10: Windows 10 expiring activation problem

Discus and support Windows 10 expiring activation problem in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Really, how on earth did he get the Pro version in the first place.? You can install either version from the install media downloaded from Microsoft.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by FernNZ, Jul 18, 2016.

1. cv007 Win User

Windows 10 expiring activation problem

You can install either version from the install media downloaded from Microsoft. But, as you have found, when it comes time to activate you need the right version for the product key you are using. I would guess the thoughtful person who did the upgrade has not done many as surely it wouldn't take long to discover its important to choose the correct version (via any previous customers who are running into the same problem during the past year). They should also have completed the task of activating- which would have revealed 'their' problem.

If not paying attention, it can be easy to make the mistake (although intentional in this case). With Win8, the stickers on the pc are not much help if you are not familiar with them (core version gives no indication on sticker, pro does show 'Pro')- and if you have a Bing version of Win8 and want to reinstall Win8- its an easy mistake to install Win8 Core and end up scratching your head why it will not activate (and then try to come up with a Bing version of Win8 after you removed the recovery partition).

cv007, Jul 20, 2016
  2. Superfly Win User

Bud, I'm referring to "no physical address"... fact or wot?

Superfly, Jul 20, 2016
  3. FernNZ Win User
    Yes, just what I was thinking. As to why he chose that route, ?!
    Fact, I believed them to be 'reputable' because as I said it is a NZ wide name with other 'branches' throughout the country, and been using them for years with no problems. However they can 'hide' ,obviously.
    I'm not expecting a call/email from them even though I've been on to it all week, if not I'll uninstall the Pro version, and hopefully able to install the Home version via Microsoft web site.

FernNZ, Jul 20, 2016
  4. FernNZ Win User

PS; I was able to install Windows 10 on the desktop no problem, so I thought the laptop with Windows 8.1 would be just as easy, it wasn't, the screen went black and wouldn't install, that's the reason I called them in in the first place.
    I've just heard back from the 'technician' he says he can't remember installing the Pro version, how damn convenient for him, he's since left the 'company'.

FernNZ, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 expiring activation problem - Similar Threads - expiring activation problem

2. WINDOWS LICENSE EXPIRED AND IS NOT ACTIVATING

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    WINDOWS LICENSE EXPIRED AND IS NOT ACTIVATING: AGAK GIRICreated on August 14, 2021WINDOWS LICENSE EXPIRES SOONHi, my name is ANURAG and few days ago WINDOWS LICENSE EXPIRES SOON pops on my dell laptop screen . after asking about this from microsoft community he told that the shop installed an illegal license of windows....
  3. WINDOWS LICENSE EXPIRED AND IS NOT ACTIVATING

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WINDOWS LICENSE EXPIRED AND IS NOT ACTIVATING: AGAK GIRICreated on August 14, 2021WINDOWS LICENSE EXPIRES SOONHi, my name is ANURAG and few days ago WINDOWS LICENSE EXPIRES SOON pops on my dell laptop screen . after asking about this from microsoft community he told that the shop installed an illegal license of windows....
  4. Windows 10 activation expires soon

Windows 10 activation expires soon: HiRecently i updated my window 10 version to 20h2 after that i keep receiving a message saying windows 10 activation expires soon I bought my laptop 2 years ago and the windows was activated Now after updating to 20h2 i checked the settings and it shows windows is activated...
  5. Activation expiring

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activation expiring: I bought a Dell computer 6 months ago. The computer was suppose to to come with Windows 10 Pro. I live in Cambodia the land of computer hardware and software theft. When you take computer into any shop for repairs you have to sit there and watch them or they will replace your...
  6. Activating expired Windows 10 evaluation

Activating expired Windows 10 evaluation: Greetings, I set up Hyper-V on my Win 10 Pro laptop and created a VM using an evaluation of Win 10. That VM has expired now and will only stay active for one hour after restarting the VM. Would I be able to acquire a licensed Win 10 version - and then be able to convert...
  7. Windows 10 and licence expiration and activation issues

Windows 10 and licence expiration and activation issues: I got a message saying my Windows licence would expire soon. I updated my Windows. Still getting the same message. Support told me I had to activate Windows. It is activated. Still getting the same message. Why? What's going on? What do I do? Any help appreciated....
  8. Windows Activation and Licence Expired

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Activation and Licence Expired: I have an Acer which was reset to factory ... now I am unable to Activate windows even though it is the factory installed version. I keep getting error 0xC004FC07 telling me it is not a genuine windows 10. I have also lost the activation code that came with the computer,...
  9. Windows 10 activation randomly expired.

Windows 10 activation randomly expired.: So around a year ago in the march of 2018, I bought a gaming pc that came with windows 10. Now around January of 2019 I randomly kept getting messages saying your activation will expire soon. I just ignored it as I thought it was a bug since I saw that the windows was...
  10. Windows 10 Pro expiration/activation problem

Windows 10 Pro expiration/activation problem: Hi, This is my first post to this forum, apologies for the length of this post, but I wanted to try to give as much info as possible. I have a Windows 10 Pro expiration/activation problem. I bought a used desktop PC a few months ago, but am now unable to contact the seller...