Windows 10: Windows 10 Explorer CPU Spikes

Discus and support Windows 10 Explorer CPU Spikes in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've been getting consistent CPU spikes from explorer.exe, often causing lag when I'm gaming. Here is the performance history from Process Explorer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Unnormally2, Nov 6, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Explorer CPU Spikes

I've been getting consistent CPU spikes from explorer.exe, often causing lag when I'm gaming.

Here is the performance history from Process Explorer. Every 30-60 seconds it spikes to 25% or so and drops back down.
    https://i.imgur.com/lrEZquK.png

I've tried a bunch of things so far. Cleaning temporary files, deleting audioses.dll (Which did awful things to my PC, had to put it back), turning off file thumbnails, disabling recent file history, checking for files on my desktop without an icon. Nothing has been working. I'm desperate.

submitted by /u/Unnormally2
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Unnormally2, Nov 6, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 6, 2020
  3. CPU spiking to 100% in windows 10

I am having a similar problem. Every 60 seconds the CPU usage spikes due to Windows Explorer. The system freezes for a few seconds and then continues. Sometimes windows close.

I have started in Safe Mode and also a Clean Boot but the problem persists. I tried the system maintenance, as suggested, with no luck. I'm not sure what else to try.

LarryEhnert, Nov 6, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Explorer CPU Spikes

Explorer constantly spiking CPU usage for Win 10

Hi. Thank you for your answer. I tried all your suggestions, but nothing helped.

Clean bot seems helped at first but no after some hours spikes came back and now spiking more often with every hour of PC working.

Same happened also without clean boot.

Any other suggestions what to try ?

Just to let you know that I worked with Win 7 before with even more programs installed than now and I did not switched off my PC for weeks and CPU usage was lower in general not to talk about any spikes in CPU, newer noticed anything like that...

Thanks

DanielRamirezz, Nov 6, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Explorer CPU Spikes

1. Windows 10 Explorer CPU Spikes - Similar Threads - Explorer CPU Spikes

2. CPU Spikes?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU Spikes?: I don't know why it's suddenly doing it but my CPU spikes massively when anything is plugged in or just randomly at times, my mouse is kinda broken it turns off and on cause the wire is kinda exposed, so if it plugs itself in and out my plug in executables goes up to like 30%...
  3. CPU Spikes?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CPU Spikes?: I don't know why it's suddenly doing it but my CPU spikes massively when anything is plugged in or just randomly at times, my mouse is kinda broken it turns off and on cause the wire is kinda exposed, so if it plugs itself in and out my plug in executables goes up to like 30%...
  4. CPU Spikes?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. CPU spiking then dropping

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    CPU spiking then dropping: I have a PC for gaming,Core i7 10700KRTX 3060 Ti 16GB RAM1x 4TB HDD2x 1TB M.2My CPU has this weird trend I've noticed recently which I think has been a cause of my games freezing usuallyI'm not sure whether this is a virus or not, but whenever I look through Process Hacker,...
  6. cpu spike

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cpu spike: hello 1 week ago i bought pc and at first i could’t see any problems after some time i installed program for free and i thought it was a virus , after that i reinstalled windows more than 5 times dont ask me why :D, so for example when i have discord opened and i open task...
  7. cpu spike

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cpu spike: hello 1 week ago i bought pc and at first i could’t see any problems after some time i installed program for free and i thought it was a virus , after that i reinstalled windows more than 5 times dont ask me why :D, so for example when i have discord opened and i open task...
  8. cpu spike

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Windows Explorer CPU Usage Spike

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer CPU Usage Spike: So I've had this issue for the past few months where every so often, windows will appear to freeze up, then return to normal after 5-10 seconds. If I'm typing when this happens, windows will eventually keep up with what I'm typing, meaning this is some kind of severe input...
  10. Windows 10 100% cpu spike

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 100% cpu spike: Hello guys I have a problem with windows 10, sometimes I get a 1sec or smth like that 100% cpu spike and it kinda feels when i watch a movie/ play a game/etc . I don't know what to do because I cant even find the process, all its to fast and random 11980