Windows 10: Windows 10 Explorer crashes on Task View

Discus and support Windows 10 Explorer crashes on Task View in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Every few times I run Task View, Windows Explorer crashes and restarts. This does cause some issues, ie. shortcuts disappear from the notification... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ScottS21, May 23, 2021.

1. ScottS21 Win User

Windows 10 Explorer crashes on Task View

Every few times I run Task View, Windows Explorer crashes and restarts. This does cause some issues, ie. shortcuts disappear from the notification tray, tabs get moved, etc.Below is a link to the dmp file created. I'm not certain how to read this. Does this identify a specific app that caused the crash?https://www.dropbox.com/t/fMNSPZy6LM

:)

ScottS21, May 23, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 23, 2021
  3. Task view in windows 10

Hello ReinaldoEspinosa

i suggest to Follow the below steps:

To start your system in safe mode with Networking, follow the below steps:

Press and hold Shift key and restart your Computer.

Select Troubleshoot.

Select Advance Option.

Select Startup Settings.

Follow the on Screen instruction.

Select Safe mode with Networking, from the list of options

Also you can to restart Windows Explorer

Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete from you Keyboard.

Then click on Task Manager.

Now find Windows Explorer from process list of windows task manager.

Right click on Windows Explorer & select restart.

Let me know if it works or you need further assistance.

Regards

MarcosAraujo2, May 23, 2021
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Windows Explorer Crash

Thank you for your reply. If the above steps did not work, let's try another workaround. You can try restarting your Windows Explorer from the Task Manager and see if it will resolve the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Open Task Manager.
    • Click the drop-down arrow beside More details.
    • Under Processes tab, look for Windows Explorer from the list.
    • Select Windows Explorer, right-click on it and select Restart.

After doing so, open Windows Explorer and see if it will crash again.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, May 23, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Explorer crashes on Task View - Similar Threads - Explorer crashes Task

2. Windows task view and crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows task view and crashes: I'm encountering several issues with my Windows computer. Firstly, I've been experiencing frequent freezing and crashing of applications, which disrupts my work. Additionally, I've encountered error code 0xc000005 during some of these crashes. Another problem is that my Task...
  3. Windows task view and crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows task view and crashes: I'm encountering several issues with my Windows computer. Firstly, I've been experiencing frequent freezing and crashing of applications, which disrupts my work. Additionally, I've encountered error code 0xc000005 during some of these crashes. Another problem is that my Task...
  4. Windows task view and crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 Explorer crashes on Task View

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Explorer crashes on Task View: I have been experiencing crashes of explorer.exe whenever I use Task View. Searching online for answers brought me to several pages asking for a crash dump. Literally minutes after adding the reg key I experienced another crash. My crash dump is...
  6. Windows 10 Explorer crashes on Task View

Windows 10 Explorer crashes on Task View: I have been experiencing crashes of explorer.exe whenever I use Task View. Searching online for answers brought me to several pages asking for a crash dump. Literally minutes after adding the reg key I experienced another crash. My crash dump is...
  7. Windows 10 Explorer crashes on Task View

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows 10 Explorer crashes on Task View

Windows 10 Explorer crashes on Task View: Every time I launch Task View, Windows Explorer crashes.Here is the entry in the Windows Application log:Faulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.19041.1151, time stamp: 0x2885d2b8Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1151, time stamp:...
  9. Windows 10 Explorer crashes when clicking on Task View

Windows 10 Explorer crashes when clicking on Task View: Hi,Windows Explorer is crashing randomly when I click on the TaskView button in the TaskBar. I already found a topic here saying I should create a user mode dump file, and I did. However I cannot analyze it myself.Here is the dump file:...
  10. Windows 10 Explorer crashes on Task View

Windows 10 Explorer crashes on Task View: About every ~10th time I launch Task View, Windows Explorer crashes. It is more frequent if I have more windows open on a particular desktop. Here is the entry in the Windows Application log: Faulting application name: Explorer.exe, version: 10.0.17763.1007, time stamp:...