Windows 10: Windows 10 - Explorer crashes repeatedly several times at startup

Discus and support Windows 10 - Explorer crashes repeatedly several times at startup in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Ihave the exact same problem descrived here:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by trappola2, Jul 6, 2018.

1. trappola2 Win User

Windows 10 - Explorer crashes repeatedly several times at startup

Ihave the exact same problem descrived here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance-winpc/explorerexe-keeps-stopping-or-crashing-windows-10/a9d24ccb-d935-49fc-a72a-8cefe8648378

At startup and on other occasions, something crashes Explorer.exe that then begins a cycle of start/crash/restart.

I followed the steps described in the post and got two dmp files. They are in my Dropbox here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/z5j9xspjxzxkvu4/AABh3pinbZab-mUFLxsttidSa?dl=0

Could someone have a look and point me in the direction to narrow done the cause of the issue?

Many thanks.

:)

trappola2, Jul 6, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 6, 2018
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jul 6, 2018
  4. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jul 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 - Explorer crashes repeatedly several times at startup - Similar Threads - Explorer crashes repeatedly

2. Windows 10 - Game crashes on startup repeatedly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - Game crashes on startup repeatedly: I have played Sea of Thieves for years now, and ever since Sunday the 18th, it has had issues regarding the launching of the game.I was updating it following the latest patch/update, and since then I have received error code: 0xc0000005 upon the splash screen of the game,...
  3. Windows 10 - Game crashes on startup repeatedly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 - Game crashes on startup repeatedly: I have played Sea of Thieves for years now, and ever since Sunday the 18th, it has had issues regarding the launching of the game.I was updating it following the latest patch/update, and since then I have received error code: 0xc0000005 upon the splash screen of the game,...
  4. Windows 10 - Game crashes on startup repeatedly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. File explorer repeatedly crashes on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer repeatedly crashes on startup: I have recently been having an issue with file explorer on windows 10. When logging into my account, none of the desktop icons show and file explorer refuses to open. Every time I click on the desktop, file explorer crashes and restarts.I have used task manager to end task...
  6. File explorer repeatedly crashes on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer repeatedly crashes on startup: I have recently been having an issue with file explorer on windows 10. When logging into my account, none of the desktop icons show and file explorer refuses to open. Every time I click on the desktop, file explorer crashes and restarts.I have used task manager to end task...
  7. File explorer repeatedly crashes on startup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Windows 10 explorer restarts several times

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 explorer restarts several times: I am running windows 10 May 2019 edition . I use my computer for 4-5 hours daily, in that the windows explorer , refresh themselves several times say 1-2 times between that 4-5 hours . I want to know why this problem is happening I am facing this problem from past couple of...
  9. windows 10 crashes several times on startup before it manages to open up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 crashes several times on startup before it manages to open up: after recent update it just gone downhill, I've miraculously lost my GPU drivers(first restart after the "upgrade" I get notified that there are absolutely no drivers for AMD graphics card installed - makes me wonder, have those been really and the laptop needs to be started...
  10. Windows 10 is crashing several times a day

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 is crashing several times a day: Windows 10 is crashing several times a day.I dont know why this happens.And have no idea how to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10/96c9a5e9-f365-4311-9db4-d91d41efb0bf

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 crashes repeatedly