Windows 10: Windows 10 explorer "Delete" key and "mouse click + delete" have no effect on Onedrive files

Discus and support Windows 10 explorer "Delete" key and "mouse click + delete" have no effect on Onedrive files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Since a couple of days, the Windows 10 explorer "Delete" key and "mouse click + delete" have no effect at all when they are executed on Onedrive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Roger Fraikin, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Windows 10 explorer "Delete" key and "mouse click + delete" have no effect on Onedrive files

Since a couple of days, the Windows 10 explorer "Delete" key and "mouse click + delete" have no effect at all when they are executed on Onedrive folders or files.

This happened after a saturation of my Onedrive space, probably hampering the synchronisation.
    However, even after I did a major cleanup using the web onedrive interface, thereby reducing the used space to 60%, the problem is still there.

Stopping and/or restarting the Onedrive process does not solve the problem and rebooting neither.

I am running the latest Windows 10 version; after I detected this problem, my PC got a big W10 update involving a series of reboots, but this unfortunately did not solve the problem.

I also tried to delete the files using Total Commander as an alternate to the explorer and there I get an error message "Please remove the write protection!". It looks like Onedrive is kind of "write protected" for windows application.
    However, I do not see any write protection in the files properties, and I found other ways to delete the files..

Anybody else experiencing that problem?

I tried these two workarounds with success:

1) Dos prompt:

- delete the files using the "Del" command works fine

2) Moving files and/or folders to a non-onedrive location

- mouse select the files and/or folders,

- drag them to the desktop or another "non-onedrive" folder,

- delete them there.

:)

Roger Fraikin, Jan 5, 2019
  2. Freezer Win User

Windows 10 - OneDrive

This is Windows 10 Pro... Enterprise is an entirely different deal and I'm sure I won't have problems that route, but I'm not forking over more $ to dipshit developers. The only thing I can think of is un-linking my Office 365 accounts within Office, but that defeats the purpose of accessing the files ONLINE and managing them from there. I have two alumni accounts, not a single problem in Windows 7/8 until M$shit devs decided to integrate Onedrive. I've deleted, renamed, set read-only to "msosync.exe," ... but windows continues to add it again and again, and NOW I just noticed it's now linking to groove.exe, instead of onedrive. Sooo fn annoying!

Onedrive on Windows 10 is not an 'app' it is integrated. Plus I don't fool around with the Windows Store thoughtless developer child bullshit. Windows Store ought to be completely removed from the Windows platform all together. Also I do not intend to completely remove Onedrive, it defeats the purpose... the purpose is to REMOVE it from Windows Explorer navigation and startup.

Freezer, Jan 5, 2019
  3. Easo Win User
    Windows 10 - OneDrive

Can we have rant-less version, please?

Easo, Jan 5, 2019
  4. Windows 10 explorer "Delete" key and "mouse click + delete" have no effect on Onedrive files

Cant Delete Files From Desktop

Well, ran into a weird bug with vista, for some reason i cant delete files from desktop, this normaly happens to .exe files, the ONLY fix seems to be to KILL explorer.exe, and delete the file, then restat explorer, anybody got any idea why this happens?

Rebo&Zooty, Jan 5, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 explorer "Delete" key and "mouse click + delete" have no effect on Onedrive files

1. Windows 10 explorer "Delete" key and "mouse click + delete" have no effect on Onedrive files - Similar Threads - explorer Delete key

2. File Explorer kept deleting... and deleting... and deleting...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer kept deleting... and deleting... and deleting...: Can anyone tell me what Windows Windows 10 Enterprise was doing here?I tried to delete a large directory that contained an old backup of a project I'm working on. I kept getting "You must have administrator privilege" dialogs, which was odd, because the directory contained...
  3. File Explorer kept deleting... and deleting... and deleting...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer kept deleting... and deleting... and deleting...: Can anyone tell me what Windows Windows 10 Enterprise was doing here?I tried to delete a large directory that contained an old backup of a project I'm working on. I kept getting "You must have administrator privilege" dialogs, which was odd, because the directory contained...
  4. File Explorer kept deleting... and deleting... and deleting...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Deleting files on OneDrive

Deleting files on OneDrive: I deleted two Microsoft Word documents in the OneDrive Desktop folder. I exited the folder but the files are still there - but I can't open, rename, hide or delete them, only move their location on the Desktop screen, because the 'file location wasn't found'. Help - what do I...
  6. Delete Onedrive icon from file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete Onedrive icon from file explorer: We are using OneDrive for business in our office. I link OneDrive to my business email address for a long time. Couple of days ago I linked of our colleague account to copy some folders to my desktop. After copying his data I unlinked his account but the OneDrive icon is...
  7. Left-Click Mouse Causes Deletion files in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Left-Click Mouse Causes Deletion files in Windows 10: I have updated my system with Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. but the files get deleted automatically when left-clicking the mouse. If we left mouse click on any file like image, Doc, Excel, Notepad Application then it removes everything which we open instead of executing a proper...
  8. Backspace key not deleting files in windows explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Backspace key not deleting files in windows explorer: Hi, recently my backspace key stopped deleting files in windows explorer, instead doing the equivalent of the back button on the top left. I think I accidentally hit some keyboard shortcut to toggle this, but I can't figure out how to switch it back. How do I fix this?...
  9. OneDrive and File Deletion

OneDrive and File Deletion: On Windows 10, using MS File Explorer to elete a file that is in a directory where the settings are set to keep a copy on the pC and on OneDrive. Whe I delete some files, I get this message which makes me suspecious that there is something wrong. This only started a week...
  10. Onedrive Folders and files not deleting in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive Folders and files not deleting in File Explorer: The one drive on my PC always showing uploading files around 205 MB in administrator account but it will stuck to uploading around 25 MB and then again starts from around 10 MB and will again go to around 25 or 27 MB and will continue doing this. There are files in the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. on mouse click delete files on windows 10

2. windows 10 delete files no effect