Windows 10: Windows 10 Explorer Deleted Photos still show up in Photo App viewer

Discus and support Windows 10 Explorer Deleted Photos still show up in Photo App viewer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Uploaded vacation photos from camera to external hard drive. Open Windows Explorer to cull the bad ones, extraneous/duplicates. Did that and when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jsweeney1228, Nov 7, 2016.

1. Windows 10 Explorer Deleted Photos still show up in Photo App viewer

Uploaded vacation photos from camera to external hard drive. Open Windows Explorer to cull the bad ones, extraneous/duplicates. Did that and when I opened up Photo App to view reduced picture set - they are all showing - even the deleted ones. When looking at the list in Explorer there are 17 pictures, the slideshow shows 25. All the deleted ones are still showing up.
    I created a new folder and moved only the 17 pictures to that folder and deleted the original one. Guess what? They still show up. Haunted by the bad photos which won't go away! Help - What am I doing wrong?

:)

jsweeney1228, Nov 7, 2016
  2. Marty684 Win User

Deleted Photos Still Show in Windows 10 Photo App

Photos that I have deleted still appear when I use the Windows 10 Photo App though not when I use other apps within Windows 10 (e.g. using Photo Viewer).

I've tried deleting the Photo App cache and that also hasn't worked.

Just trying to figure out why the app is still showing the photos.

Marty684, Nov 7, 2016
  3. SCC_505 Win User
    Deleting photos in Windows 10 Photos app

I've been going through photos in the Windows 10 Photos app and deleting some of the photos. When I go to File Explorer, the photos are no longer there, but they still show up in the Photos app if I go to that directory. I deleted some of them from the
    Recycle bin and they still show up in the Photos app. How do I completely get rid of them? Is it getting them from OneDrive? I have not intentionally saved anything to OneDrive, and when I look at OneDrive, it says there isn't anything there to delete (and
    nothing is in its Recycle bin. What do I have to do to delete photos so they are really gone and no longer show up in the Photos app?

SCC_505, Nov 7, 2016
  4. Windows 10 Explorer Deleted Photos still show up in Photo App viewer

Hi and welcome:

For starters: have you tried to reboot the computer?

Just a thought,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Nov 7, 2016
  5. Yes have rebooted several times after trying various fixes. Each time the photos reappear.

jsweeney1228, Nov 7, 2016
  6. ARC1020 Win User
    Maybe give it some time to refresh after opening the Photos app (look for the spinning arrows next to the refresh button). Alternatively, if the arrows aren't spinning, what happens if you press the 'Refresh' button and wait for the arrows to stop spinning.

Windows 10 Explorer Deleted Photos still show up in Photo App viewer [​IMG]

ARC1020, Nov 7, 2016
  7. Refresh doesn't help. I am in Windows Explorer and delete the pictures. In that view they are gone. But if I double click any picture - it launches the Photo App to display and when clicking the small arrow on the side to advance to the next picture - the deleted ones show up even though the Windows Explorer folder doesn't show them anymore.

jsweeney1228, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Explorer Deleted Photos still show up in Photo App viewer

1. Windows 10 Explorer Deleted Photos still show up in Photo App viewer - Similar Threads - Explorer Deleted Photos

2. Recovering deleted photos on Windows 10 photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovering deleted photos on Windows 10 photos app: I think I accidentally selected everything on my Windows 10 photos app and it all deleted. I put something on top of my laptop temporarily, and it moved the trackpad and selected it all.I don't know where they went or how to recover them. They are not in my recycle bin...:...
  3. Recovering deleted photos on Windows 10 photos app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovering deleted photos on Windows 10 photos app: I think I accidentally selected everything on my Windows 10 photos app and it all deleted. I put something on top of my laptop temporarily, and it moved the trackpad and selected it all.I don't know where they went or how to recover them. They are not in my recycle bin...:...
  4. Photo Viewer app???

Photo Viewer app???: Hi; I updated a friends comp to win10 from win8.1, now all her pics are missing info. She swears she was using windows photo viewer and had all her pics titled and dated. This is different from file name. Win10 photo app does not show the title/Subject or date. I tried...
  5. Photos app vs Windows 8 Photo Viewer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Photos app vs Windows 8 Photo Viewer: So I recently made the final switch to Windows 10 (was still using 8.1 simply because there was no need to switch, new PC obviously came with Win 10 now). One thing I miss is the Photo Viewer from Win 8.1, as the new Photos app is lacking a lot of small features that added a...
  6. Windows photo viewer delets photos after rotating.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows photo viewer delets photos after rotating.: There are some hidden photos i was browsing through and i rotated them as i was viewing. after closing photo viewer and seeing the "saving" prompt, those photos disappeared. Any help recovering them would be appreciated as those photos are valued. I'm using Win 10. After...
  7. Deleted images still showing up when using the Microsoft Photos app!

Deleted images still showing up when using the Microsoft Photos app!: Hi forum, I want to switch to Microsoft Photos app (from "Windows Photo Viewer") but I have two problem(s) with Photos app: 1- When I am browsing my photos (from a folder contains just image file types like JPG, PNG, ...) and delete one of them in Photos app, after deleting...
  8. unable to delete photo in Windows 10 Photo App

unable to delete photo in Windows 10 Photo App: In Windows10 "Photos App", I follow the standard procedures for deleting a photo such as right-hand click then delete OR clicking the garbage can icon at the top of the page and confirming delete. After executing this, the photo disappears from Photos App but when I go back...
  9. Windows photo and photo viewer

Windows photo and photo viewer: Photo app and photo viewer app not working, please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-photo-and-photo-viewer/3b344c54-cf1c-4cf1-ab44-8bfba1ded777
  10. Photo viewer app for Windows 10

Photo viewer app for Windows 10: Hello. So i just recently came up with the windows 10 app about photo viewing. I like how it helps you organize your pictures in albums, date taken, etc. I have a question though about that date thing. Why does it stop at 1969 when you go back? I have photos taken way before...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 Photo app still shows photo on live tile after it has been deleted?

2. i deleted photos in windows 10 but they still show up