Windows 10: Windows 10 Explorer does not allow you to preview xlsx excel files. Using Version 16 Office...

Discus and support Windows 10 Explorer does not allow you to preview xlsx excel files. Using Version 16 Office... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This question has been asked in a variety of ways.I wish someone would come up with a fix.I can see any other microsoft file in explorer preview except... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Rdrunna, May 10, 2021.

1. Rdrunna Win User

Windows 10 Explorer does not allow you to preview xlsx excel files. Using Version 16 Office...

This question has been asked in a variety of ways.I wish someone would come up with a fix.I can see any other microsoft file in explorer preview except for excel.Excel version is Microsoft 365 MSo 16.0 64 bit.Windows version is Windows 10 64 bitI have checked advanced properties in Excel and "Save Thumbnails for All Excel Documents" is checkedThe registry is correctI have done DCIM and SFC scansI have reinstalled, and repairedI do not know what else to do.It used to workI think one of the updates has damaged this, but can't say for sure if it has or what may be going on, but it is quite frustr

:)

Rdrunna, May 10, 2021

2. Preview Pane in Explorer No Longer Working with Excel Files

System Parameters:

Windows 10 Pro, Version 1803 OS Build 17134.345 64 bit

Excel for Office 365 MOS (16.0.1129_20045) 32 bit

Issue:

Windows/Excel recently updated. Presumably, this was done to "fix" a problem (which reminds me of when I "fixed" my pet).

Now, when I look at a list of files in Windows Explorer, the "Preview" pane will no longer preview excel files; and if I leave the "Preview" pane open, the computer hangs.

Need help with making the preview function of explorer work again with excel files. Any takers?

user wishing her company would use linux, May 10, 2021
  3. Unable to set Excel as default app to open .xlsx files on Windows 10.

Hi Fiona,

From the above description, I understand you are unable to open
    .xlsx
    files in Excel application on the computer. Please reply to a few questions asked below for better understanding and further assistance on the issue:

• Which Office version is installed on the computer?
    • Did you check if Excel application is listed in the context menu on right clicking on the
      .xlsx file?
    • Which is the current Windows build installed on the computer?

Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, May 10, 2021
  4. pjaj43 Win User

Windows 10 Explorer does not allow you to preview xlsx excel files. Using Version 16 Office...

pjaj43, May 10, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Explorer does not allow you to preview xlsx excel files. Using Version 16 Office... - Similar Threads - Explorer does allow

2. Unable to preview Excel files on File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to preview Excel files on File Explorer: A user of ours who has Windows 10 Pro is unable to preview Excel files on the File explorer. She is able to preview Notes, Word documents, PDF's, Photos exccept Excel.Please advise as soon as possible. I have followed and viewed several articles everything has been done and...
  3. File Explorer will not preview Excel documents.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer will not preview Excel documents.: I am running Windows 11 with all updates and Office 365. File explorer will preview all documents word, pdf, etc EXCEPT Excel files. Set up a Temporary User account and Excel previewer works! How do I determine the difference between the Temporary User account and my Lip505...
  4. File Explorer will not preview Excel documents.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer will not preview Excel documents.: I am running Windows 11 with all updates and Office 365. File explorer will preview all documents word, pdf, etc EXCEPT Excel files. Set up a Temporary User account and Excel previewer works! How do I determine the difference between the Temporary User account and my Lip505...
  5. [SOLVED] No preview only of Excel files in Explorer, Office 201x

in Microsoft Office and 365
    [SOLVED] No preview only of Excel files in Explorer, Office 201x: Sorry for a somewhat long post, but it does tell a story. Like many I had this problem that suddenly since several months my Excel spreadsheets would suddenly not show in Explorer preview and instead I received in the preview an error message "this file can't be shown in...
  6. Previewing Excel files in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Previewing Excel files in File Explorer: I use the Windows File Explorer extensively. I like being able to preview files and can readily do so with Word and PDF files. However, I can't do so with Excel files. Is there anyway to add this capability?...
  7. Office 2016 - no preview of Excel documents in File Explorer

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 2016 - no preview of Excel documents in File Explorer: Brand new laptop with freshly installed Office 2016 (Windows 10 version 1903). I cannot get Excel docs to preview in File Explorer (no problem with all other Office documents and PDFs). Looking online, I've seen that this is a relatively common problem. I've tried all the...
  8. File Explorer does not allow "." to be used in file name

File Explorer does not allow "." to be used in file name: I have just upgraded to the latest version of Windows 10 Pro (I can't find the build number) and when I try to name files with a format such as "firstpart.lastpart" it removes the ".lastpart" from the file name. This has always worked in the past and I have built a naming...
  9. Windows Explorer does not show the preview of the word, excel or PDF files in Windows 10

Windows Explorer does not show the preview of the word, excel or PDF files in Windows 10: Windows Explorer does not show the preview of the word, excel or PDF files in Windows 10 but it shows other formats like JPEG or MPEG files, font files, text files etc. It gives the following error: Microsoft word 15.0 Sorry, something went wrong and word was unable to start....
  10. File Explorer not previewing .docx files or .xlsx will preview txt pdf

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer not previewing .docx files or .xlsx will preview txt pdf: Lately (I don't know how long, just noticed recently) Win 10 File Explorer won't show a preview of .docx or xlsx files. I have found a weird workaround: Open File Explorer, Highlight (click on) the file I want to preview. Nothing but a ding sound indicating a little window...