Windows 10: Windows 10 explorer does not find my external hard drives.

Discus and support Windows 10 explorer does not find my external hard drives. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows 10 explorer does not find my external hard drives. When I go to disk management I find them there! But I can't access them in explorers! I get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Geir I.M. Amundsen, May 15, 2019.

1. Windows 10 explorer does not find my external hard drives.

Windows 10 explorer does not find my external hard drives.

When I go to disk management I find them there! But I can't access them in explorers!
    I get in touch with them on a portable win 10 machine!

What can be done?

:)

Geir I.M. Amundsen, May 15, 2019
  2. Remon Ont Win User

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, May 15, 2019
  3. Marco Gav Win User
    unrecognised external hard drive on Windows 10

Since you already reinstalled the drivers of the External Hard Drive, let's run the
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter as it can resolve your concern. You can do that by following these steps:

• Press the Start button.

• Type and select Troubleshooting.

• Click on View all on the left panel.

• Select and run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

If the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter doesn’t resolve your concern, we suggest that you change the letter of the External Hard Drive. You can do that by following these steps:

• Press the Start button.

• Type and select Control panel.

• Select System and Security.

• Select Administrative Tools, and a new window will appear.

• Double-click Computer Management, and a new window will appear.

• Select Disk Management that is located under
      Storage
      in the left pane.

• Right click on the External Hard Drive that is not showing on the File Explorer.

• Select Change letter and network path, and a new window will appear.

• Select Change, and choose the letter that you want for the External Hard Drive.

After changing the letter of the External Hard Drive, we suggest that you reboot your laptop for the changes to take effect.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marco Gav, May 15, 2019
  4. cobrasl Win User

External Hard Drive (WD Elements) is visible in PW but not in explorer

followed steps..

the partition displayed as below...

Windows 10 explorer does not find my external hard drives. [​IMG]

as advised I selected "list".. and for a long time it was like this..

Windows 10 explorer does not find my external hard drives. [​IMG]

cobrasl, May 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 explorer does not find my external hard drives. - Similar Threads - explorer does find

2. cant find my external hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant find my external hard drive: cant find my external hard drive my usb port are not reading anything except my usb mouse and all drivers are up to date https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-my-external-hard-drive/5d65fbed-7a01-4f18-9b38-c89579ed7d1f
  3. cant find my external hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant find my external hard drive: cant find my external hard drive my usb port are not reading anything except my usb mouse and all drivers are up to date https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-my-external-hard-drive/5d65fbed-7a01-4f18-9b38-c89579ed7d1f
  4. External Hard Drive Not Appearing in Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Hard Drive Not Appearing in Explorer: Hello -I am trying to access an external hard drive, which is not appearing in explorer. Following some other guides, I am able to see it both under disk management and system > storage > disks and volumes. It is showing up as "Disk 2" and does not have a letter name which I...
  5. External Hard Drive Not Appearing in Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External Hard Drive Not Appearing in Explorer: Hello -I am trying to access an external hard drive, which is not appearing in explorer. Following some other guides, I am able to see it both under disk management and system > storage > disks and volumes. It is showing up as "Disk 2" and does not have a letter name which I...
  6. External hard drive NAME does not show up in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External hard drive NAME does not show up in Windows Explorer: I have a 2TB Seagate External HDD , which is not showing the Name of the drive properly in Windows Explorer. The Drive is Originally Named as "SEAGATE" , Disk Partition manager , Disk Defragmentor , shows the Drive name as "SEAGATE" but due to some Reason the Windows Explorer...
  7. Windows 10 does not see external hard drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 does not see external hard drives: As the title says, Windows 10 doesn't see my external drives, but it does see a USB stick. Background: I have shrunk C: Drive, created a simple volume with disk management and it shows as new volume? F:, which is behind my Data drive. I don't know if this is coincidence or if...
  8. Windows 10 does not see my external hard drives

Windows 10 does not see my external hard drives: Acer Aspire HDMI DESKTOP-I2PLF68 Intel Core i5-9400 2.90 GHz 12.0 GB 11.9 GB usable core 4 I have tried to use the device mgr and other recommended steps in support section. I even tried to reformat one of the HD's which does show up as a primary...
  9. Windows does not recognize my external hard drive

Windows does not recognize my external hard drive: Windows 10 used to recognize my external hard drive when i plugged it in to the USB port. Suddenly, it doesn't. How do I get it to see the external drive?...
  10. Windows Explore not recognizing External Hard Drive

Windows Explore not recognizing External Hard Drive: So my old computer broke a while back. I've successfully accessed this hard drive before on both of my other computers (Surface 3 and hp pavilion). Today I wanted to see if I had anymore data left that I wanted to move from the drive. I use a sata drive adapter (same one I've...