Windows 10: Windows 10 explorer.exe crashes everytime I try to open Control Panel

Discus and support Windows 10 explorer.exe crashes everytime I try to open Control Panel in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Every time I open Control Panel the screen goes white and then everything on screen reloads. I have tried sfc /scannow and DISM.exe /Online... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LarisaKudisheva, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Windows 10 explorer.exe crashes everytime I try to open Control Panel

Every time I open Control Panel the screen goes white and then everything on screen reloads. I have tried sfc /scannow and DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth both reported not having any problem.

:)

LarisaKudisheva, Jun 25, 2019

2. windows 10 control panel

Step 2 does not work at all. Anything from File Explorer and above does not launch at all.

DeviantWolf, Jun 25, 2019
  3. windows 10 control panel

Hello,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you want to know how to access the control panel in Windows 10?

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I would suggest you to try the following steps to open the Control Panel in the system.

Step 1: Opening Control Panel in Windows 10.

• Open Run command box by simultaneously pressing Windows and R keys (Windows + R).

• In the Run dialog box, type
      Control
      and then press Enter key to open the classic Control Panel.
    Step 2: Access Control Panel in Windows 10 from desktop.

• Right-click on the Start button (Windows logo button at the bottom-left corner of the desktop) and then click Control Panel to open the same.
    Step 3: Launch Control Panel using search.

• Open Start menu or screen.

• In the search box, enter Control Panel and then press Enter key to open the same.
    Note: You can quickly access the search with the help of Windows + C hotkey.

Step 4: Create Control Panel shortcut on desktop.

• Right-click on desktop, click New, and then click Shortcut.
    • In Type the location of the item box, type the following path.
    explorer shell:ControlPanelFolder

• Click Next button.
    • In the Type a name for this shortcut box, type Control Panel, and click Finish button. You can now double-click on the Control Panel icon on the desktop to quickly launch the same.
    Step 5: Pin Control Panel to Start or taskbar.

• In the Start search box, type Control Panel.

• When you see search results, right-click on Control Panel entry and then click Pin to Start to pin it to the Start menu or screen.
    Note: Clicking Pin to taskbar will pin the Control Panel to taskbar.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Jun 25, 2019
  4. TomiM Win User

Windows 10 explorer.exe crashes everytime I try to open Control Panel

Windows 10 crashing after opening control panel or file explorer

Hi,

after upgrading my PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10 I`m experiencing crashes of the OS after opening Control Panel or the File Explorer.I can open Control Panel and the File Explorer without problem but after clicking on anything inside it,it crashes,desktop
    turns black and the taskbar vanishes.After a couple of seconds the desktop and taskbar reappears. Strangely, it happens only with one PC user,on the other user's desktop everything is ok and everything is working fine. Please help with some suggestion.

TomiM, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 explorer.exe crashes everytime I try to open Control Panel

1. Windows 10 explorer.exe crashes everytime I try to open Control Panel - Similar Threads - explorer exe crashes

2. explorer crashes everytime i try to open a folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    explorer crashes everytime i try to open a folder: Windows 11 Pro Insider Preview 22H2 23536.1000 AppName Explorer.EXE AppVersion 10.0.23536.1000 AppTimeStamp 99338d8e ModuleName explorerframe.dll ModuleVersion 10.0.23536.1000 ModuleTimeStamp db47a7b7 ExceptionCode c000041d FaultingOffset 000000000008778d ProcessId 0x23f0...
  3. explorer crashes everytime i try to open a folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    explorer crashes everytime i try to open a folder: Windows 11 Pro Insider Preview 22H2 23536.1000 AppName Explorer.EXE AppVersion 10.0.23536.1000 AppTimeStamp 99338d8e ModuleName explorerframe.dll ModuleVersion 10.0.23536.1000 ModuleTimeStamp db47a7b7 ExceptionCode c000041d FaultingOffset 000000000008778d ProcessId 0x23f0...
  4. Crashes everytime open explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crashes everytime open explorer: Hello I am using this version Edition :Windows 11 Home Insider Preview Single Language Version :22H2 Install :04/‎07/‎2023 Build OS :23493.1000 Serial :MP28F0YZ Experience :Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.23493.1000.0 Everytime i try access windows explorer Windows+E, my...
  5. Crashes everytime open explorer

Crashes everytime open explorer: Hello I am using this version Edition :Windows 11 Home Insider Preview Single Language Version :22H2 Install :04/‎07/‎2023 Build OS :23493.1000 Serial :MP28F0YZ Experience :Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.23493.1000.0 Everytime i try access windows explorer Windows+E, my...
  6. Everytime i open a exe file explorer crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Everytime i open a exe file explorer crashes: Hello! whenever i open exe file my file explorers stops and i cant click anythinh after 1 hour or so it runs the exe files which if i try to force close using task maganger EXPLORER It blacks out my screen and i got to restart any resolve? if so please reply thanks!...
  7. Everytime i open a exe file explorer crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Everytime i open a exe file explorer crashes: Hello! whenever i open exe file my file explorers stops and i cant click anythinh after 1 hour or so it runs the exe files which if i try to force close using task maganger EXPLORER It blacks out my screen and i got to restart any resolve? if so please reply thanks!...
  8. Everytime i open a exe file explorer crashes

9. Windows 10 opening Control Panel closes File Explorer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 opening Control Panel closes File Explorer: On my Surface Pro 4, if I have File Explorer open and then open Control Panel via a search from the Start menu, File Explorer will close and Control Panel will open at the same location and windows size as the File Explorer which was closed. If I open Control Panel first,...
  10. ''Settings'' crashes everytime I try to open it.

in Windows 10 Customization
    ''Settings'' crashes everytime I try to open it.: I have a desktop computer that I have rencently upgraded to Windows 10 version 1809, but now the ''settings'' app crashes everytime Ik try to open it. Can anybody help me fix it?...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. BFD3 crashes every time I try to open the AISO panel