Windows 10: Windows 10 explorer.exe question.

Discus and support Windows 10 explorer.exe question. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi. I'm having some troubles on the execution of explorer.exe, let me explain you.I'm working on a desktop application that starts on user logon and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LoinaFC, Sep 4, 2019.

1. LoinaFC Win User

Windows 10 explorer.exe question.

Hi.

I'm having some troubles on the execution of explorer.exe, let me explain you.I'm working on a desktop application that starts on user logon and so on Fullscreen, but between the user logon and the application execution there's a few seconds that desktop is displayed.

Well, what I want is to prevent explorer.exe from running on logon and instead executing it from myself with my program.

I've disabled explorer.exe modifying the registry key for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE → Software → Microsoft → Windows NT → CurrentVersion → Winlogon to null.

It works, on logon there's nothing displaying until my app pops up.

The problem is that when I execute the explorer.exe from myself, it runs the file explorer and not the desktop and the taskbar.

If I don't disable explorer.exe and instead I let it run, manually kill the process and then execute explorer.exe manually it starts the desktop and the taskbar correctly and not the file explorer.

Does anyone know why is a file explorer popping up instead of desktop and how can I solve it?

It doesn't need to be my solution, if there's another way to NOT show the desktop between the user logon and the app start its okay.

Thank you in advance.

:)

LoinaFC, Sep 4, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 4, 2019
  3. mixa Win User
    Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Windows 10 explorer.exe question. wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

mixa, Sep 4, 2019
  4. Windows 10 explorer.exe question.

Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Sep 4, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 explorer.exe question.

1. Windows 10 explorer.exe question. - Similar Threads - explorer exe question

2. quick question, is aggrevator? aggregator?.exe safe?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    quick question, is aggrevator? aggregator?.exe safe?: i've noticed it running in the backround on my pc in task manager, i've ended it a few times worried about a virus, could i have a straight up answer is it safe? yes or no...
  3. Explorer++ Question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer++ Question: Came across Explorer++ software here where it was included in a build of a rescue media (Win10XPE). Have just started playing with it on my Windows 10 laptop. The question I have is this. As I explore the various features, views, etc., it would be nice to be able to get back...
  4. Explorer question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Explorer question: Hello, just changed to dark theme of windows on my new laptop and this white line appears in explorer that doesen't appear in my desktop pc any ideas? https://imgur.com/LxGywnL submitted by /u/RealScarLord [link] [comments]...
  5. Images not appearing in Windows Explorer(.exe)

in Windows 10 Support
    Images not appearing in Windows Explorer(.exe): Firstly, I apologize advance because..best way describe the reason is... Do not make multiple threads in different sections for the same problem. I don't quite remember if it was here on Ten or Seven Forums, but I searched all my previous posts & threads (both forums) and...
  6. Where are the apps exe file in the windows explorer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where are the apps exe file in the windows explorer?: Hi, I hope you and your family are safe from the virus. May I ask where are the apps exe file in the windows explorer? I want to add shortcut to the startup folder in Windows so the apps I use everyday will auto boot whenever I start up the laptop....
  7. Explorer,EXE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Explorer,EXE: Please help me find a solution on this message; 'The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation' Hoping someone has a simple solution, Thanks...
  8. Windows 10 File Explorer Appearance Question

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 File Explorer Appearance Question: Hello, I have the newbiest question. I could not find a specific solution with internet searches. My question is, when I activated Windows Dark Mode, everything changed except the bottom border of File Explorer. Is there a way to make File Explorer totally dark? (See arrow...
  9. Windows Explorer Question

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Explorer Question: So whenever I want to attach a file to an email for instance and I go to browse thru Windows Explorer, it literally will just sit there "We're Working On It" and it takes a few moments to come up. Any idea what could be causing this? I have 2 256GB SSD's so I hope they're not...
  10. Windows Explorer Question

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer Question: Hi! I hope this doesn't sound stupid...but I just recently did a clean install of windows 10.... When you go to Windows Explorer (you know, where your files are like downloads, documents, photos, music, etc) if you click the home tab on top you see that nifty bar that...
Tags: