Windows 10: Windows 10 explorer.exe refresh on startup. No taskbar access

Discus and support Windows 10 explorer.exe refresh on startup. No taskbar access in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; preface: NO recovery media exists " User= Power user one account full access ish USER= person who only backed up via * sweet person but, drunk roll... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by antiedman, Nov 19, 2019.

1. antiedman Win User

Windows 10 explorer.exe refresh on startup. No taskbar access

preface: NO recovery media exists " User= Power user one account full access ish USER= person who only backed up via * sweet person but, drunk roll please* restore point" USER= person who hard shutdowns every day... A.k.a Long power button push!

Repair tech= Amatureish non-cmd.exe trained Person posting comment! {I typically use Ms. GUI programs now I'm stareing at Admmincmd lord!

User = Full admin.... Yep!

Status before repair/fix/reddit help me actions:

State of build partially known: win 10 feature update 1903. Working fine! User quote "Like I was watching videos and stuff ya know"

Last actions before ⚠️ issue:

1.Switched PC from Tablet mode to desktop mode.

2. Exited all program- Firefox Browser

3. Connected PS4 controller via USB {don't think that's it}

4.Ran ps4windows a ps4 direct input to input wrapper.

5. Ran Jagex Runescape Client!

5.5. Auto-Updated client

6. Forgot password. For runescspe

7. Initiated Runescape password Recovery... Activation initiates webpage on Default browser {firefox} usually = full Cpu load

8. Ended password recovery.

7.left Browser running {heavy process usage}

9. Jagex process took to long to respond. 10. Closed browser window. 12. Jagex crashed as it would... 14. HARD POWER BUTTON SHUTDOWN!

Came home from work!

"Computer loads blank icons on screen attempts to complete load then refreshes and starts again" Taskbar not responding! Computer not loading Gui fully. Gui= Explorer.exe MF. Keeps restarting dam explorer exe.

Current tech solutions taken:

Actions taken: 1. Tech. Bemused 2. Read some ****. {Wannaby pro amature on win 7 and XP utilities but ****. Win 10} 2.1 Cursed out loud 2.9 Ctrl-alt-del 3. Entered into win10 task manager to see if it would stop icon load process 3.5. action 3 Work to solve =No 4. Read about recovery utilities 4.5 entered into Shift restart utilities access screen. 5. Entered into Safemode. 6. Problem repeated 6.3 clicked taskbar winlogo startmenu action button= no response 7. Restarted computer Correctly via Ctrl-alt-del menu 8.boot and signed into user account 9. Entered back into Ctrl-alt-del Shift restart utilities access screen. 10. Human tech Brain blanked out 10.5 restarted my tech brain by reading screen texts 10.5 tryed scf command in cmd Failed to find issues/ cannot fix problem 11. Preformed restore point recovery 12. Went to sleep 14.1 woke up same problem as noted above 15. Read about cmd uninstall programs 16. Found a fourm discussing uninstall PDFShell64.dll from adobe pdf dc See here https://superuser.com/questions/1253687/windows-10-desktop-screen-and-taskbar-keep-refreshing-tried-many-ways-but-stil

Remember Runscape was the last action and explore crash fix info mentions uninstall program
    Ctrl-alt-del Shift restart Safemode CMD
    Contimplating removing the adobe shell and or RuneScape client! Via Admincmd Safemode! I'm lost.... Not a cmd guy... Need help please
    ShareComment1

:)

antiedman, Nov 19, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 19, 2019
  3. Desktop, Taskbar, and Windows Explorer Refresh

Hello,

I did an upgrade then rolled back to Windows 7. I did a clean install of Windows 7 and then a clean install of Windows 10.

I have tried every conceivable Microsoft Community and third party website suggestion to fix the Desktop, Taskbar, and Windows Explorer Refresh after upgrading to Windows 10. I've done Windows Update, the CMD line suggestions, killing processes suggestion,
    restart shift suggestions, safe mode suggestions, etc. Nothing stops the refresh described in the subject line.

Is there some sort of software patch that is needed? Is this a hardware issue conflicting with Windows 10 since I am using a Lenovo computer pre-installed with Windows 7 (I also have the Windows 7 purchased discs).

I haven't a clue how to resolve this issue but the issue is not going away, and I am increasingly frustrated. Windows 7 indicated that my computer was compatible with the Windows 10 upgrade. I am beginning to wonder if that is true.

Respects,

David

DavidANewman, Nov 19, 2019
  4. ChadBonk Win User

Taskbar Refreshing

I've been having a weird issue. Randomly, my taskbar will refresh. Not the icons on the desktop, just the taskbar. Usually when I'm accessing harddrives. None in particular tho. I've updated the graphics cards, so I've ruled out that idea. The computer is a custom build, so no bloatware installed. From what I gather, this just began about two months ago, and I have done a clean install since then. I've checked the reliability history and don't seen anything that would cause concern as far as explorer crashing. Kinda clueless on this one. Any suggestions?

ChadBonk, Nov 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 explorer.exe refresh on startup. No taskbar access - Similar Threads - explorer exe refresh

2. windows taskbar explorer not responding after startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows taskbar explorer not responding after startup: When I boot up my PC, why taskbar seems not to respond.No Programms to launch are loaded, also the icons on the right side beside the clock do not show.I can launch the taskmanager CTRL+SHIFT+ESC and restart the explorer process, but it results in the same behavior as...
  3. Quick Access in Explorer on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Access in Explorer on Taskbar: I have several folders pinned to quick access. Typically, these show up in the windows explorer I have pinned to my taskbar. I can right-click the folder icon, and all of my quick access folders show up to go to directly. Today, these have disappeared. I still have my...
  4. Windows 10, File Explorer causing desktop, taskbar & files to refresh

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10, File Explorer causing desktop, taskbar & files to refresh: I noticed my taskbar icons and desktop icons were auto-refreshing, but it only happens when I have opened File Explorer. I have alot of files that are PDF and I recently received a notification saying that due to an error, the pdf viewer reset to default. Now whenever I open...
  5. Windows explorer not refreshing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows explorer not refreshing: Hello,Windows explorer not refreshing. In folders where video files are, there were thumbnails (small picture of the video clip). Now there are only medium icons with "mp4" text inside.Once when I opened such a folder, there was a yellow progress bar running at the upper side...
  6. Windows 10 icons refreshing in taskbar

Windows 10 icons refreshing in taskbar: Hello, i have a problem. Into a randomly moment in taskbar the icons from him are refreshing, and i'm very upset. What can i do to resolve this problem? I've rebuilded the icon cache, i've restarted Explorer.exe, but nothing. What can I do?...
  7. Windows 10 icons refresh in taskbar

Windows 10 icons refresh in taskbar: Hi, why the icons in taskbar are refreshing into a randomly moment or when I copy something on clipboard? This is very stupid and I don't know why they are refreshing....
  8. Windows 10 Taskbar Refreshing

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Taskbar Refreshing: Hello, I have a peculiar problem regarding my taskbar. Every time I click on ANY MP3 file it will automatically freeze the my documents window then refresh the taskbar and desktop. On top of this my windows start menu doesn't work either. Solutions I have tried: I do not...
  9. Taskbar Refreshing

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Refreshing: I've been having a weird issue. Randomly, my taskbar will refresh. Not the icons on the desktop, just the taskbar. Usually when I'm accessing harddrives. None in particular tho. I've updated the graphics cards, so I've ruled out that idea. The computer is a custom build, so...
  10. Taskbar Refresh

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Refresh: I was curious to know if this was something common in any of the updates for Win10. Currently running OS Build 16299.402 of 1709. Everytime I open a program (usually which are Adobe titles) and I go to file open or to a file save, the first time I click on either of these,...