Windows 10: windows 10 - explorer.exe this file does not have an app - the error shows from time to...

Discus and support windows 10 - explorer.exe this file does not have an app - the error shows from time to... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This error shows automatically, even when I am doing nothing with the system. I cannot find any information from the system log. I have searched... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Francis_HK, Sep 9, 2019.

1. windows 10 - explorer.exe this file does not have an app - the error shows from time to...

This error shows automatically, even when I am doing nothing with the system. I cannot find any information from the system log. I have searched online, but no correct answer.

I have reset the file association already and the error is still coming up.

Great Thanks

:)

Francis_HK, Sep 9, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 9, 2019
  3. zephyrus Win User
    some .exe files hang

In the last 48 hours, some .exe files do not execute. If started from explorer, explorer hangs. No error messages. These files run on another Win 10 machine. Nothing obvious in the event viewer. I note that *.exe file cannot be deleted when the system is in this state. I must reboot to regain access to the .exe file. sfc /scannnow shows no errors.

Any suggestions?

zephyrus, Sep 9, 2019
  4. windows 10 - explorer.exe this file does not have an app - the error shows from time to...

Windows 10 Search doesn't include any *.EXE files

Hi,

The .exe files in Windows 10 are classified as "applications" that's why the returned search results are not showing them as .exe files. You need to change the view settings of
    File Explorer for you to be able to view them as .exe files. To do so, kindly follow these steps:

• Type file explorer on the search bar.
    • Click on File Explorer.
    • Click on View.
    • Click on Options.
    • Click on Change folder and search options.
    • Click on View.
    • Under Advanced settings, uncheck Hide extensions for known file types.
    • Click on OK.

Let us know if you need further assistance with your concern.

Joshua Her1, Sep 9, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 - explorer.exe this file does not have an app - the error shows from time to...

1. windows 10 - explorer.exe this file does not have an app - the error shows from time to... - Similar Threads - explorer exe file

2. Uninstalling from Apps and features: "this file does not have a program associated with it...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Uninstalling from Apps and features: "this file does not have a program associated with it...: On every single Windows installation, on every single computer I've been using - fresh install, OEM install, upgrade install... I've always encountered this problem. When trying to uninstall from Apps and features it cannot uninstall some apps/software and end up with the...
  3. This file does not have an app associated with it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This file does not have an app associated with it: The early August update (at least that is when it f*cked my machine) changed a lot of stuff Is use regularly. The worst problem for me is that the .PAR2 files have a different icon then before which prevents using the .PAR2 files from doing there checking of the down loaded...
  4. Windows 7 does not show Windows 10 in explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 7 does not show Windows 10 in explorer: My Windows 7 explorer does not show my Windows 10. My Windows 7 can map drives to my Win 10. My Win 7 cannot save files to my Win 10. When I type Win 10's name (\\NEIL) into Win 7 run box an explorer opens up showing both PCs. If I close it and open it again the Win 10 is...
  5. Full Network Does Not Show in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Full Network Does Not Show in File Explorer: When I open File Explorer and click on the Network icon in the left margin, I see multiple devices but I do not see all of my PCs. I have 3 PCs (all running Win 10 home version) and on one of the PCs the only PC that shows is the PC that I am running File Explorer. On another...
  6. Taskbar does not show time

Taskbar does not show time: My taskbar has arrows where I need to click to see all of my apps. The date and time do not show either. I cannot find a way to get it back to normal. Please help me....
  7. Windows 10 does not pass target to Legacy exe apps

Windows 10 does not pass target to Legacy exe apps: Under Windows 10, when I try to open a file using "Open With" any legacy exe, the program opens without opening the target, i.e. the file is not passed as an argument to the program. This also happens if I assign the program as the default app for particular file types. These...
  8. .exe file for Calendar App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .exe file for Calendar App: Hi all, So, the title says it all - I need to find the .exe file for the W10 built-in Calendar App. A simple shortcut file won't do, because the Logitech Options software for my mouse (MX Master) won't allow to configure a mouse button to it. Yes, I did try. An...
  9. Windows Explorer showing error.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer showing error.: After installing visual basics dlls.. After some minutes my windows Explorer started showing error.. This file does not have a program association with it for performing this action. Please install a program or l, if one is already installed, create an association in the...
  10. File Explorer - Quick Access Does Not Show Recent Files

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer - Quick Access Does Not Show Recent Files: For some strange reasons, File Explorer no longer shows the Recent files. Is there any way to fix this?*Rolleyes 58261
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. explorer.exe this file does not have an app

2. explorer.exe does not have an app associated

3. explorer.exe file doesnot have an app associated

4. windows 10 explorer.exe this file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action,
  5. explorer.exe this file does not have an app associated,
  6. explorer.exe this file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action,
  7. explorer.exe popup this file does not have an app,
  8. file explorer does not have an app,
  9. explorer.exe error file does not have an app,
  10. explorer.exe does not have app associated