Windows 10: windows 10 - explorer.exe this file does not have an app - the error shows from time to...

Discus and support windows 10 - explorer.exe this file does not have an app - the error shows from time to... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This error shows automatically, even when I am doing nothing with the system. I cannot find any information from the system log. I have searched... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Francis_HK, Sep 9, 2019.

1. windows 10 - explorer.exe this file does not have an app - the error shows from time to...

This error shows automatically, even when I am doing nothing with the system. I cannot find any information from the system log. I have searched online, but no correct answer.

I have reset the file association already and the error is still coming up.

Great Thanks

:)

Francis_HK, Sep 9, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 9, 2019
  3. zephyrus Win User
    some .exe files hang

In the last 48 hours, some .exe files do not execute. If started from explorer, explorer hangs. No error messages. These files run on another Win 10 machine. Nothing obvious in the event viewer. I note that *.exe file cannot be deleted when the system is in this state. I must reboot to regain access to the .exe file. sfc /scannnow shows no errors.

Any suggestions?

zephyrus, Sep 9, 2019
  4. windows 10 - explorer.exe this file does not have an app - the error shows from time to...

Windows 10 Search doesn't include any *.EXE files

Hi,

The .exe files in Windows 10 are classified as "applications" that's why the returned search results are not showing them as .exe files. You need to change the view settings of
    File Explorer for you to be able to view them as .exe files. To do so, kindly follow these steps:

• Type file explorer on the search bar.
    • Click on File Explorer.
    • Click on View.
    • Click on Options.
    • Click on Change folder and search options.
    • Click on View.
    • Under Advanced settings, uncheck Hide extensions for known file types.
    • Click on OK.

Let us know if you need further assistance with your concern.

Joshua Her1, Sep 9, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 - explorer.exe this file does not have an app - the error shows from time to...

1. windows 10 - explorer.exe this file does not have an app - the error shows from time to... - Similar Threads - explorer exe file

2. File explorer keeps freezing every time I run an .exe File

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer keeps freezing every time I run an .exe File: for some reason every time I try and install an exe like DiscordSetup.exe or any other exe. My file explorer will freeze for ever and I cant exit out of it and it opens windows dialog and I cant close that either and then later on it will open up the exe in like 5-10 minutes...
  3. File does not have an app associated error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File does not have an app associated error: This has been an on & off almost daily issue where, at random times, no new apps can be opened, the taskbar and start menu stop working, etc. Attempting to open any app or file will give the error: "This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action....
  4. File does not have an app associated error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File does not have an app associated error: This has been an on & off almost daily issue where, at random times, no new apps can be opened, the taskbar and start menu stop working, etc. Attempting to open any app or file will give the error: "This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action....
  5. File does not have an app associated error

6. Windows search box does not show indexed files - file explorer does

Windows search box does not show indexed files - file explorer does: What the title says. I've checked the 'index properties and file contents' box in the advanced options for indexing. I have rebuilt my index at least 2 times. I thought that my indexing was not working - but it does. I know this because I can search for file contents through...
  7. Windows 10 File explorer does not keep creation time crtime

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 File explorer does not keep creation time crtime: Hello Windows developers, I have been a macOS user for years and have installed macOS 11 Big Sur on my old MacBook, but I want to switch completely to Windows 10. I have always used a 1 TB external hard drive exFAT as file system and all the files and folders I created on...
  8. This file does not have an app

This file does not have an app: When I insert a Jump Drive in my computer I get the message "This File Does Not Have an App Associated with It for Performing This Action Solution. Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Apps Settings page " I'm new to...
  9. Where are the apps exe file in the windows explorer?

Where are the apps exe file in the windows explorer?: Hi, I hope you and your family are safe from the virus. May I ask where are the apps exe file in the windows explorer? I want to add shortcut to the startup folder in Windows so the apps I use everyday will auto boot whenever I start up the laptop....
  10. Windows 10 apps and .exe files not starting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 apps and .exe files not starting: Version: Windows 10 Pro 1909 Apps installed from Microsoft store are not opening and I can't install software because nothing happens when I try to open .exe files. There is no message and when I run as admin, after I press yes on the pop up it just disappears and nothing...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. explorer.exe this file does not have an app

2. explorer.exe does not have an app associated

3. explorer.exe this file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action

4. file explorer does not have an app,
  5. explorer.exe error file does not have an app,
  6. this file does not have an app associated,
  7. explorer.exe does not have app associated,
  8. explorer.exe this file does not have an app associated,
  9. explorer.exe file doesnot have an app associated,
  10. explorer.exe this file does not have,
  11. error. explorer.exe the file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action,
  12. cannot install apps this file does not have a,
  13. explorer exe does not have an app associated,
  14. this file does not have an app,
  15. windows explorer does not have associated app