Windows 10: Windows 10 explorer.exe won't start the way I need it

Discus and support Windows 10 explorer.exe won't start the way I need it in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello guys. I am using a Surface Go Running Windows 10 1803 x64 Home and I have a critical question. File explorer now crashes when selecting multiple... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LOLRyan2006, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Windows 10 explorer.exe won't start the way I need it

Hello guys. I am using a Surface Go Running Windows 10 1803 x64 Home and I have a critical question. File explorer now crashes when selecting multiple items to move to One Drive. I am running low on space and when I start explorer.exe, no taskbar, no desktop shortcuts, no backgrounds, no sound, no ANYTHING!!! At least I have a dock and Program Manager 3.51.

Additional information:

I am currently offline

I have low-disk space and I have an SD card with 64 GB

I have to install a VM to see more Windows features (Installing on SD Card, but drains C:/ Drive available space for no reason)

Please help me!!!

:)

LOLRyan2006, Mar 9, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 9, 2019
  3. Lumia 830 main camera won`t start

After windows 10 update my lumia 830 camera won`t start . It says Camera won`t start . I tried other camera apps but camera still not work . Front camera working plz help me . I did hard reset , soft reset , downgraded to 8.1 but problem still persist

CahangirTahirov, Mar 9, 2019
  4. Windows 10 explorer.exe won't start the way I need it

Windows 10 won´t start any program as Administrator

Hello. I´m having this issue since installed one of the latest Windows 10 system updates.

When I try to open any program that requires Administrator confirmation (that screen with the Yes/No question), this dialog won´t appear anymore. The screen background stays darkened and nothing happens.

1. Using Windows 10 Home (x64)
    2. My microsoft user account is properly checked
    3. I´m the administrator of the PC
    4. Already tried do create another administrator user account - same problem, no success
    5. Cannot start any program/service that requires administrator authorization (not even regedit)
    Please help!

Fabiano Lehmkuhl, Mar 9, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 explorer.exe won't start the way I need it

1. Windows 10 explorer.exe won't start the way I need it - Similar Threads - explorer exe won't

2. File Explorer Won't Start from Start Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Won't Start from Start Menu: I can no longer start File Explorer from the Start Menu link, or task bar link on Win 11. When pressed the screen goes off, reappears without icons or task bar then goes back to normal. File Explorer isn't visible but is running in Task Manager. Shortcuts to existing folders...
  3. File Explorer Won't Start from Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Won't Start from Start Menu: I can no longer start File Explorer from the Start Menu link, or task bar link on Win 11. When pressed the screen goes off, reappears without icons or task bar then goes back to normal. File Explorer isn't visible but is running in Task Manager. Shortcuts to existing folders...
  4. Explorer won't start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer won't start: So recently I updated my bios and now it won't start explorer. Help plz! I have a Lenovo IdeaPad 5 15ll0l something like that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/explorer-wont-start/a297e71d-4a6d-4c4e-9860-728198e8d8f9
  5. Explorer won't start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer won't start: So recently I updated my bios and now it won't start explorer. Help plz! I have a Lenovo IdeaPad 5 15ll0l something like that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/explorer-wont-start/a297e71d-4a6d-4c4e-9860-728198e8d8f9
  6. Windows 10 won't open some exes files.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 won't open some exes files.: Recently I reinstalled windows 10 home on my computer and when installing all my programs, not all the installers will open, I double click on the file and It seems that it starts loading something but never opens it. I already have tried checking system files integrity with...
  7. Explorer,EXE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Explorer,EXE: Please help me find a solution on this message; 'The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation' Hoping someone has a simple solution, Thanks...
  8. Is there a way to recover a Windows 10 Product Key if Windows won't start?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is there a way to recover a Windows 10 Product Key if Windows won't start?: Hello Everyone, Before I ask the question, here's the situation: I'm trying to help out a work colleauge whose personal laptop, a Toshiba Satelite that began life with Windows 8 (Sorry, it's not with me as I type this, so I can't be more specific than that), is not...
  9. Windows 10 apps and .exe files not starting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 apps and .exe files not starting: Version: Windows 10 Pro 1909 Apps installed from Microsoft store are not opening and I can't install software because nothing happens when I try to open .exe files. There is no message and when I run as admin, after I press yes on the pop up it just disappears and nothing...
  10. Internet Explorer won't start after windows 10 update

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer won't start after windows 10 update: After latest update of windows 10 few days ago, IE will not start. I have tried system file checker that didn't detect anything. I tried disabling and re-enabling IE from "turn windows features on or off", but still nothing. I have scanned with malwarebytes, superantispyware...
Tags: