Windows 10: Windows 10 Explorer freezing and lagging randomly

Discus and support Windows 10 Explorer freezing and lagging randomly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have had this problem before, windows explorer is freezing and causing other programs to lag, even as i am writing this i type and have to wait more... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Lion King86, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Explorer freezing and lagging randomly

I have had this problem before, windows explorer is freezing and causing other programs to lag, even as i am writing this i type and have to wait more than 5 sec for the text on screen to appear. file explorer glitches from dark mode occasionally turning white and scrolling to the top of the page periodically. if i restart it gets better but as time goes, it gets worse up to type point that it becomes unusable it seems to get worse when online or on a network. last time it just sorted itself out but this time it seems to be taking longer, has anyone been successful in solving this problem?

:)

Lion King86, Aug 7, 2019

2. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Aug 7, 2019
  3. Win 10 Windows Explorer started freezing randomly

Hi,

Provide the answers to the following for us to be able to learn more about the issue you're experiencing with your File Explorer:

• Is your Windows 10 up-to-date?
    • Are your drivers updated? If not yet, you can follow the steps found on this
      link
      on how to update your drivers in Windows 10.
    • What are the changes made or the things you've done before your File Explorer freezes randomly?

Regards.

Michelle Her, Aug 7, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Explorer freezing and lagging randomly

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Explorer freezing and lagging randomly

1. Windows 10 Explorer freezing and lagging randomly - Similar Threads - Explorer freezing lagging

2. Random Lag

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random Lag: 2 days ago, my computer just started running like 10x slower than before. Games run horrible, things open very slowly, bringing up taskbar is stuttery. this has never happened to me before and I have always been able to run games fast until now. Need help. Specs: GTX 1070...
  3. Windows 10 freezes randomly

Windows 10 freezes randomly: On Sunday, I started having issues with my computer. At what seem to be random times, everything on my screen except my mouse will freeze, including app icons on the task bar; if I hover over them, nothing happens. My mouse will continue moving for anywhere between 3 and...
  4. Windows 10 random freeze and lag due to pagefile settings

Windows 10 random freeze and lag due to pagefile settings: Hello, I am facing a strange problem on Windows 10. The OS shows lags and random freezes, in particular with multimedia applications like Netflix (both dedicated app and browser, tested on edge, chrome and firefox) but also with VLC and other media players. The same...
  5. Windows 10 freezes randomly

Windows 10 freezes randomly: Hello, Windows 10 freezes randomly, nothing works, not the keyboard or the touchpad! The only ways to unfreeze it is: By unplugging and replugging the charger again, consequently, laptop unfreezes and I find everything I tried to do while it was freezing stacked and...
  6. Windows 10 freezes randomly

Windows 10 freezes randomly: Hi! My Windows 10 Machine has gone into a freezing state tre times today. And i have to do a Hard shutdown to get it back up. I taught to my self 2 times is a coincidence and 3 is a pattern!. The thing is, i havent installed or updated anything on it for the past few...
  7. Windows 10 Freezing randomly

Windows 10 Freezing randomly: Hi! I have a problem with Windows 10. My computer freezes randomly, sometimes when I'm playing games, sometimes when surfing, ect. I do not get a BSOD, everything just freezes, just like this. I have tried updating my graphic drivers, as well as my SSD firmware. 18906
  8. Windows 10 freezes randomly

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 freezes randomly: Hi! I have been getting these random freezes a couple of times now which locks up the entire system and forces me to do a hard restart and i have tried EVERYTHING to resolve it, but no luck. I tried updating all drivers to the newest, did a sfc /scannow which repaired all the...
  9. Windows 10 Freezing Randomly

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Freezing Randomly: So I recently upgraded to Win 10 from 7. After the upgrade I am experiencing random freezes that require me to do a hard shutdown to get going again. The freezes seem to only happen when gaming or watching videos. All of my drivers are up to date and I have run all of the...
  10. File Explorer is lagging and freezing

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer is lagging and freezing: This is a very annoying problem I have in Windows 10. It has been like this for 2 weeks and after a lot of searching and posting in forums, I haven't got any fix whatsoever. I'll explain my problem: If I open This PC (for example) icon on my desktop, all of my RAM and CPU...