Windows 10: Windows 10 Explorer freezing and lagging randomly

Discus and support Windows 10 Explorer freezing and lagging randomly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have had this problem before, windows explorer is freezing and causing other programs to lag, even as i am writing this i type and have to wait more... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Lion King86, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Explorer freezing and lagging randomly

I have had this problem before, windows explorer is freezing and causing other programs to lag, even as i am writing this i type and have to wait more than 5 sec for the text on screen to appear. file explorer glitches from dark mode occasionally turning white and scrolling to the top of the page periodically. if i restart it gets better but as time goes, it gets worse up to type point that it becomes unusable it seems to get worse when online or on a network. last time it just sorted itself out but this time it seems to be taking longer, has anyone been successful in solving this problem?

:)

Lion King86, Aug 7, 2019

2. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Aug 7, 2019
  3. Win 10 Windows Explorer started freezing randomly

Hi,

Provide the answers to the following for us to be able to learn more about the issue you're experiencing with your File Explorer:

• Is your Windows 10 up-to-date?
    • Are your drivers updated? If not yet, you can follow the steps found on this
      link
      on how to update your drivers in Windows 10.
    • What are the changes made or the things you've done before your File Explorer freezes randomly?

Regards.

Michelle Her, Aug 7, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Explorer freezing and lagging randomly

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Explorer freezing and lagging randomly

1. Windows 10 Explorer freezing and lagging randomly - Similar Threads - Explorer freezing lagging

2. Windows explorer randomly freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows explorer randomly freezes: From time to time, windows explorer will stop working, leaving me with the active window barely working, unable to use shortcuts like atl+tab, or altf4.After a while in vegetative state, the computer will reboot.A strong guess is that discord desktop is the culprit but it...
  3. Windows explorer randomly freezes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows explorer randomly freezes: From time to time, windows explorer will stop working, leaving me with the active window barely working, unable to use shortcuts like atl+tab, or altf4.After a while in vegetative state, the computer will reboot.A strong guess is that discord desktop is the culprit but it...
  4. Windows explorer randomly freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 11 explorer freez and lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 explorer freez and lag: Windows explorer freezes and does not respond for about 8 seconds after 10 or so minutes of inactivity on the screen. When it is used, everything is fine. So, if I use the computer, everything is fine, but when I stop using it and leave it standing for about 10 or so minutes...
  6. Windows 11 explorer freez and lag

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 explorer freez and lag: Windows explorer freezes and does not respond for about 8 seconds after 10 or so minutes of inactivity on the screen. When it is used, everything is fine. So, if I use the computer, everything is fine, but when I stop using it and leave it standing for about 10 or so minutes...
  7. Random UI freezes bad lag

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random UI freezes bad lag: wish i knew why my pc was stuttering lately. i get some serious UI lag now or like click the start menu button and nothing happens for like a minute or no windows load and shit like that then it happens all at once. i thought maybe it was hardware related but now im wondering...
  8. Random & Brief PC Lag/Freezing

Random & Brief PC Lag/Freezing: So for a while now, I have been having problems in applications such as games and in web browsers where what I am doing seemingly freezes for around a second before rapidly catching up. For example, it did it as I was wiring this very message. I typed in ar then everything...
  9. Windows 10 random freeze and lag due to pagefile settings

Windows 10 random freeze and lag due to pagefile settings: Hello, I am facing a strange problem on Windows 10. The OS shows lags and random freezes, in particular with multimedia applications like Netflix (both dedicated app and browser, tested on edge, chrome and firefox) but also with VLC and other media players. The same...
  10. File Explorer is lagging and freezing

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer is lagging and freezing: This is a very annoying problem I have in Windows 10. It has been like this for 2 weeks and after a lot of searching and posting in forums, I haven't got any fix whatsoever. I'll explain my problem: If I open This PC (for example) icon on my desktop, all of my RAM and CPU...