Windows 10: Windows 10 Explorer - How to create new user defined Column Head

Discus and support Windows 10 Explorer - How to create new user defined Column Head in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I need to define new column head for Windows 10 Explorer file display. It seems I can only 'choose' from a very long list of available column titles... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Shrikant Vasudeo, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Explorer - How to create new user defined Column Head

I need to define new column head for Windows 10 Explorer file display. It seems I can only 'choose' from a very long list of available column titles but I can notCREATE my own custom header.

Also, can I RENAME or MODIFY an existing column header?

Please guide.

:)

Shrikant Vasudeo, Aug 2, 2020

2. File Explorer Column Headings Keep Resetting

Hi,

To resolve the issue with File Explorer Column Headings, you may follow these steps below:

• Click on View Tab.

• Click
      Folder
      Options.

• Click
      Apply to all folders.

Keep us informed for further assistance.

Regards.

Joseph Ban, Aug 2, 2020
  3. Ernie San Win User
    why won't column headings in File Explorer (Windows 10) stay the way I set them??

Hello,

To resolve the issue with column heading on File Explorer, we suggest to follow the steps below:

• Click on the View Tab.
    • Click Folder Options.

• Click Apply to all folders.
    Keep us posted.

Regards.

Ernie San, Aug 2, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Explorer - How to create new user defined Column Head

In Windows 10 File Explorer, View, Details option can i add a user defined column and use it for sorting?

Hi,

columns in Explorer are pre-defined and there is no user interface to create a new one. May be someone wrote a third-party program to do this but I never heard about.

Igor Leyko, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Explorer - How to create new user defined Column Head

1. Windows 10 Explorer - How to create new user defined Column Head - Similar Threads - Explorer create user

2. File Explorer "This PC\Desktop" Date column shows date created with heading "Date" only -...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer "This PC\Desktop" Date column shows date created with heading "Date" only -...: When I open a folder on my Desktop by clicking on the folder icon on the desktop or from File Explorer via This PC\Local Disk C:\Users\[username]\Desktop\Folder\ABC, or pretty much anywhere else except This PC\Desktop the Date column shows Date Modified.If I open it in File...
  3. File Explorer "This PC\Desktop" Date column shows date created with heading "Date" only -...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer "This PC\Desktop" Date column shows date created with heading "Date" only -...: When I open a folder on my Desktop by clicking on the folder icon on the desktop or from File Explorer via This PC\Local Disk C:\Users\[username]\Desktop\Folder\ABC, or pretty much anywhere else except This PC\Desktop the Date column shows Date Modified.If I open it in File...
  4. File Explorer "This PC\Desktop" Date column shows date created with heading "Date" only -...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Permanent Windows Explorer folder view settings system wide AND column headings.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Permanent Windows Explorer folder view settings system wide AND column headings.: I haven't been able to find a solution to my specific problemI know how to change the list feature and add/remove column headings for particular folders. But I would like to permanently choose the default list type and column headings for Windows Explorer . I want to be able...
  6. How to create User Defined custom command for Windows Run tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to create User Defined custom command for Windows Run tool: After opening Run tool in the Windows Start menu, if I put the command %LocalAppData% then a folder opens in the windows explorer. Now I would like to have my own command so that if I press that command in Run tool then my own folder will open. For example, I have a folder in...
  7. How to create User Defined custom command for Windows Run tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to create User Defined custom command for Windows Run tool: After opening Run tool in the Windows Start menu, if I put the command %LocalAppData% then a folder opens in the windows explorer. Now I would like to have my own command so that if I press that command in Run tool then my own folder will open. For example, I have a folder in...
  8. Auto-Define Column Width Dynamically in File Explorer: Size all columns to fit (as a...

Auto-Define Column Width Dynamically in File Explorer: Size all columns to fit (as a...: Size all columns to fit (as a default view). I thought the former question asked was a fairly straight-forward question, especially since I typed the request into Google almost verbatim so of course a) the question was, indeed, straightforward; b) from the fact that there...
  9. Create Custom Details Column (Windows 10 File Explorer)

Create Custom Details Column (Windows 10 File Explorer): I generally use the "details" view in Windows File Explorer a lot. This is an example: [img] As you can see, I can sort my file types in various ways by clicking on the different columns at the top. However, I have a question: Is it possible to create a custom...
  10. File Explorer Column Headings

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Column Headings: Hello, Each time I make a new folder to store there some media files such as music or video, imediantly the column headings (automaticaly) are (except the name), as follows: # , Title, Contributing Artists, Album. So I have to click on each heading to change it (except...