Windows 10: Windows 10 Explorer is not responding

Discus and support Windows 10 Explorer is not responding in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, My windows explorer is not responding at all. So this happens - When I start my windows after a few secs when I click on file explorer and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Adarsh_781, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Explorer is not responding

Hello,

My windows explorer is not responding at all. So this happens -
    When I start my windows after a few secs when I click on file explorer and clicks on any file then the explorer is not responding and after that, it goes black screen too. I have to abruptly restart from the power switch.

Already tried a few methods that not worked so far :

1. Ending explorer.exe from task manager and restart explorer.exe.
    2. Running sfc /scannow has shown no files have been damaged or corrupted.

Thank You

:)

Adarsh_781, Oct 20, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 20, 2020
  3. Error: "Internet Explorer is not responding" and "Website not responding" while accessing the browser on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your response and information.

As Windows 10 as Microsoft Edge in-built browser, I suggest you to try that browser and check if this issue persists.

For the issues with Internet Explorer try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click onInternet Explorer Performance and follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 2: I suggest you to turn off and on Internet Explorer and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R, type Control Panel
      and hit Enter.
    • Click on Programs and Features.
    • Click on Turn Windows features on or off from the left pane.
    • Uncheck Internet Explorer, click on Ok.
    • Restart the computer and repeat the same as above to place a check mark on Internet Explorer.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 20, 2020
  4. mixa Win User

Windows 10 Explorer is not responding

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Windows 10 Explorer is not responding wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

Thema:

Windows 10 Explorer is not responding

1. Windows 10 Explorer is not responding - Similar Threads - Explorer responding

2. Windows Explorer has been not responding for over a year

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer has been not responding for over a year: Does anone else see behaviour like this? Dev channel 20262. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-has-been-not-responding-for-over/2b7137c8-5354-4eda-b3db-3760ffd572b1
  3. Windows explorer not responding

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows explorer not responding: Hi from Romania! I have a asus vivobook laptop with AMD RYZEN 3 now i have some problems at explorer more info here:https://streamable.com/czgi6d Edit:That record was on my pause...
  4. DVD drive causing "Not Responding" on explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DVD drive causing "Not Responding" on explorer: Whenever I try to put any disk inside drive it causes whole computer explorer.exe most notably to stop responding and forces me to restart using power button. Drive shouldn't be defective as this problem only occurs when using Windows 10 and doesn't have any problems...
  5. File Explorer Not Responding with MS Office Files

File Explorer Not Responding with MS Office Files: Every time I open File Explorer Windows 10, version 20H2, OS build 19042.630, it works perfectly fine until I click on a Word, Excel or Powerpoint document. The window freezes and is "Not Responding". This happens when I double-click to open the file, and even when I just...
  6. File explorer not responding?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer not responding?: Guys for the past few weeks file explorer has been getting slower and slower and lately it has been unresponsive all the time. One click, unresponsive. So I search online for help and it told me to try using task manager to restart and open the app. I did that, it didn't...
  7. File explorer - stops responding

File explorer - stops responding: Hello everybody, I need your assistance please . When i launch file explorer on my Windows 10 machine, it stops responding freezes . I have tried the below troubleshooting steps without any joy. Killed the program in the task manager, tried to relaunch again Control...
  8. How can i fix file explorer consant not responding

How can i fix file explorer consant not responding: File explorer always random says not responding then crashes. After open some times dragging files opens the loading part that shows when it completes but stops and 0 then says not responding then crashes, and the files thumbnails randomly go blank. What is the cause of this?...
  9. Have the same problem where file explorer is not responding, my apps all still run, desktop...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Have the same problem where file explorer is not responding, my apps all still run, desktop...: I did sfc /scannow as i saw from previous thread, Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them. For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For...
  10. Windows Explorer "Not Responding" after Opening Word 2007 Document

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer "Not Responding" after Opening Word 2007 Document: I'm using Windows 10 Pro, version 2004, Build 19041.508. A few weeks ago and out of the blue, Windows Explorer began "not responding" when I attempted to open a Word 2007 .docx file. When I click on the .docx file and then immediately attempt to switch to Explorer, I...