Windows 10: Windows 10 explorer issues on mkv files

Discus and support Windows 10 explorer issues on mkv files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I've try the thumbnails option and VLC active, like someone i have problem with 10% of my MKV cause a loooong freeze. If someone have now a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by 17132, Sep 12, 2015.

1. Damn3d Win User

Windows 10 explorer issues on mkv files

Hi,

I've try the thumbnails option and VLC active, like someone i have problem with 10% of my MKV cause a loooong freeze.

If someone have now a solution... i'm open to hear it.

Thanks *Smile

Damn3d, Oct 17, 2015
  2. vexorg Win User

The only time I've seen .mkv files used is on torrent sites *Wink , What program actually uses them?

Or use winff to convert them to something more friendly if windows 10 doesn't like mkv

vexorg, Oct 17, 2015
  3. phorris Win User
    i think that this thread is about the same problems mentioned here:
    Slow refresh of icons - Windows 10 Forums

i just posted a reply there but also could not find a solution when clicking on the problematic mkvs. just for the slow loading when opening the folder that contains the mkv.

phorris, Oct 17, 2015
  4. Datapod Win User

Since you asked. *Wink

MKV File Format | Play MKV Files | DivX.com

What is Matroska? | Matroska

MKV is a flexible, open standard video file format that has quickly become the preferred file extension for high definition video on the Internet. The MKV container can include video, audio, and features such as alternate audio tracks, multilingual subtitles and chapter points, as well as rich metadata including cover art, ratings, descriptions and more. MKV offers a richer media experience than any other current format, and that’s why we chose it as the file container for DivX Plus® video.

Matroska - Wikipedia

In addition to the above it's a flexable, convenient, fast way to rip a large DVD/Blu-Ray collection to NAS for streaming to different devices over LAN while retaining the "disc features."

They're playable with pretty much any modern media player and will stream from most device oriented media servers. (Twonky etc...)

Anecdotally I have a large collection and have not experienced this OP's difficulties. May not be a "Windows problem" per se....

Datapod, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 explorer issues on mkv files - Similar Threads - explorer issues mkv

2. Thumbnail issue (mp4/mkv)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Thumbnail issue (mp4/mkv): Greetings, Since the new update of this week I am experiencing some issues regarding thumbnails of mp4 and mkv files. When I download or create new files the thumbnail of the new file will not work and show as the default pictogram instead (even if the thumbnail is custom...
  3. File explorer issues in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer issues in Windows 10: I just started having trouble today with my file explorer. I scan in files as a pdf. I then rename them while viewing them in the preview pane. I can no longer see the file in the preview pane after they have been renamed. Screen shot attached....
  4. File explorer issues in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer issues in Windows 10: I just started having trouble today with my file explorer. I scan in files as a pdf. I then rename them while viewing them in the preview pane. I can no longer see the file in the preview pane after they have been renamed. Screen shot attached....
  5. Cast To Device feature and on-going issues with .MKV files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cast To Device feature and on-going issues with .MKV files: When casting a video file that is an MKV, Cast-To seems to have the best issues. It does not allow skipping ahead or backwards, audio quality is poorer or usually more quiet, will suspend itself after having paused for more than a few minutes or will randomly close itself...
  6. supporting .mkv files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    supporting .mkv files: Hello, I am an aspiring youtuber that does not have software and uses Photos. recently i have been using OBS studio and saw that Photos does not support .mkv fileswhat obs saves recordings as. I am wondering if you guys could start supporting .mkv files! -thirtymoredays...
  7. mkv files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    mkv files: was backing up a bluray disc to mkv using handbrake. some files i could play and others I could not, why? Played back on windows media player. any help would be graciously appreciated...
  8. 1803 update - No more file details in Windows Explorer columns for mkv

in Windows 10 Support
    1803 update - No more file details in Windows Explorer columns for mkv: and e.g. frame height and width are no longer listed for almost all mkv files and some mp4 files. strangely, some few mkv files work, though most dont display properties in windows file explorer since the 1803 update. apparently this seems to be an issue looking at the...
  9. How to add details to mkv files for explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to add details to mkv files for explorer?: Hi, is there any way to add details to mkv files and with details I mean for example year? So I can sort my mkv files in folder by year? [img] 86947
  10. windows 10 file explorer issue

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 file explorer issue: I have one small issue. I was using win 7 and got upgraded to win 10 and everything was working fine. I have been using win 10 since August or September 2015. recently the location of the file explorer changed from the left side to the right side and I am not able...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows explorer mkv not showing rame height

2. windows 10 mkv width

3. windows 10 mkv files issue

4. windows 10 file explorer unable to show mkv frame width and height