Windows 10: Windows 10 explorer keeps freezing & hanging up. All apps work but Windows Explorer does...

Discus and support Windows 10 explorer keeps freezing & hanging up. All apps work but Windows Explorer does... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I was trying to run a game for the first time and I got it to launch. However when I tried to change the graphics settings to “fullscreen,” the game... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by gesmiyashiro, Oct 21, 2021.

1. Windows 10 explorer keeps freezing & hanging up. All apps work but Windows Explorer does...

So I was trying to run a game for the first time and I got it to launch. However when I tried to change the graphics settings to “fullscreen,” the game froze and when I tried moving my mouse, I kept hearing a beeping sound until I stopped moving it.I restarted Windows to see if it fixed the issue but it got stuck on “Restarting.” I had to force shut it down. When it booted up, everything worked as normal, except when I tried to open windows explorer, it froze. Just says “not responding.”Certain apps open fine unless it requires accessing Windows explorer. I can’t even access task manager to ki

:)

gesmiyashiro, Oct 21, 2021
  2. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Windows 10 explorer keeps freezing & hanging up. All apps work but Windows Explorer does... wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 21, 2021
  4. Windows 10 explorer keeps freezing & hanging up. All apps work but Windows Explorer does...

Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Oct 21, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 explorer keeps freezing & hanging up. All apps work but Windows Explorer does...

1. Windows 10 explorer keeps freezing & hanging up. All apps work but Windows Explorer does... - Similar Threads - explorer keeps freezing

2. Why does Windows Explorer keep hanging?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Windows Explorer keep hanging?: Windows explorer has frequently been hanging. This often happens when the computer wakes from sleep, but also sometimes happens when the computer has been in continuous use. The taskbar will stop displaying properly, the start menu won't be available, and windows explorer...
  3. Why does Windows Explorer keep hanging?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Windows Explorer keep hanging?: Windows explorer has frequently been hanging. This often happens when the computer wakes from sleep, but also sometimes happens when the computer has been in continuous use. The taskbar will stop displaying properly, the start menu won't be available, and windows explorer...
  4. Why does Windows Explorer keep hanging?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 File Explorer keeps Hanging

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 File Explorer keeps Hanging: Hello, I desperately need some help to figure out what is wrong with my file explorer. I've been reading all the answers to similar questions and have performed all the suggested fixes - changed the display, changed Access to PC, run the Scannow and Restore Health first time...
  6. Windows 10 File Explorer keeps Hanging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 File Explorer keeps Hanging: Hello, I desperately need some help to figure out what is wrong with my file explorer. I've been reading all the answers to similar questions and have performed all the suggested fixes - changed the display, changed Access to PC, run the Scannow and Restore Health first time...
  7. Windows 10 File Explorer keeps Hanging

8. Windows 10 explorer keeps freezing & hanging up. All apps work but Windows Explorer does...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 explorer keeps freezing & hanging up. All apps work but Windows Explorer does...: So I was trying to run a game for the first time and I got it to launch. However when I tried to change the graphics settings to “fullscreen,” the game froze and when I tried moving my mouse, I kept hearing a beeping sound until I stopped moving it.I restarted Windows to see...
  9. Windows 10 explorer keeps freezing & hanging up. All apps work but Windows Explorer does...

Windows 10 explorer keeps freezing & hanging up. All apps work but Windows Explorer does...: So I was trying to run a game for the first time and I got it to launch. However when I tried to change the graphics settings to “fullscreen,” the game froze and when I tried moving my mouse, I kept hearing a beeping sound until I stopped moving it.I restarted Windows to see...
  10. Freezing/Hanging Windows Explorer

in Cortana
    Freezing/Hanging Windows Explorer: Hi! I am a Windows10 user and I just want to get some help from a ‘hanging/freezing windows explorer’ whenever I made a content search within a folder. Any help with this? Thanks!...