Windows 10: Windows 10 explorer location bar shrinking - search bar growing

Discus and support Windows 10 explorer location bar shrinking - search bar growing in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi, I seem to resizing my windows explorer search bar every other week. And then suddenly without being asked it has grown to fill almost all available... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Gunnar Már Óttarsson, Feb 17, 2021.

1. Windows 10 explorer location bar shrinking - search bar growing

Hi, I seem to resizing my windows explorer search bar every other week. And then suddenly without being asked it has grown to fill almost all available space.

Anybody else having this issue? Solutions?

Windows 10 explorer location bar shrinking - search bar growing 7af38e4c-34e2-48c1-986a-bf541512b29e?upload=true.png

:)

Gunnar Már Óttarsson, Feb 17, 2021
  2. RS_ITGUY Win User

insert file dialog search bar shrinks

Where is the setting that makes the search bar in the insert file dialog box shrink when you click on it?

To produce the problem, open Outlook [2016 on Win 10 1909] and create a new email. Now Attach File -> Browse this PC. The insert file dialog box opens. Everything looks normal, but if you click in the search area, the search area (and history) only shrinks.
    It's not just the text, but the bar itself. See screenshot below. Notice how the search is smaller than the rest of the text?

I've checked Explorer and the search bar there doesn't shrink. I then tried insert picture in both Excel and Word and got the same shrinking. I tried the open dialog in Acrobat and that didn't shrink, so as far as I can tell, it seems limited to either Office
    or the insert file dialog, or both.

A search turned up the compact layout in Outlook (View -> View Settings -> Other Settings), but turning that on and off didn't change the problem. Hoping someone here has seen this before.

Windows 10 explorer location bar shrinking - search bar growing 22ea404a-bf31-4eaf-b08a-2a074c21472a?upload=true.png

** Moved from: Microsoft 365 and Office/ Unknown/other / Windows 10 / Office 2016 **

RS_ITGUY, Feb 17, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Defender - How to make it default to task bar?

Using Windows 10 and currently I am using Defender for anti virus. For whatever reason Windows Defender does not show up in the task bar unless I search for the program or right click and scan a file/folder. Is there a way to force Defender to show up in the task bar at start up?

Flogger23m, Feb 17, 2021
  4. Windows 10 explorer location bar shrinking - search bar growing

Firefox Location Bar

Use The Box that is checked

Windows 10 explorer location bar shrinking - search bar growing [​IMG]

and remove search suggestions

Josey Wales, Feb 17, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 explorer location bar shrinking - search bar growing

1. Windows 10 explorer location bar shrinking - search bar growing - Similar Threads - explorer location bar

2. Windows 10 File Explorer Search Bar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 File Explorer Search Bar: Greetings.File explorer changed on me yesterday and I can't change it back. Before yesterday if I opened file explorer and typed in the search bar I could see a long list of previous searches that has a little x at the end of them so I could delete them with a mouse click....
  3. Windows 10 File Explorer Search Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 File Explorer Search Bar: Greetings.File explorer changed on me yesterday and I can't change it back. Before yesterday if I opened file explorer and typed in the search bar I could see a long list of previous searches that has a little x at the end of them so I could delete them with a mouse click....
  4. Windows 10 File Explorer Search Bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Explorer address bar + search bar height?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Explorer address bar + search bar height?: [ATTACH] This came in a recent Windows 10 update for me. I've tried Googling the answer but all posts are for changing the width (just dragging it..), something about Winaero Tweaker (which I've tried), and one post about editing something in registry:...
  6. insert file dialog search bar shrinks

insert file dialog search bar shrinks: Where is the setting that makes the search bar in the insert file dialog box shrink when you click on it? To produce the problem, open Outlook [2016 on Win 10 1909] and create a new email. Now Attach File -> Browse this PC. The insert file dialog box opens. Everything looks...
  7. Search Bar in explorer and task bar not working

in Cortana
    Search Bar in explorer and task bar not working: Hi, The Search Bar in explorer and task bar not working, I've tried every possible solution I could find online and nothing works, any suggestions? Even after the latest update on 15/07/20 the issue was still not resolved, I have been having this issue on and off after...
  8. Windows Search bar not located properly

in Cortana
    Windows Search bar not located properly: My windows search bar looks like thisits position is higher than usual Windows 10 1903 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-search-bar-not-located-properly/25cf7850-e2e9-43f8-b2c6-0d4a01459c1e
  9. Explorer location bar is buggy

Explorer location bar is buggy: For some reason, Explorer location bar is completely messed up. [ATTACH] Also, weird things started to happen, such as whenever you delete a file from a folder, it still shows as if it existed unless you right click and refresh. Am I the only one facing this issues?...
  10. Windows 10 Explorer Search bar not working

Windows 10 Explorer Search bar not working: I can't even activate the search bar field so that I can type in it . How do I fix it ? windows version : https://imgur.com/a/zpSAdfa https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-explorer-search-bar-not-working/2b594ff4-15a3-4821-b4b8-8a72ce40b2f3"