Windows 10: Windows 10 Explorer navigation pane order

Discus and support Windows 10 Explorer navigation pane order in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey there, I'm trying to find out, if there is any way to rearrange the order of items in the Windows 10 explorer's navigation pane (the one on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AnonTenUser, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Explorer navigation pane order

Hey there,

I'm trying to find out, if there is any way to rearrange the order of items in the Windows 10 explorer's navigation pane (the one on the left hand side).
    Currently, the "Quick Access" list is on top, followed by "OneDrive" and "This PC" is the last one.
    I'd like to have "This PC" on top, then "OneDrive" and then "Quick Access".

Also, I'd like to know, if it is possible to change the order of items in the "This PC"-category. I tried with the Winareo Tweaker, but it looks like there is no option for this customization. :-/

Thanks for any reply in advance!

:)

AnonTenUser, Feb 25, 2019
  2. Retro54 Win User

Drive listing on navigation pane

Since updating to version 1511, I've noticed that the navigation pane in file explorer no longer lists my drives in order of the drive letters. They are now listed based on the nickname of the drive which after all these years makes it very confusing. I
    now have to be scrolling the list to make sure I'm opening the correct drive. ANNOYING.

Is there a simple way to force the navigation pane to list them in order of drive letters?

Retro54, Feb 25, 2019
  3. Bree Win User
    How to get horiz scrolling in Navigation Pane in Win 10 Explorer

Welcome to TenForums @linuxgarou

One suggestion would be to hover the mouse over the dividing line between the navigation pane and the list of files (it's the right-hand edge of the navigation pane's vertical scroll bar). When the pointer becomes a double-headed arrow you can click-and-drag to make the navigation pane wider.

I have mine set to about twice the width of the one in your screenshot.

Edit: and so apparently does Ztrucker in the following post.

4. Windows 10 Explorer navigation pane order

Not able to open sub-folders from navigation pane in File explorer.

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Under which drive are you not able to view the sub folders?
    • Are you not able to expand the options from navigation pane of the File explorer?

This seems to be a temporary issue. Sometimes disabling and enabling some of the options will fix the issue.

Follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Open File explorer by pressing Windows key + E keys on the keyboard.
    • Click on View tab located at the top of the window.
    • Click on Navigation pane and uncheck Navigation pane option.
    • Close the window, follow the above steps from a to
      c
      , only this time check the option Navigation pane and check if the changes are effective.

Write back to us for further assistance, we will be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Feb 25, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Explorer navigation pane order

1. Windows 10 Explorer navigation pane order - Similar Threads - Explorer navigation pane

2. Modifying the Navigation Pane in Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Modifying the Navigation Pane in Explorer: This my Navigation Pane in File Explorer. It has 3 sections: the 2nd section is called "Quick Access". I don't know what sections 1 and 3 are called, but they are not helpful.How do I remove sections 1 and 3 from the Navigation Pane?I assume it's some registry setting that...
  3. Modifying the Navigation Pane in Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Modifying the Navigation Pane in Explorer: This my Navigation Pane in File Explorer. It has 3 sections: the 2nd section is called "Quick Access". I don't know what sections 1 and 3 are called, but they are not helpful.How do I remove sections 1 and 3 from the Navigation Pane?I assume it's some registry setting that...
  4. Dynamic Navigation Pane File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dynamic Navigation Pane File Explorer: Hey guys, I hope everyone is doing well! Quick question, does anyone know how to or rather if there even is a way, to be able to set the navigation pane in File Explorer to dynamically minimize and maximise on mouse hover? I have pined the option to show and hide navigation...
  5. WIndows 10, File Explorer, Navigation Pane.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIndows 10, File Explorer, Navigation Pane.: In File Explorer - I have a OneDrive Picture folder. I have a This PC Picture folder. They are the same - and I can understand that. BUT I also have a Local Disk/Users/Bill/Picture folder. This is different. I am the only user of the laptop. I thought maybe This PC was just...
  6. WIndows 10, File Explorer, Navigation Pane.

WIndows 10, File Explorer, Navigation Pane.: I'm baffled by WIndows 10, File Explorer, Navigation Pane. This morning I had a "Picture" folder - appearing under "This PC" and "Local Disk C" - located in C/User/Bill. I then set my picture folder to backup to OneDrive. Suddenly my "Picture" folder has been put in a...
  7. Windows explorer problem - navigation pane

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows explorer problem - navigation pane: When I opened a folder in Win7 by using a shortcut, the folder was always shown at the top of the navigation pane, so its subfolders were visible below it, and immediately available to open with just a click. In Windows 10, it behaves differently, with the open folder shown...
  8. Is it possible to re-order these files in descending order in the navigation pane in file...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to re-order these files in descending order in the navigation pane in file...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/yungsemite [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eufurq/is_it_possible_to_reorder_these_files_in/
  9. Windows explorer navigation pane jumping

Windows explorer navigation pane jumping: The navigation pane in Windows explorer jumps to the opened folder although the Open File Explorer function is set to Quick Access in the General tab and the Expand to Open Folder option in the View tab is not checked. I have seen this issue come up elsewhere but none of...
  10. extra drives in navigation pane of explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    extra drives in navigation pane of explorer: yes , I use "Remove_Drives_from_Navigation_Pane.reg" after every major update puts them back. But I haven't found a good purpose in Microsoft having 2 copies of usb drives there, or putting back with the update. *Sleepy*Biggrin 133192

Users found this page by searching for:

1. explorer folder pane order

2. windows 10 explorer move cloud folder to left pane

3. reorder folders in quick access pane windows explorer 10

4. reorder navigation pane windows 10,
  5. file explorer windows left pane sort,
  6. windows 10 file explorer rearrange left navigation pane,
  7. file explorer options navigation pane,
  8. is there any way to get windows explorer to expand the entire folder tree in the left pane,
  9. change folder order in navigatio pane,
  10. how to rearrange main folders on left file explorer in windows 10,
  11. windows 10 navigation pane re-order,
  12. windows 10 explorer reorder navigation pane,
  13. windows 10-change order of folders in File Explorer left hand pane,
  14. windows 10 file explorer reorder navigator pane,
  15. change folder navigation pane order