Windows 10: Windows 10 Explorer - No thumbnails and data like 'lenght' for MP3 / MP4 / PDF

Discus and support Windows 10 Explorer - No thumbnails and data like 'lenght' for MP3 / MP4 / PDF in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, This morning I had a popup that Microsoft needed to install some updates, I agreed and rebooted my system, but now I don't have any thumbnails... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ChroMe55555, Nov 12, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Explorer - No thumbnails and data like 'lenght' for MP3 / MP4 / PDF

Hi,

This morning I had a popup that Microsoft needed to install some updates, I agreed and rebooted my system, but now I don't have any thumbnails anymore for MP3 / MP4 / PDF files.

I'll focus on the MP3 extension here, normally the file itself has the cover art shown as a thumbnail and now all MP3's look the same, they all have the icon of the program which I open them with.
    Another thing I notice is if I go to a directory with MP3's, all columns such as artists/title/length etc are empty they used to contain data, see the first attachment "FileExplorer.jpg". If I open my MP3 files with MP3Tag a tool to add metadata to MP3's, see the second attachment "MP3Tag.jpg", I see that the cover and the metadata is still there. So I think it is a display issue in my explorer.
    In the third attachment "Desktop.jpg" you can see that for images green rectangle, the thumbnails are still working, but for MP3/MP4 they are not shown anymore...

I run Windows 10 64 bit

I already tried:
    - File Explorer > View > Options > View > Always show icons, never thumbnails = UNCHECKED + restart computer
    - Windows Performance Options > Show thumbnails instead of icons = CHECKED + Save taskbar thumbnail previews = CHECKED + restart computer
    - C:\ drive > Properties > Disk Cleanup > Thumbnails CHECKED + restart computer
    - Ran the bat file from the tutorial Clear and Reset Thumbnail Cache in Windows 10

Nothing seems to work at this moment.

Windows 10 Explorer - No thumbnails and data like 'lenght' for MP3 / MP4 / PDF f70ef68e-5974-4961-ba1d-5d65ff9b3e13?upload=true.jpg Windows 10 Explorer - No thumbnails and data like 'lenght' for MP3 / MP4 / PDF 35e33a2c-141f-47df-b78b-c5e2ea245e65?upload=true.jpg Windows 10 Explorer - No thumbnails and data like 'lenght' for MP3 / MP4 / PDF 98f56984-934a-4538-926e-026f5211cf01?upload=true.jpg

:)

ChroMe55555, Nov 12, 2020
  2. banditrvp Win User

File Explorer - Some PDF's show thumbnail image, some don’t

In Windows 10 File Explorer, I see thumbnails for a few of my pdf files but still see the generic Adobe pdf icon for most of them.

• In Windows 10 folder options, the checkbox for “Always show icons, never thumbnails” is unchecked.
    • On the Adobe Reader preferences general tab, “Enable PDF thumbnails previews in Windows Explorer” is checked.
    • Adobe Acrobat is set as my default PDF viewer.
    • I have used Disk Cleanup to delete all my thumbnails to clear and rebuild the cache, yet the problem persists.
    Any suggestions on how I can see all the pdf icons as thumbnails?
    Windows 10 Pro, Version 1903, Build 18362.657
    Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (20.006.20034)

I asked over in the Adobe Acrobat Reader forum a few days ago but have received no replies.

Windows 10 Explorer - No thumbnails and data like 'lenght' for MP3 / MP4 / PDF [​IMG]

Ron

banditrvp, Nov 12, 2020
  3. ste0 Win User
    PDF thumbnails not showing in Windows 10 file explorer

In Acrobat Reader DC, go to Preferences > General and then select Enable PDF thumbnail previews in Windows Explorer.

This should show thumbnails in File Explorer. For some reason, my selection got turned off (not by me). Check your settings again. I have done this same step for numerous computers now, and so far they all work.

The first time you do this, Adobe Reader DC actually has a pop-up saying something like installing a add-on or extension. If you don't see this, then I suggest a reinstall of the latest DC.

4. Edwin Win User

Windows 10 Explorer - No thumbnails and data like 'lenght' for MP3 / MP4 / PDF

PDF thumbnails in windows explorer - available in windows 10S??

Windows 10 Explorer - No thumbnails and data like 'lenght' for MP3 / MP4 / PDF [​IMG]

Edwin, Nov 12, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Explorer - No thumbnails and data like 'lenght' for MP3 / MP4 / PDF

1. Windows 10 Explorer - No thumbnails and data like 'lenght' for MP3 / MP4 / PDF - Similar Threads - Explorer thumbnails data

2. PDF Thumbnails are not showing in Windows-10 Desktop and File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PDF Thumbnails are not showing in Windows-10 Desktop and File Explorer: Hi All,I'm facing no thumbnail preview problem for PDF Files since very long time, a screen shot is enclosed with this post. I have tried Adobe Reader Enable Preview Option, Disk Cleanup for Thumbnail option, Reinstalled the Windows, Folder Option Display file icon on...
  3. PDF thumbnails disappeared in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    PDF thumbnails disappeared in Windows Explorer: Hello Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 Installed on ‎28-‎May-‎20OS build 19042.746 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0 PDF APP: Nitro Pro, Sumatra, Foxit After the Windows update of mid Jan 21 and the update to Nitro 13.33 Pro the thumbnails of PDF...
  4. [SOLVED] Windows 10 Explorer - No thumbnails and no data like 'lenght' for MP3 / MP4 / PDF

[SOLVED] Windows 10 Explorer - No thumbnails and no data like 'lenght' for MP3 / MP4 / PDF: Hi, This morning I had a popup that Microsoft needed to install some updates, I agreed and rebooted my system, but now I don't have any thumbnails anymore for MP3 / MP4 / PDF files. I'll focus on the MP3 extension here, normally the file itself has the cover art shown as a...
  5. Windows 10 Explorer - No thumbnails and no data like 'lenght' for MP3 / MP4 / PDF

Windows 10 Explorer - No thumbnails and no data like 'lenght' for MP3 / MP4 / PDF: Hi, This morning I had a popup that Microsoft needed to install some updates, I agreed and rebooted my system, but now I don't have any thumbnails anymore for MP3 / MP4 / PDF files. I'll focus on the MP3 extension here, normally the file itself has the cover art shown as a...
  6. No thumbnails and data like 'lenght' for MP3 / MP4 / PDF

in Windows 10 Support
    No thumbnails and data like 'lenght' for MP3 / MP4 / PDF: Hi, This morning I had a popup that Microsoft needed to install some updates, I agreed and rebooted my system, but now I don't have any thumbnails anymore for MP3 / MP4 / PDF files. I'll focus on the MP3 extension here, normally the file itself has the cover art shown as a...
  7. MP4 to MP3

in Windows 10 Customization
    MP4 to MP3: I need to change an MP4 to MP3 on Windows 10. Any assistance is appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mp4-to-mp3/2990569e-5c77-4486-a3a6-9c118609f2d8
  8. mp4 and mp3 thumbnails doesn't show in windows explorer and microsoft movies and tv and...

mp4 and mp3 thumbnails doesn't show in windows explorer and microsoft movies and tv and...: hi I deleted these folders with Third party program " FolderSizes 9 " and administrator access C:\Users\Monarch\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.ZuneVideo_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\ImageStore...
  9. my mp4 to mp3 converter

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    my mp4 to mp3 converter: hello for the past serval days my converter has not been working right I go to youtube.com and copy and paste the link and nothing happens is the converter out of date or need an updated version thank you David wright 904 207 2992...
  10. Covert MP4 to MP3

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Covert MP4 to MP3: Hi . Is there a way to do it without using third party software? submitted by /u/faizalr17 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dzfv7d/covert_mp4_to_mp3/