Windows 10: Windows 10 Explorer not showing Harddisks in Sidebar

Discus and support Windows 10 Explorer not showing Harddisks in Sidebar in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; That's DelegateFolders/RemovableDrives. Delete the aforementioned key. Thanks Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by phorris, Nov 21, 2015.

1. dalchina New Member

Windows 10 Explorer not showing Harddisks in Sidebar

Thanks

dalchina, Nov 21, 2015
  2. tjdunlap Win User

I have the following problem related to this post. I show most of my drives multiple times in Windows Explorer. But not my old hard drive D: - that only shows once. This phenomenon seems new as today is the first I have noticed this.

Windows 10 Explorer not showing Harddisks in Sidebar [​IMG]

I don't know how to access my registry to delete the key referred to. Can you help me fix the way Windows Explorer displays all the drives so they only show once and they don't leave any out?

Tom D.

tjdunlap, Jan 6, 2016
  3. dalchina New Member
    Does this help?

The complete path is quoted in the tutorial I cited above.

However, removing this is only a temporary fix. I have this duplication back with a different drive plugged in. If it's really annoying, simply use a 'proper' file manager like Xyplorer.

Explorer shows the duplication, but not Xyplorer.

Xyplorer is on the left. Note how Backup (Q) is duplicated in Explorer (right)

dalchina, Jan 6, 2016
  4. tjdunlap Win User

Thanks. Used Regedit to get rid of that key and the duplicates disappeared. Will make note of this fix in my contacts so I can find it in the future without coming back to the forums. Not sure I want to use RegmagiK or Xyplorer right now, but will keep those names in my Windows 10 notes. BTW, not a big fan of Windows 10 at this moment. Thanks for the help.

tjdunlap, Jan 6, 2016
  5. dalchina New Member
    Yep, it's a work in progress. We're the lab rats. Please click the thumbs up if useful - thanks.

Note that some are experiencing a registry search bug in regedit in build 10580, and using 3rd party registry editors avoids that problem. Notice having the equivalent of an address bar is very handy.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Explorer not showing Harddisks in Sidebar - Similar Threads - Explorer showing Harddisks

2. Network sidebar not showing in windows 10 explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network sidebar not showing in windows 10 explorer: i am just not able to see a network side bar in windows 10 explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-sidebar-not-showing-in-windows-10-explorer/21bfcbb7-b1db-4a75-8feb-cfca4d6151b9
  3. Network sidebar not showing in windows 10 explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network sidebar not showing in windows 10 explorer: i am just not able to see a network side bar in windows 10 explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-sidebar-not-showing-in-windows-10-explorer/21bfcbb7-b1db-4a75-8feb-cfca4d6151b9
  4. Network sidebar not showing in windows 10 explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Work with sidebar in explorer with text files.

Work with sidebar in explorer with text files.: Hello. Request to developers. Is it possible to make a text file editor in the sidebar view? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/work-with-sidebar-in-explorer-with-text-files/f15b60df-ac15-4451-8726-f409575e9e5d
  6. Work with sidebar in explorer with text files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Work with sidebar in explorer with text files.: Hello. Request to developers. Is it possible to make a text file editor in the sidebar view? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/work-with-sidebar-in-explorer-with-text-files/f15b60df-ac15-4451-8726-f409575e9e5d
  7. Windows 10 app sidebar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 app sidebar: Working with Window 10, when I click the windows icon in the lower left corner, I then go to the app menu, I then click on it, and a sidebar appears with all my apps, but it only appears for 2 second, then closes. How do I get the sidebar to show longer?...
  8. Harddisk show as raw + not allocated

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Harddisk show as raw + not allocated: My Seagate Expansion External Harddisk had a problem and I could only access it with very low speed. I decided to remove it from the case and connect it directly to the computer. Now I can't access it at all it shows as partly as raw partly as not allocated. Is there any...
  9. OneDrive Sidebar in File Explorer not working - OneDrive not showing in Registry

OneDrive Sidebar in File Explorer not working - OneDrive not showing in Registry: My File Explorer OneDrive sidebar shortcut does not work. It does not point to the location of my OneDrive folders (or any location) and if I click on it nothing happens. The same goes for "Open Folder" if I click on the OneDrive icon in the taskbar. Also, in my registry,...
  10. C: drive does not show up in Windows Explorer sidebar (left)

in Windows 10 Support
    C: drive does not show up in Windows Explorer sidebar (left): I've just installed the Windows 10 17127 Insider Preview from the offline ISO and for some reason my C: drive (on which Windows is installed) does not show up in the Windows Explorer sidebar (on the left). Sadly, it doesn't even appear in 'Browse' dialogs in other programs....