Windows 10: Windows 10 Explorer ONLY displays in "high contrast"

Discus and support Windows 10 Explorer ONLY displays in "high contrast" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; since updating Windows Explorer ONLY displays in High Contrast although I have High Contrast turned OFF that On/Off switch works (ie switches contrast... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by norybca, Mar 6, 2019.

1. norybca Win User

Windows 10 Explorer ONLY displays in "high contrast"

since updating Windows Explorer ONLY displays in High Contrast although I have High Contrast turned OFF

that On/Off switch works (ie switches contrast mode) for other programmes (eg Bing).

I can't find an individual display switch for Explorer and assume it's a registry setting?

Win 10/64 OS build 17763.316 installed 22/2/19

:)

norybca, Mar 6, 2019

2. High Contrast Mode in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to apply the changes from the settings option in Windows 10 and check if it helps.

1) Type High contrast settings in the search box and then click on High Contrast settings.

2) In the right pane select the level of contrast choose a theme and check.

I also recommend you to update the graphic drivers of the computer and check if it helps.

• Open Device Manager.

• Expand ‘Display Adapter’.

• Locate the display driver.

• Right-click on the display card listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’
    Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Mar 6, 2019
  3. Display settings changed to high contrast in Windows 10

Hello Cane,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

You might be facing the above issue due to selecting high contrast background on your PC. Enabling the high contrast background will make the PC look highly contrasted with bright highlighting around the icons and apps.

I suggest you to set the display to normal background settings by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type
      Settings and select the top most search result.

• Select System and click on
      Display
      from the left side panel of the window.

• Click on Advanced display settings and click on
      Personalization option located at the bottom left corner of the window.

• From the window select any one of the Windows Default Themes and check if the changes are effective.

Write back to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Mar 6, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Explorer ONLY displays in "high contrast"

how to turn off high contrast

Hi,

Follow these steps on how to turn high contrast mode on or off in Windows:

• Type "high contrast settings" in the search box, and then select High contrast settings from the list of results.
    • Under Choose a theme, select a high contrast theme from the drop-down menu, and then select Apply.
    • To turn off high contrast mode, select None from the drop-down menu, and then select Apply.
    • To turn high contrast mode on or off from the sign-in screen, select the Ease of Access button in the lower-right corner and choose High Contrast.
    • To turn high contrast on or off from the keyboard, press left Alt + left Shift + Print
      Screen.

Keep us updated with the result.

Marvin Barc, Mar 6, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Explorer ONLY displays in "high contrast"

1. Windows 10 Explorer ONLY displays in "high contrast" - Similar Threads - Explorer displays high

2. High Contrast

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High Contrast: high contrast has been turned off, but some applications are still on, and there is no solution anywhere, not even on the official website, except for drivers and whatever, everything has been updated, and how do I know my drivers are not compatible, windows is forcing me to...
  3. High Contrast

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High Contrast: high contrast has been turned off, but some applications are still on, and there is no solution anywhere, not even on the official website, except for drivers and whatever, everything has been updated, and how do I know my drivers are not compatible, windows is forcing me to...
  4. High contrast

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High contrast: Hi, i wanted to change my high contrast settings and i went to custom settings and accidentaly changed all the things like background, text all of that stuff to white and now all my screen is white and i can't change it back and can't use the computer normallyPls help!...
  5. High contrast

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High contrast: Hi, i wanted to change my high contrast settings and i went to custom settings and accidentaly changed all the things like background, text all of that stuff to white and now all my screen is white and i can't change it back and can't use the computer normallyPls help!...
  6. High Contrast

in Windows 10 Customization
    High Contrast: I have a vision issue. Viewing webpages in High Contrast mode makes it much easier on my eyes. I demo software online for my job. When doing this I can not demo in high contrast mode because I need the customer to see what they are buying. I have tow monitors. Is it possible...
  7. Windows Explorer is in High Contrast Mode and cannot be changed

Windows Explorer is in High Contrast Mode and cannot be changed: I am running WIndows-10 Pro version 2004. I experimented with Display High Contrast then cancelled it. All programs went back to normal display colors but Windows Explorer remained in Hi Contrast and whatever I do it remains so. I restarted the application' restarted the...
  8. high contrast feature

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    high contrast feature: online banking drops off when using high contrast option https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-contrast-feature/7c7f7af5-a670-4562-b263-cd0f1951663c
  9. High Contrast setting only on certain applications

High Contrast setting only on certain applications: So by mistake, on the ease of access tab I clicked on the high contrast setting a number of times as my computer seemed to have sticky keys of some sort. Even after being turned off, some applications still retained the high contrast e.g. the background of Microsoft words and...
  10. get out of high contrast mode for display

get out of high contrast mode for display: I just switched to a high contrast display to make reading screen easier pressing together the left shift left alt and prtsc keys. One of the forum threads says this sequence is a kind of toggle so that doing it again turns off high contrast. Didn't for me. Instead, it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hi contrast in explorer win 10

2. windows explorer high contrast only