Windows 10: Windows 10 Explorer - Open Multiple Instances.

Discus and support Windows 10 Explorer - Open Multiple Instances. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I want to open multiple instances of windows explorer at the same time for drag and drop etc.. I had been able to simply right click the Windows ICON... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Stixoffire, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Explorer - Open Multiple Instances.

I want to open multiple instances of windows explorer at the same time for drag and drop etc..
    I had been able to simply right click the Windows ICON (Start) and simply select File Explorer (no shift key , simply use MOUSE) windows opened to my hearts content. Now that is not working.

So before the chimers claim simple do these things : I know about WINKEY + E, I know about Shift and Click on Explorer.
    I don't want to Winkey anything , I don't want to Shift click anything - I simply want to click it and get it! Now that way is much more simple then to play twister. I was able to do this before - pressing shift requires EXTRA motion ..

:)

Stixoffire, Dec 28, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 28, 2018
  3. concord72 Win User
    Multiple instances of Windows Explorer

So in the Processes tab, under Apps, however many Windows Explorers I actually have open is however many it will list, and expanding will list the specific folder that is open, there is no problem there. The problem is when you scroll down to Windows processes, that's where all the multiple instances are. Right now it's only showing 7 but that is because I restarted my computer a couple hours ago, I've counted as many as 40+ before.

concord72, Dec 28, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Explorer - Open Multiple Instances.

Opening multiple instances of Edge or Explorer.

In Win Pro 8.1 you could just hold the shift key and then open multiple instances of Internet Explorer. I found this very handy if I needed to look something up while hold another window open to accept the data I was finding in another instance of IE.
    Now in Edge, a shift click get you nothing. Are we stuck with just one instance? Not progress in my book. My wife says, "No wonder it was free."

audioeditor, Dec 28, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Explorer - Open Multiple Instances.

1. Windows 10 Explorer - Open Multiple Instances. - Similar Threads - Explorer Open Multiple

2. Multiple Instances of Same Application Opening in the Background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple Instances of Same Application Opening in the Background: Hello There,I have this issue on my Windows 11 wherein it opens up multiple copies of the same application. In the screenshot from this link that I only opened Photoshop without any tabs or design being active, and yet it shows multiple instances of the same application in...
  3. Multiple Instances

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Instances: Does anyone know how to prevent this from happening? i dont have much ram so it slows down the speed of everything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-instances/da352446-efc2-4272-a8f3-f81ae1359d75
  4. Multiple Instances

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple Instances: Does anyone know how to prevent this from happening? i dont have much ram so it slows down the speed of everything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-instances/da352446-efc2-4272-a8f3-f81ae1359d75
  5. Windows 11 opening multiple instances of same application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 opening multiple instances of same application: How do I force Win 11 to open only 1 instance of an app when I select it's icon from the toolbar or desktop? In Win 10, when I opened an app such as Notepad, I could then open my browser or any other app and Notepad would be minimized on the toolbar unless I had the Windows...
  6. Stop multiple instances of the same folder opening in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Stop multiple instances of the same folder opening in Windows 10: I have just set up a new Windows 10 workstation. I have noticed that the same folder can be opened many times simultaneously in separate windows, cluttering up the system tray.I have tried changing the folder options, but this makes no difference.. Naturally I want to...
  7. Multiple instances of a program open with different window size?

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple instances of a program open with different window size?: I frequently open multiple instances of the Arduino IDE program. The first opens to the same size as the window was when I closed it. Subsequent opens of new instances of the program (it's not unusual for me to have three or four instances running at the same time) open in a...
  8. Multiple instances of the same folder open

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple instances of the same folder open: I feel kinda dumb asking this, but here goes. Has windows always allowed having multiple instances of the same folder open? I can't remember. I can open the same folder from a desktop shortcut in an unlimited amount of instances. I can find my desktop toolbar filling up...
  9. Multiple instances of Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple instances of Windows Explorer: Opened up task manager and saw that in the Processes tab, there were 41 instances of Windows Explorer running. I open WE frequently but only one or two at the same time and didn't have any open at that time. And it's not just a temporary thing, I have been checking...
  10. Multiple instances of "Internet Explorer" and Internet Explorer (32)"

in Browsers and Email
    Multiple instances of "Internet Explorer" and Internet Explorer (32)": On my Win10 x64 home computer, I find that a I can't always start Internet Explorer (ver 11). I'll click on the icon, the "working" symbol spins for a second and nothing happens. Then I open Task Manager, and I find about 10 or 12 instances of Internet Explorer and IE (32)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 file explorer single instance

2. opening multiple instances of windows explorer in windows 10