Windows 10: Windows 10 Explorer operation.

Discus and support Windows 10 Explorer operation. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Why does windows explorer place '-EDITED' on files without directing it to do so? Example: A file named 100_0234.JPG is duplicated by changing it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ivan, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Ivan Win User

Windows 10 Explorer operation.

Why does windows explorer place '-EDITED' on files without directing it to do so?

Example: A file named 100_0234.JPG is duplicated by changing it into this, 100_0234-edited.jpg

A search will not find 100_0234-edited.jpg? Why not?

:)

2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 13, 2019
  3. mixa Win User
    Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Windows 10 Explorer operation. wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

4. Windows 10 Explorer operation.

Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Explorer operation.

1. Windows 10 Explorer operation. - Similar Threads - Explorer operation

2. File Explorer file operations fail in Windows 11 version 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer file operations fail in Windows 11 version 22H2: File operations such as copy, paste, delete, move etc. often result in no apparent action in the destination unless Refresh is used in the destination folder. Sometimes the operation, when drag and drop is used, freeze the machine altogether. This is occurring in Windows 11...
  3. File Explorer file operations fail in Windows 11 version 22H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer file operations fail in Windows 11 version 22H2: File operations such as copy, paste, delete, move etc. often result in no apparent action in the destination unless Refresh is used in the destination folder. Sometimes the operation, when drag and drop is used, freeze the machine altogether. This is occurring in Windows 11...
  4. What are the control codes used to operate explorer from a script

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What are the control codes used to operate explorer from a script: I am trying to use windows10 explorer from inside a perl script to collect directory information and need the application control codes.Based on the research I have done so far I suspect they will be found in an include file....
  5. What are the control codes used to operate explorer from a script

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What are the control codes used to operate explorer from a script: I am trying to use windows10 explorer from inside a perl script to collect directory information and need the application control codes.Based on the research I have done so far I suspect they will be found in an include file....
  6. What are the control codes used to operate explorer from a script

7. How can I operate Windows 11, and all the apps on it, including File Explorer, as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I operate Windows 11, and all the apps on it, including File Explorer, as...: It is very frustrating to constantly be asked for permission to use an app or to save a file. Windows 10 was so much easier! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-operate-windows-11-and-all-the-apps-on/1b21f0e1-2770-4553-89c3-f4d5f9a9120d
  8. How can I operate Windows 11, and all the apps on it, including File Explorer, as...

How can I operate Windows 11, and all the apps on it, including File Explorer, as...: It is very frustrating to constantly be asked for permission to use an app or to save a file. Windows 10 was so much easier! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-operate-windows-11-and-all-the-apps-on/1b21f0e1-2770-4553-89c3-f4d5f9a9120d
  9. unchecking "Hide protected operating system files" freezes file explorer in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unchecking "Hide protected operating system files" freezes file explorer in Windows 11: unchecking "Hide protected operating system files" freezes file explorer in Windows 11.This happens the moment you answer "yes" to "are you sure" question.Actually, there is a millisecond lag before it freezes, so I was lucky to uncheck it once, when it got frozen with "OK"...
  10. unchecking "Hide protected operating system files" freezes file explorer in Windows 11

unchecking "Hide protected operating system files" freezes file explorer in Windows 11: unchecking "Hide protected operating system files" freezes file explorer in Windows 11.This happens the moment you answer "yes" to "are you sure" question.Actually, there is a millisecond lag before it freezes, so I was lucky to uncheck it once, when it got frozen with "OK"...