Windows 10: Windows 10 explorer photo thumbnails only show some of the photos

Discus and support Windows 10 explorer photo thumbnails only show some of the photos in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hi Like the above, in window explorer I can view some of the photos but some can not. I am using Surface book 2 windows 10. Please help.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by bt123123, Oct 27, 2018.

1. bt123123 Win User

Windows 10 explorer photo thumbnails only show some of the photos

Windows 10 explorer photo thumbnails only show some of the photos cceebc87-d168-4419-b08f-e94734bc10c8?upload=true.png

Hi

Like the above, in window explorer I can view some of the photos but some can not. I am using Surface book 2 windows 10.

Please help.

Thanks

:)

bt123123, Oct 27, 2018
  2. moonbugs Win User

Not all photo thumbnails showing.

Hi there chaps.

I have this problem with File Explorer. I have checked the box "Always show icons, never thumbnails"
    Windows 10 explorer photo thumbnails only show some of the photos [​IMG]

But not all of the thumbnails are showing. I get a mixture of the "mountain" icon as well as some thumbnails.

I have tried to delete the thumbnail cache and nothing seems to work. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I could do? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Matt.

moonbugs, Oct 27, 2018
  3. Photo thumbnail picture

Hi

File Explorer>Pictures>Open Pictures.

If Your Photos come up as just a List and don't show up as Thumbnails, look at the Two Small Icons at the Bottom Right of the Screen and 'Toggle' between them.

The first one gives you a List View and the other one gives you a Thumbnail View.

Or you could Click: View at the Top of the Screen and then you Can not only see your Photos as Thumbnails but you can also choose the Size.

Cyberdesigner, Oct 27, 2018
  4. davidhk Win User

Folder Photos: Showing Thumbnail Photos Rather Than IrfanView Icons ?

Open File Explorer > top right, click Options > click Change folder and search options > click View at top > UN-check the box " Always show icons, never thumbnails" > OK when done.

davidhk, Oct 27, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 explorer photo thumbnails only show some of the photos - Similar Threads - explorer photo thumbnails

2. Why are photo thumbnails not showing in Win11 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are photo thumbnails not showing in Win11 File Explorer: I am gradually getting all my files transferred from my old HP850 Win7 laptop to new HPSpectre16 Win 11 laptop.I know that I have duplicate photo files and folders and was going to start sorting these this weekend.However, in File Explorer, for some unknown reason, when I...
  3. not synced photo thumbnails not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    not synced photo thumbnails not showing: I've got an issue where certain photos on my pc namely photos that aren't synced with onedrive don't have their thumbnails/previews showing, while the few photos that ARE synced with onedrive do have their thumbnails shown. Disabling onedrive simply just removes the...
  4. File Explorer will only show icons on some photos, and thumbnails on others.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer will only show icons on some photos, and thumbnails on others.: In certain folders, some photos will only show as icons, when I'd like all of them to show as thumbnails. I have tried all the standard stuff; deselecting "always show icons, never thumbnails" in File Explorer, clearing thumbnails from C drive, etc. My job is very difficult...
  5. File Explorer will only show icons on some photos, and thumbnails on others.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer will only show icons on some photos, and thumbnails on others.: In certain folders, some photos will only show as icons, when I'd like all of them to show as thumbnails. I have tried all the standard stuff; deselecting "always show icons, never thumbnails" in File Explorer, clearing thumbnails from C drive, etc. My job is very difficult...
  6. Photo App Video Editor only showing some thumbnails.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo App Video Editor only showing some thumbnails.: Hi All,How do you get the Windows 10 Photo App Video Editor to show all the thumbnails of images and video clips? It showed them all yesterday, but now the program is only showing some of them, making it extremely difficult to use the program.Thanks!...
  7. File Explorer Not Showing Photo Thumbnails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Not Showing Photo Thumbnails: Hello, I'm beyond frustrated. I'm trying to batch delete a bunch of photos at once but my file explorer is not showing the thumbnails so I am having to open each file to see what they are. This is way too time consuming. I've already done a search and followed some...
  8. Photos in photo library not showing thumbnails and showing as errors

Photos in photo library not showing thumbnails and showing as errors: They show up fine on the Onedrive app I have on my phone, but all the photos on my laptop show as grey error thumbnails. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-in-photo-library-not-showing-thumbnails-and/66b681d2-6d40-43c0-9312-1cad96f7e635"
  9. Windows 10 won't show photo thumbnails or delete photos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 won't show photo thumbnails or delete photos: Since the last update my windows 10 won't show the thumbnails. I tried to delete some of the photos and they won't delete either. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-wont-show-photo-thumbnails-or-delete/7ae425f5-00bd-4b35-a882-4e7189aeb4e8
  10. Thumbnails not showing image in Photos

Thumbnails not showing image in Photos: I am new to Windows 10 and I'm not sure what I've done, but all of the thumbnails for all my photos look like the Photos icon. The one that has a blue background and looks like a couple little mountains. How do I get then to show the photo image again?...