Windows 10: Windows 10 Explorer Process Crashes Multiple Times per Day, 0xc0000005

Discus and support Windows 10 Explorer Process Crashes Multiple Times per Day, 0xc0000005 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For the past few days, explorer.exe has crashed several times each day. Get an event logged similar to the one below. {noformat}Faulting application... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ricecracker, Jul 2, 2017.

1. Windows 10 Explorer Process Crashes Multiple Times per Day, 0xc0000005

For the past few days, explorer.exe has crashed several times each day. Get an event logged similar to the one below.

{noformat}Faulting application name: Explorer.EXE, version: 10.0.15063.332, time stamp: 0x2bdd7016
    Faulting module name: cryptui.dll_unloaded, version: 10.0.15063.0, time stamp: 0x1e54749e
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x0000000000001000
    Faulting process id: 0x1e64
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d2f429e11c7028
    Faulting application path: C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
    Faulting module path: cryptui.dll
    Report Id: 7de18481-a683-40c6-8025-b1e2d4675a9f
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID: {noformat}

Any advice would be a big help. Thanks!

:)

ricecracker, Jul 2, 2017

2. Windows 10 Explorer Process Crashes Multiple Times per Day

For the past few days, explorer.exe has crashed several times each day. Get an event logged similar to the one below.

{noformat}Faulting application name: Explorer.EXE, version: 10.0.15063.332, time stamp: 0x2bdd7016

Faulting module name: cryptui.dll_unloaded, version: 10.0.15063.0, time stamp: 0x1e54749e

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0000000000001000

Faulting process id: 0x1e64

Faulting application start time: 0x01d2f429e11c7028

Faulting application path: C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE

Faulting module path: cryptui.dll

Report Id: 7de18481-a683-40c6-8025-b1e2d4675a9f

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID: {noformat}

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

thericecracker, Jul 2, 2017
  3. Maria Fab Win User
    Windows 10 Explorer Process Crashes Multiple Times per Day

Hello,

Windows Explorer helps us to browse files and folders on our computer. The possible cause why
    explorer.exe may crash is due to corrupted system files. To isolate your concern, may we know when did the issue occur? Were there any changes made on your PC prior to this?

Meanwhile, you may perform the following methods to help resolve your concern:

METHOD 1:
    Update Windows 10

The first thing to do is to make sure that your PC is updated. To check for updates now, select the
    Start button, and then go to Settings>
    Update & security
    > Windows Update, and then select
    Check for updates
    . If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available.

METHOD 2:
    Perform a clean boot

We suggest that you perform a clean boot to help eliminate software conflicts by starting Windows using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. Follow the instructions provided on the link above.

Note: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting of the
    KB article to boot the computer in normal startup after troubleshooting.

METHOD 3: Repair corrupted Windows files.

We suggest that you run the SFC (System File Checker) command, and/or
    DISM (Deployment Image Servicing and Management) tool to scan your PC, and repair possible corrupted files. Make sure that you're connected to the internet when doing the troubleshooting. To do so, check this
    article by
    ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP).

METHOD 4: Create another user profile.

To determine if your concern is account-related, you may create another local account on your PC, and then see if the issue will still occur. See
    Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10,
    and then follow the instructions provided.

Kindly update us with the results of the troubleshooting. We'll be glad to assist you.

Maria Fab, Jul 2, 2017
  4. EdTittel Win User

Windows 10 Explorer Process Crashes Multiple Times per Day, 0xc0000005

Although this TechNet forums post on the cryptui.dll error is OLD (2008) it does contain some useful advice: see CRYPTUI.DLL problem. In particular, SFC and DISM repairs would appear to make sense to try to get to the bottom of this problem. Some people have simply replaced their current copy of the dll with good results also (but either SFC or DISM should do that for you automatically).
    Let me know if you need pointers on how to use SFC and/or DISM: tutorials on both are available here at TenForums.com.
    --ed--

EdTittel, Jul 2, 2017
Thema:

Windows 10 Explorer Process Crashes Multiple Times per Day, 0xc0000005

1. Windows 10 Explorer Process Crashes Multiple Times per Day, 0xc0000005 - Similar Threads - Explorer Process Crashes

2. PC crashes multiple times per day and I can't figure it out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC crashes multiple times per day and I can't figure it out: I have had occasional crashing issues during the last year or two that I've had this PC, but they were very sparse and nothing major. However, things have ramped up considerably over the last month or so, to the point where I will often crash multiple times per day. Sometimes...
  3. PC crashes multiple times per day and I can't figure it out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashes multiple times per day and I can't figure it out: I have had occasional crashing issues during the last year or two that I've had this PC, but they were very sparse and nothing major. However, things have ramped up considerably over the last month or so, to the point where I will often crash multiple times per day. Sometimes...
  4. BSoD Multiple Times Per Day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSoD Multiple Times Per Day: My computer has crashed 10 times since the morning of the 18th. I believe them to have begun around the time I installed the game Battlefront 2 2017. Three of the crashed occurred while I was playing the game all three at the exact same point; while searching for a match. Two...
  5. Constant BSOD, multiple times per day

Constant BSOD, multiple times per day: It's been a recurring issue for a few months on my custom-built desktop. At first, the errors ranged from a variety of things, but after applying solutions I've found on these support threads and elsewhere, the only error I get anymore is IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I can't for...
  6. Windows 2004 crashes multiples times per day

Windows 2004 crashes multiples times per day: Hi All, Windows 2004 crashes many several times per day even without actual user activity. Does anyone know how I can open a support ticket and supply the latest crashdump file?...
  7. PC freezing multiple times per day

PC freezing multiple times per day: I've been having issues over the past month or so where my PC will freeze/lock up randomly. The issue has been worse as of recently, just yesterday it froze around 6 or 7 times, a couple times it even froze as my PC was starting up. I've tried many things such as fixing...
  8. Family - multiple time limits per day

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family - multiple time limits per day: I want my child to be able to use her laptop during school hours, but have time limited while at home. How can I set up multiple time limits per day? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-multiple-time-limits-per-day/713af6a0-b30d-4845-a4f0-1f60398028be"
  9. Windows Freezing Multiple Times Per Day

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Freezing Multiple Times Per Day: Since a Windows update in October 2019, my computer freezes multiple times per day. And by freeze, I mean screen goes static and nothing responds. The only solution is to hold down the power button. I've followed the steps in Performance and Install Integrity Checklist to...
  10. windows 10 crashing multiple times a day.

windows 10 crashing multiple times a day.: windows 10 crashing multiple times a day. this has become a major pain, and this crashing is stopping me from upgrading to Office 365 for fear that it will also crash my computer. I never would have switch if I new it was going to crash my computer like this. I use Windows...