Windows 10: Windows 10 Explorer - Quick Access Bar Full of Pinned Folders

Discus and support Windows 10 Explorer - Quick Access Bar Full of Pinned Folders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was organizing a large subsystem of folders on my computer when I accidentally selected the "pin to Quick Access" button, pinning around 1000 folders... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ParkerCoady, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Explorer - Quick Access Bar Full of Pinned Folders

I was organizing a large subsystem of folders on my computer when I accidentally selected the "pin to Quick Access" button, pinning around 1000 folders to my quick access bar at once. I use the Quick Access quite often to immediately access locations that I often use, so I began to clear out the pins only to find out I could only remove one pin at a time. This would take me hours on end to clear out one-by-one.

I have tried searching the internet to no avail. I tried to simply move all of the pinned folders to a different location in hopes that they would be automatically removed from Quick Access. However, they still remained pinned, although the filesystem gave me the error that they had been moved when I clicked on them. When I tried to remove one of the moved folders from the pins, Windows Explorer chugged for a moment, then crashed and rebooted. Upon restarting, the Quick Access dragdown was completely disabled until I rebooted the entire computer.

Highlighting the folders in their source location and clicking the "pin to Quick Access" button also has no effect.

How do I either clear my pins or remove more than one of the ~1000 pinned folders at once? Any help would be much appreciated.

:)

ParkerCoady, Mar 30, 2020

2. Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Mar 30, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 30, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Explorer - Quick Access Bar Full of Pinned Folders

Can't pin any folder to Quick access in file explorer

This fixed Quick Access for me too and I can now pin folders to Quick Access without the "The parameter is incorrect" error. This fix also brought the "Locked" category with the Quick Access folders to the right click menu of the taskbar icon for File Explorer.
    Before this fix I had nothing but "File Explorer", "Unpin from taskbar" and "Close window" showing when right clicking on the taskbar icon. I'm currently missing the "Recent files" category and the ability to pin files or folders to the taskbar. When trying
    to pin a file to the taskbar it only shows up in the Quick Access folder.

DevilsSnare, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Explorer - Quick Access Bar Full of Pinned Folders

1. Windows 10 Explorer - Quick Access Bar Full of Pinned Folders - Similar Threads - Explorer Quick Access

2. Documents folder not pinning to Quick Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents folder not pinning to Quick Access: It's a full clean install of windows 11 done yesterday. Everything is working absolutely fine but I accidently unpinned the documents folder from the quick access menu and I can't seem to be able to pin my most important Documents folder back in the quick access. I always...
  3. Documents folder not pinning to Quick Access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Documents folder not pinning to Quick Access: It's a full clean install of windows 11 done yesterday. Everything is working absolutely fine but I accidently unpinned the documents folder from the quick access menu and I can't seem to be able to pin my most important Documents folder back in the quick access. I always...
  4. Pinning folders to explorer sidebar - NO QUICK ACCESS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pinning folders to explorer sidebar - NO QUICK ACCESS: [ATTACH] I recently migrated from Windows 7 and I can't assign folders to sidebar. I removed quick access using regedit because every time I opened explorer it changed the hierarchy of my folders. What registry values should I add to explorer to make it work? Can't pin...
  5. unable to pin folders to quick access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unable to pin folders to quick access: i can no longer pin to or view folders in my quick access due to the parameter being incorrect. i have found advice that starts with running a command that starts with "del" only to get "windows cannot find del". i do not know how to fix this when del, whatever it is,...
  6. Ccannot pin a folder to Quick Access

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ccannot pin a folder to Quick Access: I get an error message this docfile has been corrupted when trying to pin something to Quick access. Moreover all the folders I had under Quick access are missing. Can I get them back in some way?...
  7. Pinned Quick Access Folders Gone

in Windows 10 Support
    Pinned Quick Access Folders Gone: Was using my system today and I noticed that my pinned Quick Access folders had gone. Strange. Cannot remember actively removing them, they were a pretty curated bunch of folders. I used this tutorial to clear it all out: Reset and Clear Recent Items and Frequent Places in...
  8. Not Able to Pin a folder to Quick Access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not Able to Pin a folder to Quick Access: I can't seem to pin anything to Quick access .... I get an error message "this docfile has been corrupted". All the folders that were under Quick access are gone. How do I get it back? Thanks, JB * Moved from insider...
  9. Explorer Quick access automatic pins

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer Quick access automatic pins: Is there any way to prevent Quick access from automatically pinning new stuff to it without disabling it? I would like to add my own shortcuts there manually and leave it that way if possible. 115577
  10. Cannot pin Desktop to Quick Access folder in Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot pin Desktop to Quick Access folder in Explorer: Hi, opened up the file explorer, quick access pinning works fine for all other folders, but I cannot pin the Desktop folder in there. It shows up in the folders pane on the left, (I have to scroll a way up to find it..) but using the 'pin to quick access' button in the...