Windows 10: Windows 10 Explorer scroll bar jumps

Discus and support Windows 10 Explorer scroll bar jumps in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Dont know if anyone else has this problem but every time i go to rename a folder in explorer it keeps jumping to the top, very annoying. I researched... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mn072065, Aug 17, 2015.

1. mn072065 Win User

Windows 10 Explorer scroll bar jumps

Dont know if anyone else has this problem but every time i go to rename a folder in explorer it keeps jumping to the top, very annoying. I researched thru google and someone mentioned to go to Personalization, Color then choose Automatic pick an accent color from my background and turn off, so far thats working, just wondering if anyone else has this annoying problem. Thanks

:)

mn072065, Aug 17, 2015
  2. Pavan_N Win User
    Pavan_N, Aug 17, 2015
  3. G4llovidian Win User
    Problem in all Windows Explorer instances. Focus jumps to top

Hi Ravinath

The problem as shown in the video (the original problem in this thread) occurs, as I noted, in all File Explorer (Windows Explorer) instances.

Where the number of files exceeds the display size of the window and a scroll bar is invoked, the scroll bar jumps back to the top after being scrolled down

Where the number of files can be displayed in the window without invoking scroll bar, operations such as Rename are aborted if they take too long (that is before as I assume the window refreshes)

I will try the command you suggest but I am backing all my files up first.

G4llovidian, Aug 17, 2015
  4. Jeff Bozz Win User

Hey mn072065
    Had the same problem. the scroll bar would jump back to top of page, it was a big problem when scrolling through documents or renaming folder. Took your advice it seems to have worked. Thank you.
    Jeff

Jeff Bozz, Nov 3, 2015
  5. John Cordero New Member
    I have started using the free software utility named xplorer2. It does not have any problem with unwarranted jumping to the top of the file list output. This seems to suggest that the problem is with Microsoft's window explorer utility.

John Cordero, Jun 25, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Explorer scroll bar jumps - Similar Threads - Explorer scroll bar

2. Scroll Bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Scroll Bar: Every time I go to my photo folder where I have 100's of files and pictures, I scroll down 50-60 rows of pictures and while looking at the pictures, after 20-30 seconds the scroll bars automatically scrolls all the way to the top on its own. (Every Time I scroll down) I...
  3. Scrolling and jumping

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scrolling and jumping: I have problems with my screen on the internet. It scrolls erratically, jumping around. It jumps back and forth to pages elsewhere in the history. And it jumps between open tabs. And in long documents it scrolls slowly, if at all. This is largely when using touch to operate....
  4. Scroll Bar Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scroll Bar Problem: After one of the Microsoft updates, the scroll bar on my windows mail has become hair-thin, making it extremely hard to get the cursor on it just right, in order to scroll up or down, please help! (this is only on the mail section, all other windows have a 1/4 inch diameter,...
  5. Scroll Bar Problem

Scroll Bar Problem: After one of the Microsoft updates, the scroll bar on my windows mail has become hair-thin, making it extremely hard to get the cursor on it just right, in order to scroll up or down, please help! (this is only on the mail section, all other windows have a 1/4 inch diameter,...
  6. SCROLL BAR difficulty

SCROLL BAR difficulty: I would like to return to the way scroll bars looked and behaved. Earlier versions of windows had a little lever icon that slid up and down. Now scrolls are long colored areas. I'm never sure what to grab with the mouse; the lighter color or the darker color. Also the...
  7. Widen scroll bar Windows 10

Widen scroll bar Windows 10: How to widen scroll bar in Windows 10 And change other items sizes etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/widen-scroll-bar-windows-10/24c1df8e-8c76-4653-8421-d5274608d6dc
  8. Horizontal Scroll Jump

in Windows 10 Support
    Horizontal Scroll Jump: Has there been any progress in fixing Windows 10 way of auto scrolling to the right/jumping to the left in a folder when you try to select a file with the mouse? 110558
  9. file explorer scroll bar keep jumping to top

in Windows 10 Support
    file explorer scroll bar keep jumping to top: Hi Shawn. Can you help with file explorer scroll bar that keep on jumping to the top. I actually knew it since few builds back. I thought it's already resolved. That was why, last week when I got an offer of free upgrade on my samsung ativ running win 8.1n didn't think...
  10. Scroll Bar movement in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Support
    Scroll Bar movement in Windows 10.: I purchased a new laptop computer for my father who recently had his 91st birthday. Previously he was using windows XP with minor operating concerns. Part of the package when buying the new computer was an update to Windows 10. He is now having a problem with the scroll...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows explorer windows 10 jumping