Windows 10: Windows 10 Explorer scroll bar jumps

Discus and support Windows 10 Explorer scroll bar jumps in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Dont know if anyone else has this problem but every time i go to rename a folder in explorer it keeps jumping to the top, very annoying. I researched... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mn072065, Aug 17, 2015.

1. mn072065 Win User

Windows 10 Explorer scroll bar jumps

Dont know if anyone else has this problem but every time i go to rename a folder in explorer it keeps jumping to the top, very annoying. I researched thru google and someone mentioned to go to Personalization, Color then choose Automatic pick an accent color from my background and turn off, so far thats working, just wondering if anyone else has this annoying problem. Thanks

:)

mn072065, Aug 17, 2015
  2. Pavan_N Win User
    Pavan_N, Aug 17, 2015
  3. Problem in all Windows Explorer instances. Focus jumps to top

Hi Ravinath

The problem as shown in the video (the original problem in this thread) occurs, as I noted, in all File Explorer (Windows Explorer) instances.

Where the number of files exceeds the display size of the window and a scroll bar is invoked, the scroll bar jumps back to the top after being scrolled down

Where the number of files can be displayed in the window without invoking scroll bar, operations such as Rename are aborted if they take too long (that is before as I assume the window refreshes)

I will try the command you suggest but I am backing all my files up first.

G4llovidian, Aug 17, 2015
  4. Jeff Bozz Win User

Hey mn072065
    Had the same problem. the scroll bar would jump back to top of page, it was a big problem when scrolling through documents or renaming folder. Took your advice it seems to have worked. Thank you.
    Jeff

Jeff Bozz, Nov 3, 2015
  5. I have started using the free software utility named xplorer2. It does not have any problem with unwarranted jumping to the top of the file list output. This seems to suggest that the problem is with Microsoft's window explorer utility.

John Cordero, Jun 25, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Explorer scroll bar jumps - Similar Threads - Explorer scroll bar

2. Scroll bar in Windows Explorer jumping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scroll bar in Windows Explorer jumping: I have looked at this question posed before and I tried two different solutions. I do not have a color change set in Settings, and I tried the Safe Mode and reset method. Nothings works. What is the solution, please?...
  3. Scroll bar in Windows Explorer jumping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scroll bar in Windows Explorer jumping: I have looked at this question posed before and I tried two different solutions. I do not have a color change set in Settings, and I tried the Safe Mode and reset method. Nothings works. What is the solution, please?...
  4. Scroll bar in Windows Explorer jumping

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 : Scroll bar keeps jumping to top & file explorer auto opens, bug

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 : Scroll bar keeps jumping to top & file explorer auto opens, bug: Its been 25 days am facing this issue, whenever this bug appears and need to refresh many times and then after it came to normal.One more bug is with the file explorer whenever try to open other apps the file explorer auto opens. This both the bugs happens at the same time &...
  6. Windows Explorer: Selecting Folder Scroll Jump

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer: Selecting Folder Scroll Jump: I'll do my best to describe this. Lots of times (not always) when I select a folder in the tree in the left panel, the tree will "jump"/ "auto-scroll" to another location in the tree, so that the original folder I was trying to click isn't even visible because it's farther...
  7. Scroll Bar jumping to top of page

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scroll Bar jumping to top of page: After the last update I now have the same issue: It occurs in File Explorer on the program menu start. It also prevents drop down boxes on web pages being used, with out using the arrow down key!!!!...
  8. Scroll Bar jumping to top of page

Scroll Bar jumping to top of page: I have seen this topic posted in old posts from 2015. After the last update I now have the same issue: It occurs in File Explorer on the program menu start, It also prevents drop down boxes on web pages being used, with out using the arrow down key!!!! I have followed...
  9. New : Scroll Bar jumping to top of page

New : Scroll Bar jumping to top of page: I have seen this topic posted in old posts from 2015. After the last update I now have the same issue: It occurs in File Explorer on the program menu start, It also prevents drop down boxes on web pages being used, with out using the arrow down key!!!! I have followed...
  10. file explorer scroll bar keep jumping to top

in Windows 10 Support
    file explorer scroll bar keep jumping to top: Hi Shawn. Can you help with file explorer scroll bar that keep on jumping to the top. I actually knew it since few builds back. I thought it's already resolved. That was why, last week when I got an offer of free upgrade on my samsung ativ running win 8.1n didn't think...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. google Windows 10 Windows explorer jumping aroundwindows

2. file explorer jumps around

3. windows 10 scroll bar jumping

4. win 10 folder contents keep jumping up and down,
  5. windows 10 file explorer jumping to the top,
  6. windows 10 file explorer jumps with touchpad scroll,
  7. windows 10 scroll bar jumps,
  8. file explorer jumps back to top,
  9. windows explorer JUMPS,
  10. windows 10 file explorer menu automatically jumps around,
  11. scroll bar jumping to top,