Windows 10 Explorer scroll bar jumps

Discus and support Windows 10 Explorer scroll bar jumps in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Dont know if anyone else has this problem but every time i go to rename a folder in explorer it keeps jumping to the top, very annoying. I researched... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mn072065, Aug 17, 2015.

1. mn072065 Win User

Dont know if anyone else has this problem but every time i go to rename a folder in explorer it keeps jumping to the top, very annoying. I researched thru google and someone mentioned to go to Personalization, Color then choose Automatic pick an accent color from my background and turn off, so far thats working, just wondering if anyone else has this annoying problem. Thanks

:)

mn072065, Aug 17, 2015
  2. Pavan_N Win User
    Pavan_N, Aug 17, 2015
  3. G4llovidian Win User
    Problem in all Windows Explorer instances. Focus jumps to top

Hi Ravinath

The problem as shown in the video (the original problem in this thread) occurs, as I noted, in all File Explorer (Windows Explorer) instances.

Where the number of files exceeds the display size of the window and a scroll bar is invoked, the scroll bar jumps back to the top after being scrolled down

Where the number of files can be displayed in the window without invoking scroll bar, operations such as Rename are aborted if they take too long (that is before as I assume the window refreshes)

I will try the command you suggest but I am backing all my files up first.

G4llovidian, Aug 17, 2015
  4. Jeff Bozz Win User

Hey mn072065
    Had the same problem. the scroll bar would jump back to top of page, it was a big problem when scrolling through documents or renaming folder. Took your advice it seems to have worked. Thank you.
    Jeff

Jeff Bozz, Nov 3, 2015
  5. John Cordero New Member
    I have started using the free software utility named xplorer2. It does not have any problem with unwarranted jumping to the top of the file list output. This seems to suggest that the problem is with Microsoft's window explorer utility.

John Cordero, Jun 25, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Explorer scroll bar jumps - Similar Threads - Explorer scroll bar

2. How to scroll File Explorer context menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to scroll File Explorer context menu: Windows 10 File Explorer has a arrow at the bottom to scroll the menu, how can the menu be scrolled in the old "normal" fashion? 48187
  3. Problems with scrolling and Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with scrolling and Windows Explorer: Hello. Recently I have run into a problem with a few folders in my computer. I have my files organized by type and when I try to scroll through the file types, the folder will freeze necessitating a restarting of Windows Explorer on the Task Manager. This problem doesn't...
  4. How do you make the scrolling smoother on Windows Explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do you make the scrolling smoother on Windows Explorer?: The scrolling is really jumpy and it is not smooth at all compared to Windows 7. I have some big folders and I'm not deleting stuff in them. I want the scrolling to go down smoothly and not be so jumpy and jerky. This problem also happens when I view a PDF reader that was...
  5. Touchpad Scroll work in Firefox, Explorer but not in Store, Edge

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad Scroll work in Firefox, Explorer but not in Store, Edge: Hi guys, hope someone can fix this: Lenovo Thinkpad R500 - Touchpad scroll works in Internet Explorer, Firefox, File Explorer, Device manager, Help and some other places, but it does not work in Start menu or any menu under Control panel, Edge or Windows Store - no matter...
  6. file explorer scroll bar keep jumping to top

in Windows 10 Support
    file explorer scroll bar keep jumping to top: Hi Shawn. Can you help with file explorer scroll bar that keep on jumping to the top. I actually knew it since few builds back. I thought it's already resolved. That was why, last week when I got an offer of free upgrade on my samsung ativ running win 8.1n didn't think...
  7. File Explorer Auto Scrolling When Returning (<) From Another Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Auto Scrolling When Returning (<) From Another Folder: I have goggled and done al the thongs commonly posted out there with no change. When viewing scrolled down a list of folders moving the folder I want up to a level where I want it on screen, then opening the folder to view the content inside, when I back out of this folder...
  8. How to get horiz scrolling in Navigation Pane in Win 10 Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get horiz scrolling in Navigation Pane in Win 10 Explorer: Hello everyone, My fiance just got her first Windows 10 laptop recently, and the behaviour of Explorer is driving her nuts. The navigation pane on the left will not scroll horizontally (neither with a horizontal scrollbar nor auto-scrolling as it did in previous versions...
  9. How can i enable Chrome like Smooth scrolling in Windows Explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can i enable Chrome like Smooth scrolling in Windows Explorer?: Hi There, it's been a long time since i asked for help around here. Well i'm here again anyway, straight to the topic. I'm actually looking for a way to make the Windows Explorer Scroll like a Web-Browser like Chrome.. Didn't get what i mean? Here : I just...
  10. scrolling in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    scrolling in File Explorer: My background is 3840 by 1080. I have 55 pictures in a Dropbox account of that size. When I click on one of the last ones, to make it background, or just to look at it... the scroll bar on the right goes right back up to the top. Windows 8 and 8.1 did the same. It is so...