Windows 10: Windows 10 Explorer Search not populating .url files under search box and .url files...

Discus and support Windows 10 Explorer Search not populating .url files under search box and .url files... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; 1. When I search a .url internet shortcut file name inside a folder, it will not shown in the drop list below the search result field.2. When I search... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by PichuWong, Dec 8, 2022.

1. PichuWong Win User

Windows 10 Explorer Search not populating .url files under search box and .url files...

1. When I search a .url internet shortcut file name inside a folder, it will not shown in the drop list below the search result field.2. When I search a docx txt and xlsx file name, they will be shown in the drop list below the search result field.3. Then I change the url file name to "monster" and do a search, and all the drop-downlist disappeared.If I then change the url file name to something else, and do a "monster" search, the drop-downlist same as second image above will show up again.Anyone know how to fix this? maybe there is a registry to fix this? or registry to add the .url type

:)

PichuWong, Dec 8, 2022

2. File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, Dec 8, 2022
  3. Xi Zhuang Win User
    File explorer search box history dispears after click Quick access

Windows 10 version 20h2

Steps to reproduce:

1. Open file explorer

2. type something in search box

3. clear search box

4. click search box again, you will see a drop down list showing recent search history

5. click the Quick access which is located at the top of file explorer Navigation pane

6. click search box again, it does not show the history list anymore

I have to close file explorer and open it again to get the search history back.

Xi Zhuang, Dec 8, 2022
  4. THRONE945 Win User

Windows 10 Explorer Search not populating .url files under search box and .url files...

File Explorer Search

I'm having trouble using file explorer quick search.

When opening a file in file explorer search bar and searching for specific files with similar names, Windows used to auotpopulate common characters in a drop down box. Now it only populates with recently used file names within the file selected.

Is there a way to change this so when doing a general search it populates with common characters inside a file in the drop down without pressing enter to actually open the file?

THRONE945, Dec 8, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Explorer Search not populating .url files under search box and .url files... - Similar Threads - Explorer Search populating

2. Windows 10 Explorer Search not populating .url files under search box and .url files...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Explorer Search not populating .url files under search box and .url files...: 1. When I search a .url internet shortcut file name inside a folder, it will not shown in the drop list below the search result field.2. When I search a docx txt and xlsx file name, they will be shown in the drop list below the search result field.3. Then I change the url...
  3. Windows 10 Explorer Search not populating .url files under search box and .url files...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Explorer Search not populating .url files under search box and .url files...: 1. When I search a .url internet shortcut file name inside a folder, it will not shown in the drop list below the search result field.2. When I search a docx txt and xlsx file name, they will be shown in the drop list below the search result field.3. Then I change the url...
  4. Windows 10 File Explorer Search Box

in Cortana
    Windows 10 File Explorer Search Box: File Explorer Search - does anyone know how the search algorithm works or if there is any rhyme or reason for the order of results? Or better yet, do you know a way to define sort rules for this search?...
  5. .url files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .url files: so for apps like steam, to open games on the desktop, the file is a .url file. i have the latest version of windows insider build, and it just will not open. how do i fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/url-files/c9e99cac-8564-4868-bbe0-3ced22fe6671
  6. File Explorer search box

in Cortana
    File Explorer search box: When I start to type into the 'search' box on File Explorer on the right side of the address bar, if I type at normal speed the first one or two characters do not appear or are overwritten as I type. I have File Explorer set to automatically start in the 'search' box. To...
  7. File Explorer Search box

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Search box: When I start to type into the 'search' box on File Explorer on the right side of the address bar, if I type at normal speed the first one or two characters do not appear or are overwitten as I type. I have File Explorer set to automatically start in the 'search' box. To...
  8. Syntax for a search URL

in Browsers and Email
    Syntax for a search URL: A long time ago, when I had Avant Browser, there was a system for pasting a URL in a browser's address bar, & putting something at the end that would go to a specific site & do a search there. It has something to do with %s or \%s, I can't recall. For example, if you wanted...
  9. URL box

URL box: when I click on favourites, in my URL box, my full screen minimizes and my favourites do not appear. Is there a solution? I am using Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/url-box/64661687-bb34-4952-96a0-7c016942dc8b
  10. Tooltip for "..." URL/search results?

Tooltip for "..." URL/search results?: hello. as far as the URL itself goes, it is easy enough to see in the status bar at the bottom in your browser. however... i remember long ago that, if you would hover your cursor over the the actual search result, a tooltip would show letting you read the full title-thingy...