Windows 10: Windows 10 Explorer Search settings won’t save!

Discus and support Windows 10 Explorer Search settings won’t save! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello there, I recently have this problem that my Options for the windows search won’t save anymore. That means that I always have to manually set... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by vatras, Jun 3, 2017.

1. vatras Win User

Windows 10 Explorer Search settings won’t save!

Hello there,

I recently have this problem that my Options for the windows search won’t save anymore. That means that I always have to manually set them each and every time.

Most of the time I use the search for Folders with a large amount of images and sub folders.
    I search for “.” To get all Files and Sub folders in my search. Of Corse I want them to be grouped by “type” and Sorted by “name” so my results are as easy do view as possibly for me.
    I think I had to set this once and in every search after that it would automatically sort it like this.

However for a couple of weeks now, my windows just resets the search options after each and every search I do. It’s enough to open a folder within the search and backspace back into the search and it’s already back to showing every file without Grouping for Type.
    It dosnt matter if I change the folder options to a different Folder Type the result is always the same No Saved group sorting or other sorting options get saved for the next search.

As you can imagine, this can get really annoying because I often use the search in that way. Having to reactivate the search and group options not only takes my time, no it basically resets the search itself each time. And doing this for hundreds of folders is just dumb, because it has never been that way before.
    I had no problems like this in win 7, 8 or at the start of 10 but since the Cumulative update it won’t save whatever I do.
    I am sorry If some of the Options are called differently, as my windows 10 is in German not English.

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help.

:)

vatras, Jun 3, 2017
  2. Louie Del Win User

Ramifications of turning off Internet Explorer 11

Hi,

When you turn off Internet Explorer in a Windows 10 computer, it will no longer be accessible in the Start menu or even searching it from Search box. Hence, it will be the Microsoft Edge will be set as the default browser. By doing this action, it will remove
    all the saved bookmarks, settings, and
    favorites
    from IE and it won’t affect the other Windows features and programs installed on the device. The message that appears will set the expectation of users and discusses about what will happen when turning off IE is related only to the application
    that will be disabled.

We’re just here if you need further.

Louie Del, Jun 3, 2017
  3. Saving File Explorer Search Settings

Can't tell you how much this bug introduced in 1607 bugs me too! Till 1511 (not 1507) it was fine. No acknowledgement, much less a fix, from MS of course.

Ramesh kindly investigated and gave me a partial fix
    here
    . See my subsequent comment for why it's still not a complete fix that reverts folder search view in 1607 fully back to how it was till 1511.

RobertJWin, Jun 3, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Jun 3, 2017
  5. vatras Win User
    Thank you i will try that

vatras, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Explorer Search settings won’t save! - Similar Threads - Explorer Search settings

2. Settings won’t open, computer resets and windows explorer is bugged.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings won’t open, computer resets and windows explorer is bugged.: Sometimes when I log into my computer the desktop will kind of flash and reset, as if it’s trying to open a program or something. It makes it unusable until I go into task manager and end the windows explorer task. But once I do that my screen goes black and I can’t do...
  3. Settings won’t open, computer resets and windows explorer is bugged.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings won’t open, computer resets and windows explorer is bugged.: Sometimes when I log into my computer the desktop will kind of flash and reset, as if it’s trying to open a program or something. It makes it unusable until I go into task manager and end the windows explorer task. But once I do that my screen goes black and I can’t do...
  4. Windows 10 won’t search for updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 won’t search for updates: We run many servers for cameras on Dell Machines using Windows 10. We have enabled windows 10 to automatically update under services. The issue is it will not even search for updates - for instance, we check in 2 months later and it says last checked (insert date 2 months...
  5. Windows File Explorer Saved Searches

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows File Explorer Saved Searches: I do a "Save Search" in the Windows File Explorer. For example, "comments:2017" displays all of my files with 2017 in the Comments metadata field I've added prior. I have my current default view layout as "Details" when all the 2017 files are displayed. But when I do a Save...
  6. Question regarding saved searches in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Question regarding saved searches in File Explorer: When I perform a search in File Explorer such as the one below, there is a "Search Tools" tab displayed. Then I save the search. ext:.mp4 OR .mov, modified:2/1/2015 .. 2/28/2015 Now when I double click on the saved search, it finds the same files, but there is no "Search...
  7. Windows 10 Bugs - Settings/Search Bar/Saving Images

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Bugs - Settings/Search Bar/Saving Images: Hello there! So, I've been having some problems today. It started happening a few hours ago after restarting my PC. I was doing an update for my anti virus, and when I started using my computer again, it started bugging out. I'm not sure if that's what caused it, or if...
  8. windows 10 explorer search

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 explorer search: windows 10 explorer search stoped working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-explorer-search/c3e31840-b8c7-478a-8c89-4e237bff2fa6
  9. print/save as .txt explorer search results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    print/save as .txt explorer search results: Good Day all I'm hoping there is a way to save what explorer finds into a text file or even excel. i have a bunch of music scaterd on a few drives and would like to know what is where and sort out dupes all help is greatly appreciated I was able to do it with tree...
  10. Save a Search in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Save a Search in Windows 10: How to: Save a Search in Windows 10 How to Save a Search in Windows 10 [img] Information Windows 10 offers you many ways to search for files on your PC. One way is using the Search Box in File Explorer to search only in the current folder, or search in the current...