Windows 10: Windows 10: Explorer selects items on mouseover

Discus and support Windows 10: Explorer selects items on mouseover in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi! Recently I've encountered either a bug or a feature that maybe I accidentally activated. Basically, only on Explorer, when I put the mouse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SebastianAraneda1, Mar 8, 2021.

1. Windows 10: Explorer selects items on mouseover

Hi! Recently I've encountered either a bug or a feature that maybe I accidentally activated.

Basically, only on Explorer, when I put the mouse hovering an item, without clicking it selects the item. This has made me encounter many problems when I accidentally "double click" a file and open it being the first "click" the one that is made for me.

This only occurs on Explorer. Hovering above, let's say, the tabs on Chrome don't reproduce the issue. I also tried the following:

• Disabled my Touchpad and only working with the mouse: The issue still happens.
    • Disconnected my mouse and only working with the Touchpad: The issue still happens
    • Hovering over the files of an unselected Explorer tab on my second monitor: Works normally
    • Disabled Touchpad buttons and click select: The issue still happens

I don't know what else to try. Any help is welcomed.

Thanks!

:)

SebastianAraneda1, Mar 8, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 8, 2021
  3. mixa Win User
    Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Windows 10: Explorer selects items on mouseover wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

mixa, Mar 8, 2021
  4. Samoreen Win User

Windows 10: Explorer selects items on mouseover

File Explorer reads the contents of the selected item - How to avoid ?

Hi,

In File Explorer, when I select an item, be it a folder or a file, I see the hourglass appear twice and I think that File Explorer is reading the file or folder contents in order to determine which information it should display in the bar below the menu. I don't want this.

When I open a folder, select a file and then select another item by using the down arrow, the same process occurs for each new selected item. This makes traversing the list with the down arrow very, very slow.

How can I disable this annoying behavior ?

Thanks in advance.

Samoreen, Mar 8, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10: Explorer selects items on mouseover

1. Windows 10: Explorer selects items on mouseover - Similar Threads - Explorer selects items

2. " these item you selected is unavailable"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    " these item you selected is unavailable": The computer was reimage but when trying to access Configuration Manager. A message pop up saying "The item you selected is unavailable. It might have been moved, renamed or removed. Do you want to remove it fron the list."...
  3. " these item you selected is unavailable"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    " these item you selected is unavailable": The computer was reimage but when trying to access Configuration Manager. A message pop up saying "The item you selected is unavailable. It might have been moved, renamed or removed. Do you want to remove it fron the list."...
  4. " these item you selected is unavailable"

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Odd item selection behavior in Windows 10 UI

Odd item selection behavior in Windows 10 UI: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0EodGRukMk selection jumps to top with something like a cycled "Up" button in Notification, Start menu and system settings with new UI. But legacy UI or 3rd party software are unaffected. When I reboot or stop task "Desktop Windows Manager",...
  6. Image files not showing up in Windows Explorer despite "Hidden Items" selected.

Image files not showing up in Windows Explorer despite "Hidden Items" selected.: I have been a long time user of Windows Media Player since I was I was very young but as I grew older; I started exploring other media players and found a program namedWinAmp. Although both of these programs have their own method of adding an album art to the files there...
  7. menu selected items (blue?)

menu selected items (blue?): So.. is it blue, by default? Not possible to change ? I hate this baby-blue color.... [img] 11638
  8. File Explorer open containing folder not highlighting selected item

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer open containing folder not highlighting selected item: In older versions of windows When i did a search and right click on a item and select open containing folder it used go straight to that item. But with windows it justs open the folder then you have to again for the same file. Is there any way to get the old search...
  9. Reducing the mouseover delay when selecting an icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Reducing the mouseover delay when selecting an icon: Hi, I'm using the option "Single Click to open an item" option and I notice a delay of half a second between the cursor making contact with the icon and it being selected. This isn' a huge deal but I would like to lower it if possible. Looked around for something involving...
  10. File Explorer reads the contents of the selected item - How to avoid ?

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer reads the contents of the selected item - How to avoid ?: Hi, In File Explorer, when I select an item, be it a folder or a file, I see the hourglass appear twice and I think that File Explorer is reading the file or folder contents in order to determine which information it should display in the bar below the menu. I don't want...