Windows 10: Windows [10] explorer showing results in Temporary Burn Folder

Discus and support Windows [10] explorer showing results in Temporary Burn Folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Doing a search of a directory of photos now suddenly results are showing up that list my pictures as located in folder "Temporary Burn Folder". They... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AgedNerd, Jul 8, 2019.

1. AgedNerd Win User

Windows [10] explorer showing results in Temporary Burn Folder

Doing a search of a directory of photos now suddenly results are showing up that list my pictures as located in folder "Temporary Burn Folder". They aren't in that folder.

One suggestion I found was to open the Run Box {<Windows><R>} and type
    shell:cd burning

I did that. It took me to a "burning" directory with three empty subfolders, all showing the same folder name: "Temporary Burn Folder"

I deleted them. None of my files showing up in the search as being in the "Temporary Burn Folder" disappeared.

So, then, I re-ran the search, and the folders are still showing up as being in the "Temporary Burn Folder" which seems to no longer exist.

This is a new problem.

My question is "How do I stop having Windows Explorer file searches erroneously report files to be in a phantom folder called 'Temporary Burn Folder'?"

Bonus question: why is this suddenly happening to me? When I googled "Temporary Burn Folder" I got hits related to having files readied to be burned onto a CD, but I do not want, and have never done anything intentionally, to identify these files as ones I want to be burned onto a CD.

P.s. When I now type "shell:cd burning" into the Run Box, I get the following error message:

shell:cd burning

Windows cannot find 'shell:cd burning'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.

The empty folder C:\Users\{me}\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Burn still exists. I recreated a subfolder "Temporary Burn Folder" but still got the same error message.

P.p.s.

:)

AgedNerd, Jul 8, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 8, 2019
  3. Is it safe to delete "temporary burn folders

Temporary Folders are a directory for holding Temporary Files.

Temporary Burn Folders is a standard feature of Windows 7.

It only shows up if you have files waiting to be written to a CD/DVD.

Windows usually cleans out Temporary Files after a period of time or on re-boot.

I would be wary of deleting these Temp Burn Folders if you are storing these films / movies on your computer just for viewing.

Try put one onto a USB storage device and then Delete only that one out of your Temporary Burn Folder.

Can you still access that one afterwards.

If you can then it should be safe to delete these.

A way to get rid of these is :

1. 1 : Click Start , type "Shell:CD burning" in the search box, and press Enter.
    2. 2 : Right click on the files in the Burn folder and select Delete.
    3. 3 : In the confirmation window, click Yes
    4. Does that help?

Frank N St31n, Jul 8, 2019
  4. Windows [10] explorer showing results in Temporary Burn Folder

Windows Explorer closes after selcting burn to disc

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R to open run command.
    • Type shell:CD burning.
    • Then if any Temporary burn folder is there,delete it and then try burning the DVD and check.

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Jul 8, 2019
Thema:

Windows [10] explorer showing results in Temporary Burn Folder

1. Windows [10] explorer showing results in Temporary Burn Folder - Similar Threads - explorer showing results

2. windows explorer search won't show any results

in Cortana
    windows explorer search won't show any results: Windows explorer search won't show any results. I've tried the 10 step method listed in the web search. no luck. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-search-wont-show-any-results/efa2a09c-efbd-48bb-a0d7-df4f30f000f4
  3. Desktop folder not showing in file explorer; Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop folder not showing in file explorer; Windows 10: I have a new build pc with Windows 10. When I look at file explorer I'm not seeing the "desktop" folder, although I'm seeing 2 x "download" folders, each of which show the 3 folders I actually have on my desktop... [ATTACH] Even if I drill down into "Windows C: / Users",...
  4. Desktop folder not showing in Windows 10 file explorer

Desktop folder not showing in Windows 10 file explorer: I have a new build pc with Windows 10. When I look at file explorer I'm not seeing the "desktop" folder, although I'm seeing 2 x "download" folders, each of which show the 3 folders I actually have on my desktop [ATTACH] Even if I go drill down into "Windows C: / Users",...
  5. Temporary folders in Windows 10 root directory

Temporary folders in Windows 10 root directory: I have been running Windows 10, upgraded from Windows 7, for several years. All of that time the system has been adding "temporary" folders of the form MSIxxxxxx.tmp and pbtempxx and _xxxxxxxx_ which now amount to well over 1000 items and cannot easily be removed and arè not...
  6. Certain Folders Not Showing in Windows Explorer

Certain Folders Not Showing in Windows Explorer: Hello, I am experiencing an issue where certain folders are not showing in the list of folders under "Videos". I have a folder in the Videos folder, and I can search for it and search for files in that particular folder, and they appear, but the the folder where they are...
  7. My Desktop is now called Temporary Burn Folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Desktop is now called Temporary Burn Folder: I was looking for some files on my computer when I noticed that the Desktop folder is called Temporary Burn Folder. I don't know why it's called that. [ATTACH]...
  8. File Explorer folders not showing

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer folders not showing: I am unable to open File Explorer to the normal view (folders/files listed down left side of screen e,g, Libraries; OneDrive; This PC; Local C; Network etc.). All I see is Quick Access. I have restarted my computer and reset File Explorer defaults. I have tried to...
  9. Windows shows two different Temporary files folder sizes

Windows shows two different Temporary files folder sizes: The storage distribution shows 11.5 GB in Temporary files but that folder has only 68.9 MB in reality. I tried running disk cleanup multiple times but it clearly didn't work. I started facing this problem when I initiated the 'Remove files' process and had to restart the...
  10. Burn Disk not working in Windows 10 Explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Burn Disk not working in Windows 10 Explorer: I burnt a bunch of data files in a CD using the Finish Burning feature in Windows Explorer - but now when I insert the CD, there is no content in the disc. I had dropped files into this same screen, and click on the Finish burning button to burn the disc. I am using Windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. temporary burn folder

2. temporary burn folder in windows 10

3. tEN=MPORARY BURN FOLDER

4. burn folder windows 10,
  5. temporary burn folder win 10,
  6. temporary burn folder windows 10,
  7. why does my windows explorer show a folder name temporary burn folder?,
  8. files waiting to be burned location