Windows 10: Windows 10 Export / Import Settings - "Easy Button"

Discus and support Windows 10 Export / Import Settings - "Easy Button" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Situation - I go through and get all my user specific settings just the way I like it and I'd like to export everything for safe keeping, by hitting an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by stamandk, Feb 29, 2020.

1. stamandk Win User

Windows 10 Export / Import Settings - "Easy Button"

Situation - I go through and get all my user specific settings just the way I like it and I'd like to export everything for safe keeping, by hitting an "Export Settings" button from the main "Windows Settings" screen

Reasons - I choose to reset to factory settings, get a new PC, logon to a different PC and I'd like to simply import and apply the same settings

Target Environment - Windows 10 Home, personal PC, General User. Although I am familiar with PowerShell and the various github scripts out there for debloating or customization, I'm thinking about Jane and Joe average user - as in, I don't want to be my families IT support person.

Questions - does something like this already exist I am aware of "Sync Settings", but that does not appear to save every / all personal tweaks? Is there already a feature request to MS for such a capability and if not, anyone mind pointing me to the best place to request such a feature?

Thanks in advance to all kind responses.

:)

stamandk, Feb 29, 2020
  2. tae111 Win User

Import or Export Favorites as HTML File in Microsoft Edge

When I go to View Favorites settings I only have the Import option. There is no option listed for export at all.

I have version Windows 10 version 1511

tae111, Feb 29, 2020
  3. Import/Export Contacts

Hi,

Basically, I want to manually sync contacts back and forth, between my computer and my phone.

Going from computer to phone, the easiest way for me has been exporting/backing up the computer's .vcf file, moving it to my phone, delete my phones current contact list, and then importing the .vcf file from the computer, which instantly results in an complete, updated list.

However, going in the other direction is my problem.

If I try to do the same in reverse, trying to import the .vcf file into the computer contacts, it wants to do it one contact at a time, instead of the full list all at once.

I suppose they can be Imported/Exported thru gmail, but I would prefer doing it directly...phone contacts only, without importing gmail contacts

Thanks

kitpzyxmsir, Feb 29, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Export / Import Settings - "Easy Button"

IE favourites names too long to import - need to edit html

Hi Ford,

I appreciate you for providing the details of the issue.

I suggest you to perform below steps, if you are comfortable in editing html file.

Follow the steps below.

• Right Click on Favorites file and Click on Open with Notepad.
    • Edit and shorten Favorite name after the Url link.
    • Click on Save.
    To import file try the below step.

• Open Internet Explorer.

• Click on the Star > "Add to Favorites" drop-down > "Import and Export"

• Mark a box "Import from a file".

• Click the Next button.

• Mark a box "Favorites".

• On the next screen, using a Browse button find a file "bookmarks.html", highlight it, and click OPEN.

• Click on "Next" button.

• Click on "Import" button.

• Click on "Finish" button.
    Disclaimer: Make sure to backup Favorites file.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, Feb 29, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Export / Import Settings - "Easy Button"

1. Windows 10 Export / Import Settings - "Easy Button" - Similar Threads - Export Import Settings

2. Windows 10 exporting and importing users?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 exporting and importing users?: Hi,I have two PC's running Windows 10 Professional. On one of them, I have created quite a few users. I would like to create the same users on the second PC. I'd like each user to have the same password on both PC's, the same group assignments, and the same settings like...
  3. Windows 10 exporting and importing users?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 exporting and importing users?: Hi,I have two PC's running Windows 10 Professional. On one of them, I have created quite a few users. I would like to create the same users on the second PC. I'd like each user to have the same password on both PC's, the same group assignments, and the same settings like...
  4. Windows 10 exporting and importing users?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to Import or Export Group Policy settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Import or Export Group Policy settings in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you are going to apply the same Group Policy settings on multiple computers, you can use the Export and Import feature. In this article, […] This article How to Import or Export Group Policy settings in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. Export/Import Windows 10 user profiles

in Windows 10 Customization
    Export/Import Windows 10 user profiles: I am preparing 6 Surface pro 6s to use in my small business. I believe they all have Windows 10 home. I have 20 employees that will need access to each tablet. I need to create 20 user accounts on each tablet. Once a tablet has all the user accounts I want on it. Is there...
  7. Photos Import / Export

in Windows 10 Customization
    Photos Import / Export: I am trying to import photos from my laptop to my android using Microsoft Launcher - Windows10 , the import/export icons are gone and cannot be found anywhere ??? Any suggestions ?...
  8. Export and Import Exploit Protection Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Export and Import Exploit Protection Settings in Windows 10: How to: Export and Import Exploit Protection Settings in Windows 10 How to Export and Import Windows Defender Exploit Protection Settings in Windows 10 Starting with Windows Defender Security Center. Exploit protection is built into Windows 10 to help protect your...
  9. Export and Import Power Plan in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Export and Import Power Plan in Windows 10: How to: Export and Import Power Plan in Windows 10 [img] Information A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings that manages how computers use and conserve power. A power plan is also known as a power scheme. You can create custom power plans that are...
  10. Import/Export Contacts

in Windows 10 Support
    Import/Export Contacts: Hi, Basically, I want to manually sync contacts back and forth, between my computer and my phone. Going from computer to phone, the easiest way for me has been exporting/backing up the computer's .vcf file, moving it to my phone, delete my phones current contact list,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. import button in windows 10

2. where is the import button in windows 10

3. where is the import button on windows 10