Windows 10: Windows 10: Extensions for Edge to arrive with Redstone in 2016

Discus and support Windows 10: Extensions for Edge to arrive with Redstone in 2016 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; ...Insiders will likely get to mess with extensions before the summer however, as the Insider Program will likely begin receiving new Redstone builds... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Cluster Head, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Windows 10: Extensions for Edge to arrive with Redstone in 2016

Read more: Windows 10: Extensions for Edge to arrive with Redstone in 2016

Cluster Head, Oct 19, 2015

2. No one will care about Edge by then. Not that many care about it now either, though.

:)

BrownianMotion, Oct 19, 2015
  3. Sumit Dhiman2, Oct 19, 2015
  4. BulldogXX Win User

Windows 10: Extensions for Edge to arrive with Redstone in 2016

Looking for how to get back to my plugins specifically Adobe convert webpage in Edge

Microsoft Edge doesn't support extensions, and won't until the Redstone upgrade in mid-2016. Until then, use Google Chrome, which has 'save to PDF' built-in.

BulldogXX, Oct 19, 2015
  5. larc919 Win User
    I'm totally unimpressed with Edge. No way was/is it ready for prime time. Once it can do more for me than Firefox can, I may consider giving it a closer look.

larc919, Oct 19, 2015
  6. So much for giving the default apps a shot...
    Give the default apps a shot
    It's simply amazing they think they can get away with under developed software like this and expect it to gain traction.

Coke Robot, Oct 19, 2015
  7. sygnus21 Win User
    All the article did for me was make me remove the icon from my taskbar. I'll revisit it when Microsoft figures out what they want to do. For now I'll just stick with the plain ole IE11.

@ Coke Robot,

I think MS pretty much knew Edge was a work in progress, which is why they also included IE11 as well. Why they decided to make Edge the default Win 10 browser was/is a bit of a mystery considering it's clearly not ready for prime time. But I do think it (Edge) was included to give users a taste of what's to come with the new browser.

My two cents *Smile

sygnus21, Oct 19, 2015
  8. tcman50 Win User

Chrome crushes Edge without even trying, Microsoft should be ashamed.

tcman50, Oct 19, 2015
  9. Edge is the one default app I like; I don't use extensions anyway, even in Chrome.

fracking4oil, Oct 19, 2015
  10. BunnyJ New Member
    Chrome has been around a lot longer and had a lot more development to get to the point where it is now,

BunnyJ, Oct 19, 2015
  11. sygnus21 Win User
    Exactly. So "Chrome crushes Edge without even trying, Microsoft should be ashamed." Isn't really saying anything; In fact it would be shameful if Microsoft did beat it out at this point of game *Wink

sygnus21, Oct 19, 2015
  12. A more relevant fact would be that "Edge will never be anywhere near the same level as Chrome at any point in time."

BrownianMotion, Oct 20, 2015
  13. BunnyJ New Member

Really?? I'd give Edge the same time that Chrome has had and let's see where it is then. Remember Chrome is up to at least version 45 and it's been around for about 7 years.,

BunnyJ, Oct 20, 2015
  14. Given Microsoft's track record, I wouldn't be too optimistic.

BrownianMotion, Oct 20, 2015
  15. sygnus21 Win User
    *really... That's nice *sarc

sygnus21, Oct 20, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10: Extensions for Edge to arrive with Redstone in 2016 - Similar Threads - Extensions Edge arrive

2. Edge Extensions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Edge Extensions: Hi, While regularly browsing with the new Edge I end up with around 90 or so process for around 30ish tabs. These 90 processes bring the app to an absolute crawl using roughly 70% cpu usage on a 3930k and around 70% memory usage on 32gb ddr3 ram. I feel like this is most...
  3. Edge extensions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Edge extensions: Is there still no way to stop Edge from turning off extensions automatically? I use an S/MIME extension that it likes to turn off and it's a pain in the ass to have to shut everything down and log back into my work email every time it does it. submitted by /u/dronesitter...
  4. Edge EXTENSIONS

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge EXTENSIONS: Is there any way of getting the TIME and DATE on to Edge Extension/Taskbar ? And - when will the new Edge with Chrome extensions be released ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-extensions/10b0f99f-4c15-4e35-97e9-3a6cffd80b09
  5. Edge Extensions

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Edge Extensions: I have a Dell Latitude 10 ST2E Table running Windows 10 Ver. 1607, Build 14393.2551. I had the RoboForm Extension Installed. On one of the recent updates, the extension disappeared. If I go back into the Microsoft Store to download it, it says you own this product but the...
  6. Edge extensions

in Browsers and Email
    Edge extensions: Does MS Edge support add-ons/extensions? I use Last Pass & xmarks in Firefox, IE and Chrome. Is it possible to use them in Edge? Thanks. 13599
  7. Project Redstone- the NEXT big (pair of) updates for 2016

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Project Redstone- the NEXT big (pair of) updates for 2016: Hi, the next major update next year will apparently arrive in two phases. Redstone Arrives In Two Waves, June And October 2016 30773
  8. Major Windows 10 'Redstone' updates tipped for 2016

in Windows 10 News
    Major Windows 10 'Redstone' updates tipped for 2016: The final version of Windows 10 isn’t even available yet, but talk of what comes next is already popping up. Microsoft reportedly has two major updates to Windows 10 slated for 2016 that will parallel the release schedule for Windows 10 this year. Codenamed "Redstone"—a...
  9. Microsoft Confirms File Explorer Overhaul, Could Arrive in Redstone

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Confirms File Explorer Overhaul, Could Arrive in Redstone: Although no details have been provided, it’s expected that the upcoming File Explorer update could bring tabs and touch support, as these are two of the most requested features in the Windows 10 Feedback app at the moment. Tab support would allow users to work with multiple...
  10. Upcoming Windows 10 Redstone builds to feature more Edge improvements

in Windows 10 News
    Upcoming Windows 10 Redstone builds to feature more Edge improvements: Microsoft has finally started implementing new features in its latest internal Redstone builds, the first of which appear to focus on the company’s new Windows 10 browser, Edge. Microsoft is working to make Edge a viable alternative to other popular web browsers in Redstone,...