Windows 10: Windows 10 External Monitor with DisplayPort Cable

Discus and support Windows 10 External Monitor with DisplayPort Cable in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello!! I have a Lenovo M715q. I am trying to connect a ThinkVision E24 External monitor to the computer. It does not recognize it or detect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ColoradoMTs, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Windows 10 External Monitor with DisplayPort Cable

Hello!!

I have a Lenovo M715q. I am trying to connect a ThinkVision E24 External monitor to the computer. It does not recognize it or detect it. I've updated all of the Drivers. The monitor only has a VGA and DisplayPort Cable Input. I have a DisplayPort to DisplayPort cable connecting the monitor to my computer. I've tried going thru my BIOS, but Windows 10 does not have a Display option like Windows 7 where I could disable the Auto feature and enable multiple monitors. Any Ideas?

Thanks!!

:)

ColoradoMTs, Dec 21, 2018

2. Can't Pull Out USB-C to Displayport Cable From Monitor End?

https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matter...41297702&sr=8-3&keywords=usb+c+to+displayport

I bought this usb-c to displayport cable not long ago because i was getting another monitor to have 2 monitors. That monitor did not have hdmi so i had to buy this cable. I have a dell xps 15 9550 laptop and have 2 monitors both are 24' and 1920x1200 resolution. One of them i connect from hdmi to hdmi. The other monitor is an asus 24' monitor that i used the usb c to displayport cable to connect it. This is what i bought.

https://www.amazon.com/PA248Q-ProAr...F8&qid=1541297862&sr=1-1&keywords=asus+pa248q

Thus i have 2 monitors connected to my dell laptop. When i got the cable, i plugged it in and it works good. However, last time when i tried to unplug the usb-c to displayport cable from the asus monitor... i could not pull it out. Its like stuck and i did not want to use a lot of strength to do it. Also when i did this, the monitor seemed to not power on and was worried i damaged it but it was the power cord being a bit loose.

Has anyone here ever had this happen before? Thus my other monitor... which is hdmi to hdmi, very easy to pull out the cable from either my laptop or the monitor's end. But with the usb-c to displayport... i cannot pull out the displayport cable from my monitor's end. Of course the usb-c part from my laptop is easy to unplug.
    Does anyone know what im doing wrong here? The usb-c to display port does say hold to release etc but whatever i do, i cannot unplug it for some reason.

• Has anyone here got the same cable as i do? Are displayport cables harder to pull out than hdmi cables?

paulyjustin, Dec 21, 2018
  3. Amit_Sun Win User
    External Monitor displaying at 1920x1080 and not 2560x1080

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This issue could be because of the cable you are using to connect the monitor, below are few information you will find helpful.

HDMI cable supports 1080p of maximum resolution, whereas DVI-D cable supports 1680 x 1050, mini DisplayPort supports 2560 x 1440 and mini DisplayPort to VGA supports 192x1050 resolution.

I suggest you to try with different cable and check if that works and try the below steps and check if that helps.

Steps:

1. I suggest you to
      uninstall
      the Intel graphics driver from

the device manager
      and reboot the computer once and check.
    2. I also suggest you to
      Download drivers and firmware for Surface
      and check.
    3. You can also open Intel graphics properties and try to change the display resolution from there.

Additional information:
    Displays that work with Surface Studio

If you still face the issue, please reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Dec 21, 2018
  4. ajamesuk Win User

Windows 10 External Monitor with DisplayPort Cable

Would Windows recognise 2x displayport monitors and a 3rd off HDMI?

Hi all,

I am running Win10 with a 1080ti GPU. My 1080ti has two HDMI and two displayport connections.

I would like to have two monitors on my desk which use displayport connections and a HDMI cable running to my TV as a third monitor.

I would only want Windows to show either the two displayport monitors OR the HDMI/TV. I will never want Windows displaying on all three.

I wouldn't have easy access to behind my PC to manually swap cables so I would like to know if Windows would support what I'm suggesting.

I would appreciate any help or advice.

Kind regards

Andrew

ajamesuk, Dec 21, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 External Monitor with DisplayPort Cable

1. Windows 10 External Monitor with DisplayPort Cable - Similar Threads - External Monitor DisplayPort

2. DisplayPort cable broke my monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DisplayPort cable broke my monitor: So I bought a brand new display cable today, I plugged it in to my graphics card, it worked until I plugged in my second monitor cable, which is hdmi to the graphics card as well and then the screen had tore all the way to the top, including flickering on the main monitor, I...
  3. DisplayPort cable broke my monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DisplayPort cable broke my monitor: So I bought a brand new display cable today, I plugged it in to my graphics card, it worked until I plugged in my second monitor cable, which is hdmi to the graphics card as well and then the screen had tore all the way to the top, including flickering on the main monitor, I...
  4. DisplayPort cable broke my monitor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows DisplayPort external monitor sleep rearrange

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows DisplayPort external monitor sleep rearrange: I'm talking about this https://devblogs.microsoft.com/directx/avoid-unexpected-app-rearrangement/many articles have been written about this but meanwhile things still don't workI tried joining the Insider Program, but it didn't offer me any new updates. I feel like that...
  6. Windows DisplayPort external monitor sleep rearrange

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows DisplayPort external monitor sleep rearrange: I'm talking about this https://devblogs.microsoft.com/directx/avoid-unexpected-app-rearrangement/many articles have been written about this but meanwhile things still don't workI tried joining the Insider Program, but it didn't offer me any new updates. I feel like that...
  7. Windows DisplayPort external monitor sleep rearrange

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Bootcamp Windows 10 Issues with External Monitor on DisplayPort

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bootcamp Windows 10 Issues with External Monitor on DisplayPort: I am running a MacBook Pro 2016 on Windows 10 BootCamp and am having issues connecting to my external display Sceptre C27. I know the issue is not with the cable because I have tried two new USB C - DP cables. On Bootcamp, HDMI works perfectly fine and on Mac, the monitor...
  9. Dual 2560x1440 Monitors using DisplayPort Cable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual 2560x1440 Monitors using DisplayPort Cable: I have two identical HP EliteDisplay E273q 27-Inch LED Monitors. HP Probook Laptop HP usb-c Dock Adapter Intel UHD Graphics 350 My trouble is that when I use the dock which has two DisplayPort ports - one monitor shows up at 2560x1440 while the other gets stuck at...
  10. Displayport versions and cables

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Displayport versions and cables: I have an Acer XB270HU (displayport only) display that I was driving happily with a pair of 780s in SLI, but now I've built a new rig based on a Gigibyte GA-Z270X Gaming 5. I'm so far only using motherboard video, but while I can put HDMI out to a different monitor, I can't...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 connect vga monitor on mini displayport

2. Windows 10 not reconizing 3rd monitor connected in mini Displayport mode

3. conectar monitor displayport window 10

4. windows 10 external monitor displayport,
  5. windows phoene cable to monitor,
  6. connect mini displayport monitor windows 10