Windows 10: Windows 10 External USB Keyboard not working after Hibernate

Discus and support Windows 10 External USB Keyboard not working after Hibernate in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm using an Acer Laptop with Windows 10 v1909 OS Build 18363.720. My issue is whenever I put my laptop in Hibernate, the external USB Keyboard A4Tech... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LeomerLubo, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Windows 10 External USB Keyboard not working after Hibernate

I'm using an Acer Laptop with Windows 10 v1909 OS Build 18363.720. My issue is whenever I put my laptop in Hibernate, the external USB Keyboard A4Tech will stop working. The External USB Mouse works fine but not the keyboard and I can replicate this issue every time I put the laptop on Hibernate. I have tried re-installing the USB port driver and Keyboard HID Keyboard Device driver and make sure the power management option "Allow this device to wake the computer" is ticked. This issue happens even if I am using other USB ports. I have another identical laptop and this issue is not happening there. When restarting the PC or putting it on sleep, I cannot replicate the issue, it's just when I put it on Hibernate. Any other steps that you may recommend?

:)

LeomerLubo, Mar 16, 2020

2. External USB Keyboard Glitches & Hibernate Issue

How is my favorite problem solving community doing today? I have not just one, but two problems for you to solve!

Problems:

• Occasionally my external USB keyboard glitches.
    • Whenever I click the hibernate button my PC shuts down, except on rare occasions.

What I know:

• When I press a key the entire keyboard restarts( I know because my keyboard has back lighting which switches off & turns back on a few seconds later ). But this happens on some occasions
    • I know nothing of the hibernate problem as nor my brother and I have done anything which can cause this.

Your help will be greatly appreciated, especially with the 2nd problem.

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Power on or off a device]

Aman Kandy, Mar 16, 2020
  3. External USB Keyboard Glitches & Hibernate Issue

Hi Aman,

Usually, a corrupted power plan can cause strange issues with power and sleep settings. If you are using a custom power plan which you have created, delete it and use one of the built-in standard power plans. See if it resolves the issue. If
    the issue persists, the problem could be related to the display drivers. We suggest installing the latest version of the display drivers from the manufacturer's website.

Regarding the issue with your external keyboard, have you tried to isolate the issue by using a different keyboard? Also, have you tried running the
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter? If you haven't done so, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter to scan your computer, identify the problems, and attempt to fix the issues automatically. You may refer to the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R and type Control Panel.
    • Type troubleshooting in the search bar and click on
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Mar 16, 2020
  4. Windows 10 External USB Keyboard not working after Hibernate

External USB Keyboard Glitches & Hibernate Issue

Hello Aman,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Verify the make and model of your computer.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • What is the make and model of your USB keyboard?

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Mar 16, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 External USB Keyboard not working after Hibernate

1. Windows 10 External USB Keyboard not working after Hibernate - Similar Threads - External USB Keyboard

2. External keyboard not working with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External keyboard not working with Windows 10: This one is challenging and not even the keyboard manufacturer can give me the correct answer. I moved from the US to Ecuador. I have a Samsung laptop with Windows 10. I bought a Logitech keyboard here in Ecuador with Spanish language keys. Some of the top number keys have...
  3. AlphaNumeric Keyboard numbers not working on USB External Keyboards

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AlphaNumeric Keyboard numbers not working on USB External Keyboards: The number keys on the alphanumeric portion of my USB keyboard are not working except for 5 and 6 and % and ^. I am running Windows 10 with latest critical patches, The problem started about 2 weeks ago. I have swapped out USB keyboards, looked at BIOS, used different USB...
  4. AlphaNumeric Keyboard numbers not working on USB External Keyboards

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AlphaNumeric Keyboard numbers not working on USB External Keyboards: The number keys on the alphanumeric portion of my USB keyboard are not working except for 5 and 6 and % and ^. I am running Windows 10 with latest critical patches, The problem started about 2 weeks ago. I have swapped out USB keyboards, looked at BIOS, used different USB...
  5. AlphaNumeric Keyboard numbers not working on USB External Keyboards

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. External USb Keyboard stop to work after sleep or replug in the USB port

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External USb Keyboard stop to work after sleep or replug in the USB port: Hello, I have on my Windows 10 Pro a wired USB keyboard Microsoft 600.I start the PC Asus VivoBook and all works fine.When I sleep the computer or unplug the keyboard, when I resume the computer or I try to insert the keyboard again, It's doesn't work anymore.I searched on...
  7. External USb Keyboard stop to work after sleep or replug in the USB port

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External USb Keyboard stop to work after sleep or replug in the USB port: Hello, I have on my Windows 10 Pro a wired USB keyboard Microsoft 600.I start the PC Asus VivoBook and all works fine.When I sleep the computer or unplug the keyboard, when I resume the computer or I try to insert the keyboard again, It's doesn't work anymore.I searched on...
  8. External USb Keyboard stop to work after sleep or replug in the USB port

9. USB Keyboard Not Working After Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    USB Keyboard Not Working After Windows 10 Update: Of course Microsoft "Locked" the discussion in Jan 2018. Not sure WHY, but there are tens of thousands, if not Millions of people who have had the same Problem with Won 10 Update. It is 'Unacceptable" for Microsoft to screw up so many computers than just lock the discussion...
  10. External usb keyboard isn't working in windows 10 after it goes to sleep

External usb keyboard isn't working in windows 10 after it goes to sleep: When i plug in external usb keyboard to my laptop it works perfectly but it doesn't work when it goes to sleep. I cant wake it up using external keyboard. I have to use the build in keyboard of my laptop to wake it up but after that my external keyboard is still...