Windows 10: Windows 10 External USB Monitor

Discus and support Windows 10 External USB Monitor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; HI- I'm running a laptop with one HDMI port and multiple USB ports along with windows 10. I have two external ASUS displays. Windows 10 will detect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AnthonyElia, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Windows 10 External USB Monitor

HI- I'm running a laptop with one HDMI port and multiple USB ports along with windows 10. I have two external ASUS displays. Windows 10 will detect and allow me to use the one ASUS that is plugged in via HDMI but the one I have a converter on keeps registering a USB driver error. When I ran the troubleshooter, it said it detected a problem with my USB Display device driver, so I updated it, as per windows recommendation. I also restarted as it specified I needed to do. After restart, same error, now after I run troubleshoot it says that "troubleshooter could not identify the problem".

Anyone else running into this? Is this a video card problem on my laptop? I thought originally it was a driver problem but after updating the driver and restarting, no soup for me.

Any helpful feedback would be appreciated.

:)

AnthonyElia, Mar 4, 2019
  2. Pavan_N Win User

External monitor blanking often

Hi,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of your computer and external monitor?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows and driver updates?
    • Do you get any error message?

I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates in your PC and also update Display drivers. Follow the steps below.

Step 1: I would suggest you to check and install any latest Windows Updates available.

• Go to Start and then Settings.
    • Click on Update and Recovery.
    • Check for updates under
      Windows Updates.
    • Restart the system and check if the issue is resolved.

Step 2: Please refer to the following Wiki article created by
    Andre Da Costa on How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

Do let us know if you still get random black screen in the external monitor. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Mar 4, 2019
  3. DoGoodMen Win User
    Lost external USB monitor after W10 update of 10-01-2016...need help.

Pancho,

9 minutes ago

Last edited: 1 minute ago

Edit

Best Answer

+ Quote

Go to First Unread

Windows 10 External USB Monitor [​IMG]

Similar Threads - Lost external monitor

DoGoodMen, Mar 4, 2019
  4. Windows 10 External USB Monitor

Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Mar 4, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 External USB Monitor

1. Windows 10 External USB Monitor - Similar Threads - External USB Monitor

2. External monitor not working on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External monitor not working on windows 10: I have a windows 10 laptop connected to an external display. It was working fine for months but it stopped working suddenly.after i turned on my laptop. It works fine on pop os dual booted with windows 10 on the same laptop updating the drivers didn't and neither did...
  3. External monitor not working on windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External monitor not working on windows 10: I have a windows 10 laptop connected to an external display. It was working fine for months but it stopped working suddenly.after i turned on my laptop. It works fine on pop os dual booted with windows 10 on the same laptop updating the drivers didn't and neither did...
  4. External monitor not working on windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. External Monitor and USB devices shut off randomly

External Monitor and USB devices shut off randomly: Recently I have been having a problem where my external monitor and USB devices. Use a laptop connected to a monitor with lid closed and my monitor and devices are bugging. They are just randomly turning off for example, I am playing a game like minecraft and my monitor shuts...
  6. External Monitors

External Monitors: I am using the surface pro 3 and the surface doc to set up two external monitors. I have had the monitors working correctly without any problems, but I experience problems when I shut down the surface pro or disconnect from the doc. The monitors appear in the display menu,...
  7. Windows 10/External Monitor Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10/External Monitor Issue: So I have my gaming laptop hooked up to a external monitor and that is my main monitor, I have no intention to use the laptop monitor anymore. However, I do need to keep my laptop screen open slightly so that the air vents can function optimally. I originally had the laptop...
  8. External monitor is not connecting in windows 10

External monitor is not connecting in windows 10: After recent update my laptop is not detecting external monitor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-monitor-is-not-connecting-in-windows-10/24590d76-c527-4ce4-a25c-38bb72e97a9f
  9. windows 10 laptop with external monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    windows 10 laptop with external monitor: just installed a laptop connected to dock with external monitor, mouse & keyboard everything seems to work fine during the day. my problem is every morning I try to use the keyboard or mouse to wake up the laptop & monitor. nothing works until I hit the power button on the...
  10. Windows 10 on external USB HDD

Windows 10 on external USB HDD: is it possible to put windows 10 on an external USB HDD? if so, how? if not, bummer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-on-external-usb-hdd/9c115056-c5dc-4836-b9c8-0b604f83159a